Sponsored by:

Scooby newbie (nearly anyway)

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2014, 09:19 PM
craig_85
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby newbie (nearly anyway)

Hello to all, firstly I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but on my phone this isn't being amazing on the navigation front so hopefully not too out of place.
My name is Craig and I am in the Eastwood area near Southend and at present I am looking to get my first Impreza.

I am looking at either Bugeye or Blobeyes in STI form as have always wanted one.
I've loved the impreza for years and have wanted one since I started driving 12 years ago but until now (wife agreeing) lol I have not been in the position to get one.
I am trying to find the nicest spec possible as most do, not bothered if it's standard but mainly want a semi low mileage example that's not had 10+ owners and is in a smart condition.
My max budget for the right car is probably around the £6400 give or take a little but whatever it has to be the sti model.

I am hoping to get one before Christmas and then once I have one in my posetion be on here posting up about my progress with it and generally waffling on about how much I love driving it

Test drove a bugeye sti prodrive model over the weekend which drive lovely barring a tiny clunk when coming off the clutch at low speeds when re engaging drive. Wasn't the best body wise but engine and box seemed great but the seller left a little to be desired with his attitude and being very late for the viewing.
Anyway, sorry I went off there, just really keen to get one home on my drive and start enjoying one.
Looking forward to spending time on here chatting and going to the meets as as on as I can.

Regards,

Craig
Old 16 December 2014, 09:36 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome,

I think you'd need more than £6400 to buy a nice STI mate
They are all around 8-9k for the blob and nice bugs are 7-7.5k
Old 16 December 2014, 09:40 PM
craig_85
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the welcome.

They are out there, I'm not after an immaculate car and don't expect to find one for what I'm paying but they are out there just not amazingly local to me at present.
Most I've found in my price range are up Blackpool way so a fair few hours travel but have just noticed one on here in the classifieds so may look into that too.

Just wondering whether to ignore the guys poor salesmanship and just go for that car and tidy up the little bits that needed doing and keep the little saved over for possible parts.
Old 17 December 2014, 12:35 AM
MATT93
Scooby Regular

Welcome!
The Subaru's seem to fetch a higher price over there as opposed to here (Northern Ireland)
I bought my first blob STI for a little over 6k.
Had 72k miles, full engine rebuild with reciepts totaling over 4k, upgraded excedy racing clutch, Simtek ECU & had genuine Prodrive PFF7's.
Car was pretty close to immaculate.

They are out there