Sponsored by:

newbie advice on first scooby

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2014, 01:09 AM
pj16va
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie advice on first scooby

Right guys new on here and soon to be a scooby owner I hope.

I've had a search on here and found that Cheshire performance don't have the best reputation....

One of the cars I was looking at was from them...

my budget is £6500 ish and was hoping to pick up a nice blob eye of some sort...

my questions are...

does anybody know any of the cars in the links below or have any input on them.. (opinions on specs price etc)

Also is there any traders that you guys would recommend using to purchase a scooby from?

I/we are going to be selling or trading in the wife's 61 plate special edition fiesta I've been offered 8k from two garages and £7700 from Cheshire performance.

I'm also happy to buy private if anyone can point me in the right direction of a good honest clean car...

Thanks in advance Paul.

Links to a couple of cars I've seen.

Used 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX WRX TURBO AWD for sale in Birmingham | Pistonheads - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true

Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX for sale in Cheshire | Pistonheads - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true

Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX WRX TURBO for sale in East Yorkshire | Pistonheads - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...xperiment=true
Old 27 August 2014, 01:11 AM
pj16va
Scooby Newbie

Just to note all decals would have to be removed from the last car..
Old 27 August 2014, 01:41 AM
pj16va
Scooby Newbie

Have also seen these on ebay does anyone know either.

Item numbers. .

The silver one seems to good to be true as he has said 4k takes it and I really like the look of the black one even tho its the older model.

any opinions guys?

Thanks

item number.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:53 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul and welcome to SN, hope you enjoy the ride.

You say you've got a budget of £6.5K but are trading/selling an £8K-ish car.
Does that mean you have another use for the £1,500?

Have a look at SN's 'Subaru For Sale' section anyway, probably best port of call, especially if the seller has a good reputation and/or been a member a long time, decent and useful posts etc.

As for preferred or favourite suppliers I think you'll open up a large debate.
Almost all sellers have the occasional 'not satisfied' customer alongside their many satisfied ones (apart from one you've mentioned - intersting that they've offered you the lowest p/x as well).

After all that, feel free to post links to cars that interest you - guaranteed you'll have loads of feedback to help you decide.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:58 AM
pj16va
Scooby Newbie

Hi mate thanks for the reply...

yes afraid so the spare cash and money from my 335 bnw is all going into my new business im affraid.

hopefully worth it in the long run...

I know it's barmy after reading the reports on here about Cheshire performance but I do actually really like the red one they have for sale..

The black one on ebay is also call get out to me as it seems a good genuine add/car.

only seen one on here really that's in my budget and that's a colour I'm not keen on.. (deep red)
Old 27 August 2014, 02:18 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pj16va
Have also seen these on ebay does anyone know either.

Item numbers. .

The silver one seems to good to be true as he has said 4k takes it and I really like the look of the black one even tho its the older model.

any opinions guys?

Thanks

item number.
There is a thread at the moment on a ebay scam, if its to good to be true then it probably is.

Hurst cars seems to be just about the best dealer ive heard about http://www.hurstcars.co.uk/ but it depends on what you're expectations are. If you want a daily with little to no plans of modding then the wrx blob is a nice car, if you want to tune and modify (and think about this because lots do) then it has to be a sti but would need to increase budget for a good one.

You also need to keep in mind that buying from a dealer the cars they sell at you're price range are going to be about 1k more than a private sale. The best of the best dealers will give you you're money back if it goes wrong and most dealers offer warranty but that can be purchased by yourself if warranty is a issue for you.

Personally I think that a lot of the cars that the dealers buy are cheap cars that allow them to mark up but I would prefer a private seller that has priced high (not so much of interest to a dealer) because he has carefully looked after it.
Old 27 August 2014, 02:27 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Hi mate thanks for the reply...

yes afraid so the spare cash and money from my 335 bnw is all going into my new business im affraid.

hopefully worth it in the long run...

I know it's barmy after reading the reports on here about Cheshire performance but I do actually really like the red one they have for sale..

The black one on ebay is also call get out to me as it seems a good genuine add/car.

only seen one on here really that's in my budget and that's a colour I'm not keen on.. (deep red)
Cheshire performance wont go out of there way to buy **** cars, if you see one you like try and find someone that knows about scoobys and take them along, plus when or if I buy from a dealer I ask them to take the price of the warranty off so I get it cheaper and treat it a bit like a private sale, I would rather get a car at a good price and sort any issues myself than pay top dollar and let a dealer sort it should you have any problems (a dealer will try and cut corners if it goes wrong).
Old 27 August 2014, 10:05 AM
pj16va
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys.

Ideally I was looking to pick up a nicely modded wrx and just be happy with it till the new year and then get an sti.

Was hoping to get a really good example of a wrx with a few extras with my budget oppose to a low priced sti which would no doubt have issues.

Any body have any thoughts on the cars above.

Is the red one from Cheshire performance that over priced?

Last edited by pj16va; 27 August 2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 27 August 2014, 10:18 AM
pj16va
Scooby Newbie

Silver one one on ebay is a scam it's the same one mentioned on here.

any thoughts on the others or anybody know of them...

thanks
Old 27 August 2014, 11:24 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

Silver one one on ebay is a scam it's the same one mentioned on here.

any thoughts on the others or anybody know of them...

thanks
The red one from Cheshire Performance looks nice, I'm not to sure what power the wrx box can safely handle so would need to find out before jumping in but as for price, it might be a little expensive but not the end of the world.

With regards to Cheshire Performance, they started a thread on here to address the bad things that were being said, I and a few others thought that they came across very well and professional but sadly alot of members wanted blood and the thread was taken down. Personally I think that they understand good business and how to make money which means they dont want comeback, obviously any car can have issues and its what happens should the worst happen but at least you would stand more of a chance with them than you would private.

WRX or STI, if you do have future plans then the box in a wrx if not already will eventually become a problem, you would also lose money selling the red wrx should you buy it and would need to factor that into buying a sti in a year, it would be cheaper to save and get a sti now but I see you're dilemma.
Old 27 August 2014, 02:18 PM
KaranS94
Scooby Newbie

The red one looks amazing, very rare colour and the car looks mint too. Tastefully modded.
Old 27 August 2014, 02:47 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

£6.5k for a modded WRX with 82k is a lot of money, you could pick an STI with the same milage for that sort of cash and it would handle that power and more with no problems. If that's the sort of thing your looking for may as well get an STI now.
Old 28 August 2014, 02:37 PM
Jayjay100
Scooby Regular

Hi new be. I love the red one but are you just going to get it and drive it or are you going to do mods to it . If u are going to do mods then go for a sti . You will save cash in the long run . As for what chris sed about Cheshire cars . I remember that link & I say the same as him I think they was doing it all for the right reasons . But some did take it the wrong way . If u like the car go for it . I love the red one . Please don't go for the silver one . Or if u do take the stickers off lol. You have a bit if cash to spend so don't rush in ,look around there are lots out there. But I will say this again think about if u want more power and if u are going to play around with the car . If no then get the WRX or a WRX if you are going to play with it the sti all the way .
But that red one it looks nice . Just see if u can get a bit off .
Hope this helps .

Last edited by Jayjay100; 28 August 2014 at 02:39 PM.