garage broken in to

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2015, 02:02 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default garage broken in to

Garage got broken into yesterday.
Luckily my car wasn't in it. I had some alloys and bits for the Subaru which they didn't take. But its got me wandering if someone heard the car going in and out every now and then and decided to take a look?
I rent the garage so gonna look to renting a more secure garage.
The current one only has wooden doors and they broke in by smashing the eyelets off the hinges.... They did all 4 garages

Scum bags.

Anyway got a quick release and omp wheel to fit. Should deter most criminals.
Old 20 February 2015, 02:31 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

But don't forget crime is at a modern low according to the do-gooders and the government

Yes makes you wonder if they were after the Scoob. Hope you find a more secure place soon mate
Old 20 February 2015, 03:03 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
But don't forget crime is at a modern low according to the do-gooders and the government

Yes makes you wonder if they were after the Scoob. Hope you find a more secure place soon mate
Seriously get a grip, the poor blokes just had someone do over his garage and you can't resist the temptation to vent your usualy anti government rant.
Old 20 February 2015, 03:14 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

don't think he meant anything bad by it Neil
Old 20 February 2015, 03:17 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Trouble is crime will always be about no matter what. And the amount of Subarus and other cars getting pinched seems to be a lot..

Hopefully quick release steering wheel should deter any possible theft.
Although they can get it if they really want to even without a steering wheel. But that seems too unlikely as its a hell of a lot of work for a few £k?
Old 20 February 2015, 03:20 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CutMasterT
don't think he meant anything bad by it Neil
Doesn't change the fact there's a time and a place. Besides, it's just Chris being Chris at the end of the day. Just the more time i spend on here the less tolerant I find myself being of the constant stream of bollocks that gets posted.
Old 20 February 2015, 03:23 PM
steevasaurus
Scooby Newbie

Be careful they don't come back again
If they didn't get what they're looking for and have the brass neck to try it, they could be back within a week!

Don't get me started on the current government...

*EDIT*

Apologies, I should have started with "sorry to hear, glad nothing is missing"

Last edited by steevasaurus; 20 February 2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: I'm a horrible person, sorry.
Old 20 February 2015, 03:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
Doesn't change the fact there's a time and a place. Besides, it's just Chris being Chris at the end of the day. Just the more time i spend on here the less tolerant I find myself being of the constant stream of bollocks that gets posted.
Stop posting then as that should remove a lot of the bollocks that gets posted Your definition of bollocks is any opinion that doesn't agree with your somewhat skewed view of the polticidal landscape. You're a Tory, a sad woeful affliction that makes me feel sorry for you hence I will go easy

To the OP, as said I hope you get somewhere more secure. I just find the fact that so many people seem to still be the victims of crime despite the fact that the official statistics from the police and politicians say it isn't happening! Please make sure you report it and get a crime reference number as then it gets recorded as a crime and supposedly they cannot ignore it and if something further happens you have some background if the insurance need to get involved

Hopefully that will not be the case.
Old 20 February 2015, 04:12 PM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Forget quick release steering wheel, get this installed
Old 20 February 2015, 04:20 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant recommend these enough. Not only suitable for garage and shed protection but also ideal to protect your property when UKIP are canvassing your area. Carefully located in and around your garden gates and paths they should also protect your property from labour and condem intrusion. Think mini claymore mine and you get the picture.

Be mindful that using shot is classed as a booby trap and booby traps are very very illegal. Read comments at end of video.

Old 20 February 2015, 05:23 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop posting then as that should remove a lot of the bollocks that gets posted Your definition of bollocks is any opinion that doesn't agree with your somewhat skewed view of the polticidal landscape. You're a Tory, a sad woeful affliction that makes me feel sorry for you hence I will go easy
Resident Troll strikes again
Old 20 February 2015, 06:02 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trinity
Resident Troll strikes again
Neil is generally alright, leave him alone!

PS At least I can work out who is replying to who!

Oh and you forgot to tell him to buy an STI

Last edited by f1_fan; 20 February 2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 20 February 2015, 06:09 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

So we have something in common after all
Old 20 February 2015, 06:22 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Only on scoobynet can someone's misfortune of getting broken into turn into a slanging match
Glad nowt got taken CutMasterT,it's good the car wasn't in there,keep it outside your house if you can until you find a secure garage,wooden doors not the best deterrent for the thieving scumbags!
Old 20 February 2015, 06:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
So we have something in common after all
Old 21 February 2015, 03:21 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

cheers all, I'm getting someone to fit 3 lots of security bars across the doors, and the fixings will be bolted into the surrounding brick work and bolt ends welded, so to get in they'll literally have to angle grind them off. I know its not fool proof but better than nothing
Old 21 February 2015, 03:56 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CutMasterT
cheers all, I'm getting someone to fit 3 lots of security bars across the doors, and the fixings will be bolted into the surrounding brick work and bolt ends welded, so to get in they'll literally have to angle grind them off. I know its not fool proof but better than nothing
To be honest mate sometimes making it easier for them to break into someone else's property is the answer... sad though that may be!
Old 21 February 2015, 04:09 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To be honest mate sometimes making it easier for them to break into someone else's property is the answer... sad though that may be!
Sad but true, when they see **** loads of security it just makes them think there's something in there worth having and will come tooled up for the job.

You'd be better off just putting it back to standard so as not to arouse further interest, also so they will do less damage trying to get in.

I'd say the fact they did 4 shows they were just chancing their arm, now they know there's only some wheels in there they're less likely to strike again, unless of course you make it look like Fort Knox.
Old 21 February 2015, 04:43 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Yer if they were after small bits and bobs for quick money I guess the alloys would have been first thing they would have taken?

I'm pretty sure someone must have heard it going in and out of there and decided to try and get it. They did all of the garages so were clearly looking for something worth taking.

Maybe just have to keep it on the street from now on..

This is well annoying, cant have nothing nice nowadays... so peed off about it.
Old 21 February 2015, 07:11 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

It looks like they were looking for a car, I'd try a more secure garage. My grandad had one with wooden doors, he use to have old classic inside they kept on trying to break in. Even removed roof tiles.

You want a metal shutter type door there the toughest. Or metal pull down. Both better than wood.
Old 26 February 2015, 06:35 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Got a solution sorted - going to be storing it in a place that specifically stores cars in a de humidified and security controlled lock up. Sounds extreme but I am going to be getting it re sprayed and 6 speed done soon so this is the best solution for me right now. The cost isn't far off what the garage was costing to rent, so for the peace of mind I think its worth it. Least I know its in safe hands and is not far away too.
Old 26 February 2015, 06:48 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When you drop it off, walk round the corner and out of sight. Then go back and see that they ACTUALLY lock it away. Or come back later at night, if you need to.

Some so-called secure compound companies leave cars outside; or in a non-secure carpark; or in the street; or an employee might even use it as a runaround for their daily commutes!

Last edited by joz8968; 26 February 2015 at 06:57 PM.