06 Blob value?

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2014, 07:53 PM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Blob value?

Hi guys,

Possible future change in circumstances might force me to sell the car. Wanted to get an idea of it's value as i'm sure there's more of a market for it in Mainland UK as opposed to here in Northern Ireland.

Specs:

06 Blobeye STI, widetrack, last of the 2.0 engines.
Registered in March 2006, so lower (£280pa) tax.
46,500 miles
JGM re-map, 334bhp, 328lbsft with printout
STI V-ltd front splitter
K&N panel filter
Superpro front alloy drop links
Prodrive RB320 Lowering springs
Scorpion non-res centre pipe (just fitted, with genuine Subaru gaskets)
Strut brace
4 perfect wheels, not a mark on them, all with Bridgestone Potenza RE070's
HEL braided brake lines
Clifford Blackjax 4 alarm with anti-hijack. (receipts for installation present)

Car is immaculate, i've looked after it like a child, bar a few small marks which are expected of an 8 year old car.

MOT until May 2015
FSH with a full folder of receipts, invoices, old tax discs etc. Last service @44k miles. Timing belt changed @ 43k miles.

Run exclusively on BP ultimate, i've even kept a load of fuel receipts. There is a small crack in the drivers' side rear arch extension but can be easily sorted.

Like I say, i'm just looking a value for it as I may (but also may not) have to part ways with her.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited by dave23; 09 November 2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09 November 2014, 08:31 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

9 if it's a stunner - post a few pictures....
Old 10 November 2014, 08:50 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its only a short flight from the mainland though?
Old 10 November 2014, 02:32 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Takes less time to fly to NI from most places, then to drive to say Cornwall from Scotland, I wouldnt say location would be too much of an issue if the car is correctly priced and a good'un.
Old 10 November 2014, 03:37 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Indeed, and potentially someone could fly over first thing, and drive back later the same day
Old 10 November 2014, 03:44 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to agree with the location issue.. its a long way and a costly one should the car not turn out either as described or to the potential buyers liking. its not just round the corner is it, its a plane journey

having said that I would advise pictures with your advert to say the least

Last edited by powerwrx; 10 November 2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10 November 2014, 09:10 PM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys. Just to be clear, i'm not advertising it just yet, just wanted to get an idea of what they go for your side of the water. But here are a few pictures:

Old 11 November 2014, 07:11 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would say £9k is too much, it will need to be priced pretty keenly to make someone go through the hassle and expense of getting it back to England, add to that the fact that cars are cheaper over there and it would need to be in the region of £7.5k to make me take the chance and make the trip, then it would be a deal worth doing, expenses paid and a cheap ish low mileage car at the end of it as a reward.

There has been one on here for a few weeks from there at £7k and hasn't shifted, all be it with higher miles but that's not the main stumbling block, it's the distance, time and risk of spunking a few hundred quid and a bloody long day going to get it, needs to be a big incentive to get me and I suspect many others off their **** and taking a risk.

My reasoning is by the time I got it back to where I live i'd have spunked the best part of £500, and that's my UK address, to get it to where I am now add another ish £400.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 11 November 2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11 November 2014, 07:15 AM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the help. It's not going for £7.5k given the condition, age, mileage and spec.
Old 11 November 2014, 07:40 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...trol?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...baru?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...rs/4?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/6?logcode=p

That's just a quick 5 min look if I was going to part with £9k it would be the last one and I would fully expect to get it for that or less, others are from traders and more miles but you get a warranty and no great expense, time or risk going to get it.

Theres people on here looking for cars for over 6 months to get the right deal, all I'm saying is your needs to be the right kind of deal.
Old 11 November 2014, 07:58 AM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Cheers. That last one is a year older than mine with more miles, but that's the sort of money I'd be after given that I've pumped a good bit of money into it as well.
Old 11 November 2014, 08:17 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Sad thing about pumping money in to cars on mods is that you don't ever get back what you've spent, wide track is a wide track and I doubt the year newer would bother most considering the miles. Like I said most would be looking to knock £500 off the last one it being a private sale and he does state in the add that he's open to offers so that means he's expecting to do that anyway.

As I said in my previous post we all know cars are cheaper there so again few hundred off for that and again few hundred off for expenses and travel time and i'd say the best you'll get is £8k taking into account your mods and age and miles.

But hey it's not a for sale thread so that's the only reason i'm giving my opinion of what I would be willing to pay, otherwise i'd keep my gob shut and leave folks to it.

P.S I was looking for over 6 months for a Blob wagon at the right money and in the end I got one in the colour I wanted with PPP and AP 4 pots for £4k that was 3 1/2 years ago and they still go for that and more now with similar miles and no AP's pretty sure if I put it on the market with the AP's (which I won't) i'd get all my money back.
Old 11 November 2014, 08:20 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

P.s, nice car by the way and good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 11 November 2014, 09:09 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do decide to part with this car then I'd put it up for what you think it's worth.

If you're not in a hurry to sell and you have a minter that you've invested a lot of time and effort into then make sure the buyer has to reward you financially for it.

Someone on here's got a Spec C Hawk that they're asking very high money for. That's what it's worth to him, that's what he feels he needs to be compensated to part with it and being such a great car someone will eventually part with the cash for it.

Put it up for just under five figures if you want to part with her, there are very few cars like this out there. You'll get loads of timewasters and tyre kickers but if you hold firm you will get your price.
Old 11 November 2014, 04:47 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

bring it over to the potential buyer, if he or she is happy with the car then you may get what your after, other than that, as ditchy says its a costly gamble for anyone to take the trip unless your willing to compensate in the asking price.

if you agree a deal then you can fly home with your money. are you willing to do that? take a chance at being a few hundred out of pocket? its what your asking us to do..
Old 11 November 2014, 08:42 PM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys.

I would knock a few quid off for travel, as i'd expect the same if it were me. But it wouldn't be a huge amount off the asking price as that, in my mind, is what it would be worth.

I'm not a blood merchant either, just would like the car to go to a fellow enthusiast who appreciates what they're getting.

Last edited by dave23; 11 November 2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11 November 2014, 09:28 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bring the car over or compensate a UK traveller? How desperate are you to sell??

Is there some reason why people in Northern (or Southern) Ireland wouldn't be interested in this car?
Old 11 November 2014, 10:13 PM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
Bring the car over or compensate a UK traveller? How desperate are you to sell??

Is there some reason why people in Northern (or Southern) Ireland wouldn't be interested in this car?
Not desperate in any way, though I have seen a car locally that i'd replace it with but i'm in no rush to sell.

I would list it locally too, this thread was just to see if there was a bigger market on the mainland.
Old 12 November 2014, 02:31 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...trol?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...baru?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...rs/4?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/6?logcode=p

That's just a quick 5 min look if I was going to part with £9k it would be the last one and I would fully expect to get it for that or less, others are from traders and more miles but you get a warranty and no great expense, time or risk going to get it.

Theres people on here looking for cars for over 6 months to get the right deal, all I'm saying is your needs to be the right kind of deal.
Going by these ones for sale.i would put yours up for 9.5k ono.
Old 12 November 2014, 01:30 PM
GH80
Scooby Regular

How long have you owned the car? I might be looking to sell a similar one from Northern Ireland too in a few months, will be interested to see how you get on.

There have been a few <50k blue widetracks for sale from Northern Ireland recently, seem to be going to England to shift on.

There was a guy looking for a low mileage widetrack from Northern Ireland a few weeks ago, I will pm him your details if he hasn't seen already.
Old 12 November 2014, 05:26 PM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Cheers. I've had the car for 6 months but it's likely my job is changing for the better and with a house looming it's unlikely is be able to keep this and run another car.
Old 12 November 2014, 07:15 PM
mshill
Scooby Regular

NI is easy to get to for right car, I bought mine from a Scooby Ireland member. Flew over for £70 from Glasgow + £120 for ferry back with car + £50 fuel, so factor in around £250 for costs and your sorted.
Old 12 November 2014, 09:04 PM
dave23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mshill
NI is easy to get to for right car, I bought mine from a Scooby Ireland member. Flew over for £70 from Glasgow + £120 for ferry back with car + £50 fuel, so factor in around £250 for costs and your sorted.
Yeah that's similar to what I paid a few years back, plus it's a fun day out lol.
Old 12 November 2014, 09:05 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave23
Yeah that's similar to what I paid a few years back, plus it's a fun day out lol.
not if you don't come back with the car
Old 12 November 2014, 09:39 PM
dave23
Scooby Regular

I had a lucky seller, car was as described, much like mine is.
Old 14 November 2014, 09:23 AM
JusNoGood
Scooby Regular

I've got to agree with PowerWRX. I went to see loads of cars before I bought mine. They were all not quite as described when I got there. I did a 200 mile round trip one time and a 4 hour round trip on a blinking train another time. There are so many Imprezas over here I can't see the reason why I'd risk wasting a whole day and a wodge of cash to fly and see one car - well perhaps if it was a few grand cheaper than similar cars near me. I wouldn't drive from from Scotland to Cornwall to look at a car either, you'd literally be passing 1,000 of other Imprezas for sale!

I would travel big distance if I was looking for a rare car like a JPS Lotus Esprit ...not for a WRX or STI.

Obviously just my personal opinion and I'm sure people have travelled that kind of distance.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 15 November 2014, 08:36 AM
Gary Tractor boy
Scooby Regular

I bought my 05 blob sti with PPP from NI 2 years ago and I'm from the other side of the uk in East Anglia but it was for a good price and if I was to sell today I would still make a 1.5k profit, £40 for an easyjet flight about £95 for the ferry then £20 for a travelodge + fuel £150 ish, It was worth it for me as I got a lovely car had it not been then I would have wasted a whole day and about £100, but it would of cost more than that to go and look at a car up in Manchester. Also worth a note to say if you buy one from NI then you have to re register it with the DVLA as NI have their own version of the DVLA but it's only filling out a form.
Old 15 November 2014, 11:37 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

DVLA is now all UK based.