veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got 14k then sti
Old 25 May 2015, 10:38 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

uh oh... scoobynets favourite debate rears its head once more.
Old 25 May 2015, 10:39 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by veerinder9
If you got 14k then sti
A spec c then
Old 25 May 2015, 11:29 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned before and also follow the sound advice I was given drive them both and see what you think. I choose a STI but with so many models to choose from everyone has a different opinion and it also depends on what you want from you Scooby.
Old 26 May 2015, 01:21 AM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

I heard the 1.6 is good
Old 26 May 2015, 02:15 AM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Name:  images-6_zpswgeltd55.jpeg
Views: 0
Size:  6.9 KB
Old 26 May 2015, 03:31 AM
scotte_d
Scooby Newbie

Sorry I know it been ask a million times, but it's a big decision and I want to get the right car, I know it's down to personal choice,just want to know what spec sti to look for, I would like to but can't test drive them all, cheers scott
Old 26 May 2015, 06:15 AM
scoobyjunky
Scooby Regular

I would be looking at a nice rb320 if I had that money
Old 26 May 2015, 06:24 AM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

Suprised fat Thomas hasn't posted. Get an sti
Old 26 May 2015, 06:24 AM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

Especially if u have £14 k to spend
Old 26 May 2015, 07:08 AM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't buy a 2.5 sti unless it's had a engine rebuild ( forged ) which is well within your budget, what do,you want the car for? Track days? Daily car?

I wouldn't got for a WRX or a GB270 at all, if you find one you like feel free to PM
the link to me, you will get a spec c for that money but they are more of a weekend car really, personally I think a JDM STI.
Old 26 May 2015, 08:49 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

If you have 14k , you could buy the WRX and still have some left over for a little flat on a council estate in Ramsgate. They go together really well.

For 14K, you could almost have the cream of the crop, a Hawk JDM STI in white, I wouldnt go Spec C if you like creature comforts and dont want to feel like you've been dragged down the road in a tin bath, but if you dont mind that, then thats also an option.

But if you want, ill sell you a great WRX for £14k.
Old 26 May 2015, 06:54 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Trinity
If you have 14k , you could buy the WRX and still have some left over for a little flat on a council estate in Ramsgate. They go together really well.

For 14K, you could almost have the cream of the crop, a Hawk JDM STI in white, I wouldnt go Spec C if you like creature comforts and dont want to feel like you've been dragged down the road in a tin bath, but if you dont mind that, then thats also an option.

Don't believe the hype, they are not that bad, who needs soundproofing, lol.
Old 26 May 2015, 10:21 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by Trinity

For 14K, you could almost have the cream of the crop, a Hawk JDM STI in white, I wouldnt go Spec C if you like creature comforts and dont wa feel like you've been dragged down the road in a tin bath, but ifnt to you dont mind that, then thats also an option.

Probably the best description I have heard about a car.
Old 28 May 2015, 03:54 AM
gary77
Scooby Regular

I need to look more into the spec c , sounds like my kind of performance car
Old 28 May 2015, 05:40 AM
zayd
Scooby Regular

You don't want a WRX, and you don't want an STI.

What you want is a WRX STI!
Old 28 May 2015, 07:15 AM
scotte_d
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for all the advice, I'll just look and drive a couple and see which one I fall in love with
Old 28 May 2015, 07:16 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This subject always amuses me, with £14k to spend the world of Subaru's is your oyster.

Many will scream STI, JDM and Spec C as you can see by this thread, but they are rather hard core for a daily driver especially if you're used to some creature comforts and a smooth ride.

You really need to test drive some cars to find out which one is for you, and don't let peoples opinions get in the way of your decision as that needs to be based on what you want the car for and what future plans you have for it.

As always opinions vary, if you want a quick daily drive then the WRX is hard to beat, with slight mods @ circa £1k it can become a very potent street weapon yet still maintain good road manners and be easy to live with on a day to day basis AND return 28/36mpg when driven normally.

The STI variants are more hard core but that is also going to depend what you're used to / want from the car, they have a stronger engine, gearbox and better brakes, so if you've a mind to go on track or mod it to 450bhp then some would say it's probably a better place to start, not me but that's because I have been around these cars a long time and know what I could do with £14k and don't care about badges, so I'm a bit of an exception to the rule.

Again throw £1k at a standard STI and it moves up a level but they're harder to live with on a day to day basis and don't expect to see much above 20/25mpg, which isn't a consideration for some but if you do long journeys regularly then something like a Spec C is probably not the best choice, however if it's a weekend blaster and you like track days and want to go to the Ring and Spa then that's the tool for the job.

At the end of the day it's a bit of a minefield which requires you to be honest with yourself and not just go out and buy what others consider to be the best car at the at the top end of your budget, we had one lad do that recently only to discover it wasn't really for him.

All that glitters isn't gold.
Old 28 May 2015, 11:28 PM
zayd
Scooby Regular

I started with a WRX Prodrive on a 2003 plate, which was a great car, but I always felt it was just not enough for me. So, a year later, I sold it for a WRX STI on a 2004 plate. This one I did a stage 1 mod, taking it up to 340 bhp and around the same torque. This car was now perfect for me and enough power and handling capabilities.

Then I just kept missing the luxuries of the German cars and the refinement you just don't get with Scoobies and EVO's, so I traded up again.

However, if I was in you position, I would by a Lancer Evolution IX. You could easily buy an FQ360 with that money, and I feel they look and drive better than Subaru's. Their build quality and power delivery is very good indeed, considering they've used the same engine since 1988.
Old 29 May 2015, 01:23 AM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Op is obviously a troll. 14k in the sky rocket and asking if he should get a wrx or sti? Both have no creature comforts the wrx maped and exhaust will be quicker and more comftable then a standard sti. Sti modded = quicker still but like many race suspension focused cars wont be nice to drive every day
Old 29 May 2015, 04:17 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

I spent £15k on a on a MY06 Tin bath Impreza
Old 29 May 2015, 06:19 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
I spent £15k on a on a MY06 Tin bath Impreza

Nasty stutter that Gaz
Old 29 May 2015, 06:58 PM
marco58
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
This subject always amuses me, with £14k to spend the world of Subaru's is your oyster.

Many will scream STI, JDM and Spec C as you can see by this thread, but they are rather hard core for a daily driver especially if you're used to some creature comforts and a smooth ride.

You really need to test drive some cars to find out which one is for you, and don't let peoples opinions get in the way of your decision as that needs to be based on what you want the car for and what future plans you have for it.

As always opinions vary, if you want a quick daily drive then the WRX is hard to beat, with slight mods @ circa £1k it can become a very potent street weapon yet still maintain good road manners and be easy to live with on a day to day basis AND return 28/36mpg when driven normally.

The STI variants are more hard core but that is also going to depend what you're used to / want from the car, they have a stronger engine, gearbox and better brakes, so if you've a mind to go on track or mod it to 450bhp then some would say it's probably a better place to start, not me but that's because I have been around these cars a long time and know what I could do with £14k and don't care about badges, so I'm a bit of an exception to the rule.

Again throw £1k at a standard STI and it moves up a level but they're harder to live with on a day to day basis and don't expect to see much above 20/25mpg, which isn't a consideration for some but if you do long journeys regularly then something like a Spec C is probably not the best choice, however if it's a weekend blaster and you like track days and want to go to the Ring and Spa then that's the tool for the job.

At the end of the day it's a bit of a minefield which requires you to be honest with yourself and not just go out and buy what others consider to be the best car at the at the top end of your budget, we had one lad do that recently only to discover it wasn't really for him.

All that glitters isn't gold.
All said end of Thread.
Old 29 May 2015, 07:37 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
Nasty stutter that Gaz
driving through wales does that to you
Old 29 May 2015, 07:42 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marco58
All said end of Thread.
If you really want to end the thread........OP, buy an STI its a far far far far superior car and you'll only wish you bought one if you opt for a WRX.

Plus, pulling up along side an STI at the traffic lights in your WRX is like standing next to Ron Jeremy at the urinal, you just don't measure up.
Old 29 May 2015, 07:55 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

For 14K I'd also think about an Evo,more car for the money and I'm not just says that to annoy anyone.
Old 29 May 2015, 07:55 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by marco58
All said end of Thread.
For those that are a bit thick, yes it was.
Old 29 May 2015, 10:39 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jayallen
If you really want to end the thread........OP, buy an STI its a far far far far superior car and you'll only wish you bought one if you opt for a WRX.

Plus, pulling up along side an STI at the traffic lights in your WRX is like standing next to Ron Jeremy at the urinal, you just don't measure up.
Yeah but you're gona feel a bit of an idiot when the lights chance to green and the WRX shows you a clean pair of heels.

Quick Reply: Wrx or sti