Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone know about dual port dump valves?

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2015, 02:22 PM
pjo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about dual port dump valves?

Just brought a dual port dump valve for a 54 wrx.straight forward to run a recirculation set up, came with a bung for the atmosphere vent, I was wondering how to run a full atmosphere set up, do you just have to simply bung the engine's recirculation pipe like all dump valves? I currently have it set to what seems to be a 50/50 1 vent connected to the recirc pipe the other 1 open, only thing is you can't really hear the bov sound? You can hear it slighty with the bonnet up revving the car but nothing when driving?
Old 11 August 2015, 03:06 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

*subscribed to this*
Old 11 August 2015, 04:49 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Me too.
Old 11 August 2015, 08:45 PM
pjo
Scooby Newbie

I've now took the time to set the dump valve up, still running half recirc half atmosphere & still can't make room for the blow off trumpet, so it's a good job it can be removed for now.
Set the valve as soft as possible, and began to rev the engine & turn the valve to harder spring setting until there was no pops or bangs on let off, car seems to be holding boost well, running great with just a very short & sharp blow off sound, only on high revs, the recirc vent opens earlier than the atmosphere 1 so it more a less runs like the stock recirc valve until you put your foot down, which in my opinion is great because it doesn't confuse the MAF sensor.
Old 11 August 2015, 08:55 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

this should be interesting
Old 11 August 2015, 09:39 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pjo
because it doesn't confuse the MAF sensor.
Why would it confuse the maf? the maf is directly after the airbox, the recirc pipe is near the turbo.
Old 11 August 2015, 10:37 PM
pjo
Scooby Newbie

I thought that myself mate, but keep reading on different sites including here, that full atmosphere bov can cause the car to over fuel slightly, something to do with the car fueling according to the reading on the maf? I don't think it would ever cause major problems but bit technical for me to be honest but whenever I've run atmosphere bov before on my last 3 Imprezas I never really liked the idea of bunging a pipe off, so decided to go 50/50 this time round.
Old 11 August 2015, 11:15 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool another dump valve thread
Old 13 August 2015, 11:33 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dual Port valve is the second best for an Impreza, next to the OEM one being first.

Stop worrying about the chav cannon noise. You probably have such little boost running through it being a WRX, there isnt much to 'blow off'. You cant blow off what you dont have.

The Dual Ports also have adjustments for rebound, so loosen it up and youll make it louder.

Best thing to do, use the bung to blank off the atomspheric port, and go full recirculation. Perfect set up.
Old 14 August 2015, 12:35 PM
pjo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Trinity
The Dual Port valve is the second best for an Impreza, next to the OEM one being first.

Stop worrying about the chav cannon noise. You probably have such little boost running through it being a WRX, there isnt much to 'blow off'. You cant blow off what you dont have.

The Dual Ports also have adjustments for rebound, so loosen it up and youll make it louder.

Best thing to do, use the bung to blank off the atomspheric port, and go full recirculation. Perfect set up.
Glad I went for it to be honest mate, had to replace the original it had seen better days. & to be honest I wasn't looking for a chav cannon as you say lol! For this car, had them on my last 3 & I'm getting older now haha!
I was considering running the dual port as full recirc but after running with it 50/50 for a couple of days I'm quite happy with it. The recirc vent opens before the atmos 1 & has you say Wrx running standard boost it only vents to atmosphere right at the end of the rev range, & then it's very subtle
Old 14 August 2015, 12:55 PM
Manford
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What valve did you get?
Old 14 August 2015, 09:36 PM
pjo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Manford
What valve did you get?
A copy of Turbo smart dual port mate