Sponsored by:

effing how much????

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2001, 08:22 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

...went in to my dealership today cos me clutch is starting to slip so I thought I'd get a new one on warranty.....bare [sp] in in mind that I paid extra for a 12 month Subaru proven one....so I was shocked to find out that, although its not excluded in the small print its classed as wear and tear,
Nevermind I know the guys in the garage quite well so I enquired how much for a new one..........£757
*thud* after I regained conciousness I thanked them for their time and left.....methinks an AP organic uprated jobbie at half the price will do.....
therefore todays question is "are dealers in the real world, or are they just taking the pi55?"
Old 14 May 2001, 08:32 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Red face

Well that's just great. I also purchased a Scoob Catalunya with 12 months Subaru approved warranty via a Subaru dealer. I have been suffering with the dreaded clutch judder which, is getting progressively (ohya big word) worse & I am pretty sure I am getting clucth slip in second gear occasionally. My Scoob is due a service in the next couple of weeks and I intended to have them sort this clutch problem out under the warranty.

If this is the case then this severely sucks. To add insult to injury, I have heard from some of the guys on this BBS that the dealer I am going to is one of the "they all do that, sir" brigade!!!!

Den

edited because I thought I was being smart and adding various smilies but, they didn't work?

[This message has been edited by Big Den (edited 14 May 2001).]
Old 14 May 2001, 08:37 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

OH pants,

I am in the same boat as you Richard, Did they give you a breakdown of the costs Labour, part etc. I thought that the AP and replacement Subaru Item were of a similar price then labour, vat, etc.

Andy

(Scoobymania quote the price of an AP clutch as £395 inc VAT and Scoobysport quote £200 to fit a clutch)

[This message has been edited by Andy W (edited 14 May 2001).]
Old 14 May 2001, 08:44 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

sorry Andy meant to e-mail u when I got in but I forgot - lots on me plate at the minute - no breakdown of costs but it might be worth giving your dealer a ring and then trying performance places for an AP one as long as you're not in warranry.......not that it counts for anything
methinks that the emergency starts and donuts and clutch side stepping powerslides will have to be curtailed.....but then again.....

[This message has been edited by Richard Askew (edited 14 May 2001).]
Old 15 May 2001, 08:27 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Richard Askew:
<B>methinks that the emergency starts and donuts and clutch side stepping powerslides will have to be curtailed.....but then again..... [/quote]

Then again, I'm surprised they didn't spot/hear your new exhaust and simply refuse on the grounds that you're too MAX POWER.

[This message has been edited by Squizz (edited 15 May 2001).]
Old 15 May 2001, 06:36 PM
Wigglepuppy
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Methinks you may have to alter your driving style if you want to get more than 1000 miles per clutch.Now lets see how these smiley faces work....Has that done it?Nope.
I'll leave it there for now.
Old 15 May 2001, 06:40 PM
Wigglepuppy
Scooby Newbie

I'm feeling a bit confused . Have I cracked it yet?

Trending Topics

Old 15 May 2001, 06:42 PM
Wigglepuppy
Scooby Newbie

Hoorah!!!
Old 15 May 2001, 07:43 PM
tommy m
Scooby Regular

Hi guys just had AP clutch fitted last week,with sti release bearing,pilot bearing and flywheel skimmed.£785 all in at TSL (nottm) also quoted £715 from pete at scoobysport but no bearings, tommy. You should bear in mind that if your flywheel needs sorting SUBARU will only replace with new about £300-£400 i think tommy.

[This message has been edited by tommy m (edited 15 May 2001).]
Old 15 May 2001, 08:40 PM
Des
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hi,

My car is less than a year old and the clutch
judder has started to become worse though
thankfully still only while cold. Unfortunately my dealer is also one of the
'they all do it brigade'.

This brings up the question of course, which
clutch is good to replace the standard (but
obviously rubbish) one with? What benefits
are there to be had (apart from life expectancy) with say an AP unit?

Cheers
Old 15 May 2001, 09:09 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Red face

Des

Let me guess, you're from Edinburgh, you're dealer is in the "they all do that" brigade.

Hmmnn!! Could it be Nobles in Penicuik by any chance.

I'm calling them tomorrow to arrange a service & "discuss" my clutch judder/slipping problem. As my car is a MY97 Catalunya I am no longer covered by the Subaru warranty but do have a 12 warranty supplied with the car by Nobles. I wonder if this will make any difference?

I have a colleague at work who has just had his clutch replaced under warranty on his MY99 by S&S in Ayrshire. He had no problems with them agreeing that it was a fault as apparently it is a recognised Subaru fault.

Den