Totally pissed off

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2002, 04:33 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

*******s, put him in the c**t book!!!

That is so bad doing that. My old car (MY00) has gone to the fleet manager and maybe for sale ??

Cheers Phill C

[Edited by babber - 6/1/2002 4:33:17 PM]
Old 06 February 2002, 05:05 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

John,
You know how I've been let down a fair few times myself....including a 550 mile round journey and a cost in excess of £300 !!!! It's not a nice experience

As a dealer in Scoobs I now say to the seller, bring it to me, if it's as you say it is I'll pay you your money AND take you to the train station AND PAY your fare home !!!! IF it's not as you describe and a deal cannot be done I will PAY YOU £100 EXPENCES !!!!! as I feel it's worth the £100 not having a wasted day/journey....it also clarifies pretty quickly if the seller is doubtful as to their description.....

And the call car dealers eh

I've sent you an e-mail....I'd happily TRADE the STi IV to you if interested....you'll not find better....I promise

Pics now on my website www.scoobyscene.co.uk

Chris

[Edited by Mellow Yellow ! - 6/2/2002 6:07:54 PM]
Old 06 February 2002, 06:45 PM
Postman Pat
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

John I know the experience is not nice but for **** sake grow up! There will always be W**kers out there. You should be in my position - idiot in charge of my outfit has locked me out of work over something he is trying to force me to do which is illegal (by the way there are circa 500 of us in same boat).

One gets disappointments in life no matter where you are. How you deal with them defines who you are.

Better luck next time

Pat [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by Postman Pat - 6/2/2002 6:48:16 PM]
Old 06 February 2002, 07:33 PM
Zagangaphile
Scooby Regular

It seemes like a lose-lose situation to me.

I'm sure there was no malice or desire to deprive on both sides, it's just one of those things that happens when you sell privately.

Babber, I think the seller did offer to pay petrol.

I'd have done the same has seller, except maybe tell John and the buyer that another buyer was on the way and that i'd accept the first offer that put the right amount cash in my hand.

As I said a no win scenario.

UK300
When someone rejects your car as not for them, it does'nt mean it's a bad car, just that it's not what they wanted. I think John was just pissed off at everything about buying a car, i'm also sure he did'nt mean to make it sound as though you were trynig to rip him off.

[Edited by Zagangaphile - 6/2/2002 7:36:32 PM]
Old 06 February 2002, 07:58 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

So with all due respect what we seem to have is:

a seller who got offered cash for his car and took it, then rang John ASAP.

a seller who's car had somethings different to his/her advert and didn't realise.

C'est la vie

Greg

Edited to say I can see both sides of the coin here and it seems to be an unfortunate series of incidents.

[Edited by gregh - 6/2/2002 8:17:02 PM]
Old 06 April 2002, 07:30 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Cool

John my gearbox ratio is about 19-20mph per 1000rpm in 5th (about the same a UKs 4th) and my WRX redline is 7,500 so it should give me about 150 flat out. I guess the STI is about 8250 so it should be good for 160 ish. The thing that surprised me the most between my UK and RA is when the turbo kicked. The RA seems to head for the redline from about 2750 rpm and then again at 5.5. The Uk was 3,500 before things started to happen. You have a job to use full throttle in 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

[Edited by chrisp - 6/4/2002 8:32:05 PM]
Old 06 May 2002, 10:07 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

So hold on let me get this straight....

You reject the RB5 because the service history won't allow you to extend the Subaru Warranty and then you buy a Jap Import which Subaru won't touch with a bargepole and probably has missing service history (unless imported from new).

Also just read a Taxi has hit your new Impreza and it needs a new wing which puts the little scuff on the bumper of the RB5 into perspective.

[Edited by JoeyDeacon - 6/5/2002 10:12:28 AM]
Old 01 June 2002, 04:24 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Angry

What a waste of a day! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I am looking to buy a scoob turbo so I answer a couple of adds about an RB5 and an MY00 with full Prodrive package. Both are a long way from me but I think it’s worth the effort to go see them.

The RB5 WRSport was just a fallback really as I liked the look of the MY00 a lot.

The RB5 is immaculate, no dints, no stonechips, FSSH etc so I arrange to go see that on my way down to London from Manchester. I get there and the guy is a good chap, very friendly etc but the car is a disappointment. The no stone chips etc turns out to mean a scraped rear bumper, scraped and thin paint on the front bumper, scratches and panel damage on the door, the odd scratch here and there on the panels. FSSH turns out to mean it skipped 18 months worth of services and then had one in January. I am not saying this is a bad car, because it isn’t, I am just disappointed that it’s not what was described. So that’s a no go for me.

Anyway, that was the fallback. The car I really wanted was the MY00. I have been trying to get to see this car for 3 weeks, I told the guy I would buy it for his asking price if it was in as good condition as he said, it had the exact spec I was looking for. I was due to see it last weekend but he cancelled on me so I agreed to wait. I almost went all the way to London mid this week after work but it just wasn’t doable so we set a time for 2pm today.

At 12pm, 200miles into my journey down to London from Manchester I get a call. “You haven’t set off yet have you?” Well yes, its BHol weekend and I live 250 miles from you, why?
“I’ve just sold the car”

Let’s just say the conversation at that point wasn’t fantastic fun!

Now I don’t know about you, but when you agree to do something, break an agreed meeting time and reschedule, it’s only good manners to stick with that agreement. The guy wouldn’t wait an hour and half for me to get there to make an offer after putting me off for weeks and me driving 200 miles already. I had a wonderful drive back home, it’s always fun sitting in Bank Holiday traffic on the M1/M6. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Am I wrong to be upset about this? I don’t think so. I haven’t felt so let down and angry for ages.

This now leaves me with no car after this weekend, because I have agreed to sell my sport, at a good price too so I could buy the MY00. I am sticking to my word and selling the car and handing it over when I agreed to, because that’s what people with integrity do, they stick to their word.

I am one seriously pissed off and frustrated individual. I was due to go to Germany the next two weekends, now I can’t!

What can I say except totally and utterly pissed off. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Oh, I now have a migraine after sitting in standing traffic for hours. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Anyone got a car they want to sell me, it better be what you say it is!
Old 01 June 2002, 04:34 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Unhappy

That really pisses me off

The only thing that I would say in the sellers defence he had a buyer with him who had the cash or a possible buyer 200 miles away

I understand your frustration but at least he called

Good luck in your hunt for a new car

Phil
Old 01 June 2002, 04:43 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'd be pissed off as well John!!!! You every right to be hacked off. However as a private deal there aint anything you can do. i do feel for you however.:-(
Old 01 June 2002, 04:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Thats not good John and id feel rather pissed off too if it was me driving all the way down there (hate that trip down south towards london).
Just hope that you find one that is better and hope that it is soon too

Tony
Old 01 June 2002, 04:47 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Unhappy

the possible buyer (me) had already travelled 200 miles, had agreed a time to view and was not told someone else was viewing before him. If i knew the guy had decided to show it to someone else, i would have gone down the night before and been with him first thing in the morning.

The very least i expected was for him to say he had to wait an hour and a half as he had someone already on their way and wanted to give them the option to make an offer, what did he have to lose?

I am really frustrated by this. It's pretty much screwed over my next 3 weeks. Plus i now have no car and the spec i was after isnt that easy to come by.
Old 01 June 2002, 04:48 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Angry

I feel for you mate [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]. When getting scoob no.2 I had thought that I had found a real beauty. I tried my best to see it, but it was never convenient for him. After a week and a half of being arsed about, not being able to see it, not getting emails or phone calls replied to, I managed to get hold of the guy again.
I was supposed to be seeing it later that day and buying there and then, I thought. I asked if we were still on to get the get buying sorted and he told me that he was just handing over the keys to someone!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Some people have ABSOLUTELY NO MANNERS OR DECENCY nowadays. It is getting worse too, unfortunatly.. I mailed 2 people about Skylines too that they were selling, but neither of them responded to brief and perectly polite emails. Grrrrrrr..

Cheers,

Nick
Old 01 June 2002, 05:00 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

When i bought the Evo, i had the same thing, bloke claimed *one* stone chip and other than that it was imacculate.Got there, and the car was dirty, so that made me wary (once bought a dirty golf that had had the rear quarter painted).Off to the jet wash we goes.

Turns out it had a couple of light scrapes on the sills, more than the "one" stone chip, and although its a very nice example, personally i would have described it as been immaculate *apart from* .... still bought the car, but if i haddnt have been buying at Christmas when there was no-others about i`d have waited and looked at a few others first!

You seem to have had a nightmare of it, alot different from me, i bought the car, had it been like the RB5 that you looked at i would have also walked away.

Best of Luck John, bloody tossers! ... i hope he offered to reimburse you your fuel!?
Old 01 June 2002, 05:02 PM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

know the feeling, i went to my dealer to look at a rb5 wr , told it was mint and on a t plate, wife buys me a private plate, T50 RBS, as i really wanted one, went to see the car when i was told it had come in, it turns out to be on a v plate, differnt car, scruffy, 21k on the clock, dinged rear bumper, rear door, front bumper, bonnet, 3 kerbed alloys, 2 bald tyres, filthy inside and out, subaru badge missing off the front, came in part ex against a p1 as i was waiting, could have it for 20k, wifes face was a picture, part ex my mint my97 for this dog, no chance, whilst i was there i took their p1 demo for a test drive, luved it, collected it the next week.
mark
Old 01 June 2002, 05:03 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Guy who lives near me, and posts on here has an RB5 for sale John. He is also very genuine.

If you are interested, I can put you in touch.
Old 01 June 2002, 05:10 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

John,
what spec were you after if you dont mind me asking? A/c etc??

Tony
Old 01 June 2002, 05:15 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I am not so hacked off about the RB5 because that happens when your buying a second hand car, it was a disapointment more than an anoyance. I am not even sure the guy realised his service wasnt full as he bought it from a main dealer with FSSH, or he thought it had FSSH.

I am seriously unhappy about the MY00 though and the way that was handled.
Old 01 June 2002, 05:19 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

bl@@Dy horrid story m8

the reason i got a my01 ppp. course cost a bomb!
but better that me my98 bits.
keeping a look out for my00 for ya, may have a m8 with one, no ppp or special addition but clean, his mrs motor

steve

Old 01 June 2002, 05:22 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I am after something along the lines of an RB5 WRSport or an MY00 with PPP, eibachs and bilstiens. That kind of thing. I might even consider an STiV type RA if it was the right car. I would prefer a nice 240-250BHP UK car due to insurance being higher on an STi but you never know. I cant have an STi Type R as my company has a policy of four door only cars for some bizzare reason?

I test drove a lovely MY99 that was bog standard last weekend but that was a bit too standard for me and a bit pricey for a MY99 IMHO. I dont change my car often so it has to be the right one.
Old 01 June 2002, 05:46 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Angry

That really sucks, what a selfish tosser.

Hope you get sorted asap John.
Old 01 June 2002, 05:49 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

John,

I know exactly what you are going through, i lost out on a few decent cars when i was looking. Although I have ended up with a better one them all of them (IMHO )

Dont let it get you too dishartened!

Ian
Old 01 June 2002, 05:55 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I'd have carried on with the journey just to kick his ***. I drove from Liverpool to Portsmouth to buy my WRX and it turned out to be exactly as described. I took a couple of mates with me just in case it didn't (Only joking Daren, LOL)
Old 01 June 2002, 06:21 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

John YHM
Old 01 June 2002, 06:23 PM
ChrisB

That seriously sucks John. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01 June 2002, 06:25 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thanks Neil, got to be a 4 door unfortunately, otherwise it sounded perfect!
Old 01 June 2002, 06:38 PM
Luke
BANNED

John

Agree, thats not the way people should behave......I ahve sold a few thinks here on Scoobynet and have always been very honest I believe. Also I have bought and found other than one Person("ZZR "still wont pay after nearly 5. months).... Everyone has been gents. "Scotish Menace" I think sold me an Amp.. No worries, just as he promised. I would always give a full refund If they felt I has ripped them off.

Its bang out of order... What about asking them ,that if the car is not as described,they pay your petrol etc.... Might get them thinking.

Luke
Old 01 June 2002, 06:46 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The RB5 isnt really an issue, so i am not too upset there, he was a genuinely decent chap, just a bit over anxious to get the car viewed i think. It's not a bad car at all, just not what i was expecting.

The other chap offered to pay my petrol but i dont want anything to do with him after this. It's a bit like ofering you an elastoplast after slitting your throat. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01 June 2002, 06:49 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Just a thought.

Get a banger and buy either of Dave or Caroline TS's STI's when the facelifted model comes out in September! They'll be fed up of them by then..

I'd be well miffed, I don't know of any other good cars around, except the one I mailed you about. Do you want to go private or would the dealer route be acceptable.

On second thoughts, go for the new STI you know you want to.
Second hand RB5 about 18-19K. New STI import 22-23K. Add up the price of all the mods(suspension 1K, brakes 1.5K, wheels 1K) etc, and the difference is closer than you think. Plus you'd get a 3 year warranty etc etc.

Also my STI's insurance is LOWER than my MY00 with PPP, AP 6 pots etc

[Edited by Neil Smalley - 6/1/2002 6:49:41 PM]

[Edited by Neil Smalley - 6/1/2002 6:50:30 PM]
Old 01 June 2002, 06:53 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Wink

Neil, be quiet, i dont want to spend £22K on anything, even if it does make sense.

Anyway, i am working on Dave and Carolyn adopting me, i should have access to at least one STi a day that way. They do good wine too!!

Quick Reply: Totally pissed off