Sponsored by:

New hawkeye owner after a few answers please

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2015, 09:32 PM
Luke47
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New hawkeye owner after a few answers please

Evening everyone been lurking a few weeks and thought I should say hello! Just got myself a 07 wrx which I have mainly been tinkering with over the last month just to make sure everything is ok. Been out for a few runs out in the car and loving it why didn't I buy one earlier.
Having driven it about a bit I have the rear shock knock that sounds like it's quite common, at present I don't have the cash for coilovers plus don't think I'm going to be needing that spec yet. Going to replace the shocks with either kyb or Sachs for a while but spotted a set of pro drive springs locally from a 01 wrx bugeye question is will these be a straight swap? Seen all sorts regarding sti differences but hopefully I can get a decisive yes no
Also quite local to zen performance so thinking of getting her booked in some time just to get set up to utilise what it's got, not looking to go mad as I see the engines can be a bit weak but it's fitted with a aftermarket filter and different exhaust is there anything worth changing/getting fitted first?
Thanks in advance and sorry for going on a bit
Old 20 January 2015, 10:51 PM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

There is a mod you can do with the shocks to stop common knocking you drill and tap the show and insert a nipple and fill the inside with grease. The shocks are common to knock on the rear as they go drive inside and have a slight angle where they hit on the insides of the actual shock. Bugeye blobeye and hawkeye all have the same style so you can fit any as a replacement

I'm breaking a hawkeye anything you need pm me
Old 20 January 2015, 10:54 PM
uk300scoob
Scooby Regular

These react well to a walbro fuel pump and a map with a simple decated exhaust system. Decent plugs fitted then oil change every 5k to keep the engine good is all thats needed. Dont put any air intakes or that on just a k&n panel filter is perfect for these and a standard recirculating valve kept dont be putting a dumpvalve on its not needed
Old 20 January 2015, 11:14 PM
Luke47
Scooby Newbie

Nice one thanks that's answered a few things. Seen a vid of that being done may do it in the future if it happens again but as I don't know how long it's been like it will probably stick a new set of struts and those springs on for now then it's sorted for a while. That's also great to hear as just put new plugs in, oil change engine,tranny and diff also new timing belt pulleys and water pump etc. you never know may get through the year hassle free thanks again for the quick answer will pm you know if anything I need comes up
Old 21 January 2015, 12:57 AM
stevemoir
Scooby Regular

Has the car you bought not came with a warranty as you've only had it a month?

Steve
Old 21 January 2015, 05:11 PM
Luke47
Scooby Newbie

Was a private sale Steve but at the price I got it at knew there was issues, I'm just a bit picky and like to make sure everything's 100% plus I enjoy tinkering about in the garage just as much as taking it out