Sponsored by:

WRX STI 2015 Type UK Boomerang Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2014, 08:49 AM
ScoobatronII
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile WRX STI 2015 Type UK Boomerang Lights

Hi, I hope someone can help. I am looking at buying a new WRX STI and I want to confirm if the boomerang lights you see in the pictures are LED running lights on the UK version. I believe there are two versions out there, a standard and a premium and I think it is only the premium that has the lights as LEDs. Not sure what version of the lights the UK gets and my dealer cant tell me at the moment because he didnt notice and we're waiting for him to get one in stock so we can check. So are there any owners of the new scooby that can confirm. (pictures in low light might be nice :-) )

Also the center display apparently only displays turbo boost pressure, whilst on the US ones this display also shows other info such as MPG etc.

Can any new owners confirm.

Thanks for any help.

Leigh
Old 01 October 2014, 09:14 AM
Mangoletsi Subaru
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ScoobatronII
Hi, I hope someone can help. I am looking at buying a new WRX STI and I want to confirm if the boomerang lights you see in the pictures are LED running lights on the UK version. I believe there are two versions out there, a standard and a premium and I think it is only the premium that has the lights as LEDs. Not sure what version of the lights the UK gets and my dealer cant tell me at the moment because he didnt notice and we're waiting for him to get one in stock so we can check. So are there any owners of the new scooby that can confirm. (pictures in low light might be nice :-) )

Also the center display apparently only displays turbo boost pressure, whilst on the US ones this display also shows other info such as MPG etc.

Can any new owners confirm.

Thanks for any help.

Leigh
The fog lights are used as the daytime running lights, and they come on as soon as you pull off, if you just start the car and leave it still, they don't come on, until you pull off. The headlights are LED, but not daytime running lights.

The centre displays shows Turbo boost pressure, time, audio details, temperature and MPG info

John
Old 01 October 2014, 10:19 AM
ScoobatronII
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Mangoletsi Subaru
The fog lights are used as the daytime running lights, and they come on as soon as you pull off, if you just start the car and leave it still, they don't come on, until you pull off. The headlights are LED, but not daytime running lights.

The centre displays shows Turbo boost pressure, time, audio details, temperature and MPG info

John
Thanks John.
Does the outside part of the main headlight cluster light up? They're somtimes called the boomerang lights or eyelid lights.