ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

East Kent Subaru - Review!

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2015, 04:58 PM
Khandaris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East Kent Subaru - Review!

I know this is probably not the right place to post this, can someone move it to a Trader Review section? - I couldnt see such a place when going through the forums, so maybe this needs to either be added or made more visible?

I have recently had a lot of dealing with Richard at East Kent Subaru.

My car went to him with a hole in a piston through bad detonation problems.

He gave me all the facts, a choice of a reconditioned / rebuilt engine or a swap from a later model. Due to finances I opted for a swap from a later model. Its a year 2000 classic.

He initially collected the car from me, and had it repaired and delivered back within approximately 2 weeks, including the map being checked by Duncan too.

Unfortunately, after completing less than 100 miles the oil pump decided to give out and cause the engine to fail.

I accepted the fact that the engine was purchased with no warranty due to it being sourced from another car.

However, Richard didn't wash his hands with me. Instead, he collected the car from me again (a 4 hours drive) at his own expense, he completed the engine swap again with no labour charge, and even managed to get a reduction charge on the replacement engine and then delivered it back to me at his own expense yet again.

There is one tiny issue with the rocker cover leaking, but Richard is covering the cost of getting this fixed locally.

I want to say this is a positive review and reflects the quality of service offered by East Kent Subaru. It was not their fault that the engine failed, but they did everything they could, including going above and beyond with their quality after service. I have never had such a great experience of dealing with a trader before.

Although EKS is a 4+ hour drive from mine, I will certainly be recommending them to anyone in the Kent area, or surrounding counties for their repairs and genuine honest trader status.

5 stars service to East Kent Subaru!

PS - You always read about bad traders, and they always make this forum. I just wanted to actually show a genuine trader in a positive light for once!
Old 05 July 2015, 07:44 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Richard is a top guy indeed bought many parts from him without any issues. Well recommended
Old 28 August 2015, 07:37 AM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have also had very satisfactory service from East Kent Subaru. They recently supplied and fitted a six speed box, there were issues but as already stated Richard went above and beyond to put things right. Highly recommended trader.
Old 28 August 2015, 07:52 AM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

top bloke and don't give you any bull****
unlike other subaru garages/beakers
Old 28 August 2015, 11:27 PM
Lillyart14
Scooby Regular

Currently talking to Richard about having my Turbo 2000 track-prepared. Sent a few emails back and forth, bloke clearly knows his stuff and is happy to reccommend parts and prices for you so there's no scary charges.

It's refreshing to speak with someone who knows what they're talking about. Put's my mind at ease...
Old 29 August 2015, 12:19 AM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Yer man got to echo the above, Rich is a proper top geezer and always looked after my car and helped out no matter what.
Old 29 August 2015, 10:58 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Yep, Richards put my engine together and installed it, completed a six speed conversion, and recently fitted my rotated set up. Top man.

Plus loads of other bits I've forgotten about. Highly recommended.
Old 29 August 2015, 11:48 AM
scotty boy 80
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought a few parts off cars being broke and they've been as described and packaged well
Old 29 August 2015, 12:44 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Didn't even know about these guys until recently. I'm looking at having my hawk STi forged. I'm guessing you guys would recommend East Kent?
Old 29 August 2015, 04:12 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Definitely
Old 29 August 2015, 05:34 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Good he sorted that.
But when using a used engine I'd recommend all new/uprated parts to rebuild it back up, but the cost can get high.