Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2014, 06:33 PM
matt_rufus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accident adivice

on the way home
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...psoebk7pwp.jpg

this ****** hit me up the **** while I was stationary in traffic must have been about 10mph maybe a little more but it felt worse
he would not give me any of his details because he couldn't see any damage on my car
he just refused to give me his name so I got a couple of pic of what I could think of at the time

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...psmyigmb8a.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...pszsoyhmm2.jpg

on the way home there was some traffic cops so I stopped and had a word they said check for damage properly and then call his firm or call my insurance and pass what I have which isn't a lot or go to the local police station and fill out a self accident form or something

I did call his firm they cant give me his name due to data protection they just said report it to the police

here the damage to rex
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps44e2mde6.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...psafmxw3k8.jpg

(bottom left on the defuse to the right of the square thing)

so am I ****ed??

is it worth perusing or am I not going to get nowhere and cost my self a lot of money in the long run with my next insurance premium or do I just take the hit and cry every time I clean my car and see the damage???????????????

Last edited by matt_rufus; 18 August 2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 18 August 2014, 06:36 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No pics showing
Old 18 August 2014, 06:37 PM
matt_rufus
Scooby Regular

yeah just noticed that

gimme a second
Old 18 August 2014, 06:41 PM
matt_rufus
Scooby Regular

sorted
Old 18 August 2014, 06:46 PM
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Contact your insurance why should you be out of pocket
Old 18 August 2014, 06:50 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

By law he has to provide details of Insurance to anyone having a reasonable cause to ask for them, which of course you have.

However, if he was in a works van he would have been working and his employer has what is known as vicarious liability ie. it is responsible for anything arising from his actions in the course of his work.

It's therefore the company you have to go after, so send them a letter giving details, include the photo of the driver and advising them that you require details of their insurance and that it's against the law not to provide them.

Any witnesses?
Old 18 August 2014, 06:50 PM
Dockyard
Scooby Regular

By law if he hit u then he has to give u his details!!!
CALL THE POLICE AND REPORT IT PROPERLY!!!
Old 18 August 2014, 06:53 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

PS just realised it's a cab company.
Also warn them nicely that you'll be approaching the Licencing Authority (local council) regarding any failure to comply.

That could be bad news.

I suggest that in view of the small amount of damage they'll gladly cough up and leave it at that.
Old 18 August 2014, 07:34 PM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Go to you doctors for a checkup, then file police report as you should make sure you don't have whiplash

I got whiplash at this speed and I am glad to have claimed as I now how a bad neck

PM if you need a good solicitors- no win no fee no point not claiming
Old 18 August 2014, 07:34 PM
grey_boy
Scooby Regular

Is his name not on his badge round his neck?
Old 18 August 2014, 07:42 PM
matt_rufus
Scooby Regular

his name would have been on his neck badge but he wouldn't stay still so I couldn't catch it

he also had a passenger in the car

I did speak to the firm they wont give me his name due to data protection

if I was to put a claim in with my insurance would my premiums go up
Old 18 August 2014, 07:50 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Cab driver? I suspect you'll hear from your insurers soon with him saying you reversed into him.
Old 18 August 2014, 08:04 PM
matt_rufus
Scooby Regular

doubt it he never took any of my details didn't even ask he was just trying to get out of there
Old 19 August 2014, 11:14 AM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Report it to your insurer. They will get an engineer to examine the impact, there could be damage under the bumper cover.
I cant see the pictures (crappy work filters stop photobucket) but I assume you got a reg? Your insurer can get all the info they need from that and the photos you took proving he was there.
Let them repair your car and they will pursue the costs.

In the course of my job I've seen "minor" impacts cause minor damage and some with £1000's worth of repair.
Old 19 August 2014, 12:14 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Go to the Police and file an accident report with them. Take the car to a Subaru dealer and get them to check it over properly. Make sure you take the damage report to the Police and I would send a copy to the guys company informing them that you would like the work done without going through the Police etc or for them to pay you the amount and you will sort it. If you sort it you should get a little bit of cash for the inconvenience of it all. If they wont do that then take them through the courts
Old 19 August 2014, 12:43 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

If he refused to exchange details this should be relevant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-28658217

Don't let it just drop.
Old 19 August 2014, 01:50 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

One other thing, I notice it's a Private Hire vehicle, not a cab.

This is a business area that is known to be a significant contributor to the Black Economy.

Since you're after as much leverage as possible I'd certainly be making sure that Amber are aware that you're aware of Licencing conditions, that its employee is in breach of the law and so are they, and that you know the respective courses of action.

They really might not want you to go down those roads if you see what I mean.

Also, write down as much detail as possible now, so that your memory can't be called into question if it takes a month or 2 (though I doubt it will - one letter detailing the issues and hopefully an agreeable outcome for you).
Old 19 August 2014, 02:08 PM
Dibbles00
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Cab driver? I suspect you'll hear from your insurers soon with him saying you reversed into him.
Going back a decade+.... This happened to me not once, but TWICE by two different taxi drivers! Luckily both times I had witnesses who witnessed exactly what had happened. Taxi drivers are the worst for this type of stuff!

As mentioned, go to the police to report it along with your picture evidence and then go to see your GP so that it's logged there too.

What ever happens though, expect your premium to go up next year - even through no fault of your own. Good luck and I really hope you get it resolved soon.

Dibs
Old 19 August 2014, 04:03 PM
Slev
Scooby Regular

Go to local police station front office. Fill out an RTC self report form detailing all events and damage etc. Have pictures ready printed so you can hand those in with the form. Get a reference number/ log number from the police so you can get regular updates from them easier. Once this has been generated they have to conduct inquiries as he has left the scene of a collision without providing details.
Old 19 August 2014, 04:26 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Slev
Go to local police station front office. Fill out an RTC self report form detailing all events and damage etc. Have pictures ready printed so you can hand those in with the form. Get a reference number/ log number from the police so you can get regular updates from them easier. Once this has been generated they have to conduct inquiries as he has left the scene of a collision without providing details.
This.
Old 19 August 2014, 06:16 PM
Athame1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Slev
This ^^^
I think it needs to be done with in 24 hours
Old 19 August 2014, 06:20 PM
matt_rufus
Scooby Regular

just flicking through my insurance policy

and I noticed they haven't put my tow bar on under the modification section unless it somewhere else and I'm going blind

this has me worries as that what he has pretty much hit as the tow bar for the hatch replaces the rear bumper beam from the thin bit of mild steel to a girder in comparison which is bolted into the chassis

if this isn't listed on my policy and my bad luck continues policy cancelled and then I'm in a world of ****

and I cant add it on now then ring and say I got smacked up the ****

also I have 400 excess would I have to pay this regardless who's fault?
Old 19 August 2014, 06:43 PM
Nibaru
Scooby Regular

The offences of failing to remain at the scene of a road traffic collision and failing to report a road traffic collision have been committed if he has driven away.
Make a complaint of dangerous or careless driving and the Police aware duty bound to investigate for any criminal offence.
Old 19 August 2014, 06:47 PM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt_rufus

and I noticed they haven't put my tow bar on under the modification section unless it somewhere else and I'm going blind

this has me worries as that what he has pretty much hit as the tow bar for the hatch replaces the rear bumper beam from the thin bit of mild steel to a girder in comparison which is bolted into the chassis

if this isn't listed on my policy and my bad luck continues policy cancelled and then I'm in a world of ****

When you report to your insurer tell them they appear to have missed the towbar from your policy. Get them to check all calls regarding sales and policy set up.
As for your excess, that depends on your insurer, some will waive it (the insurer I work for would waive in these circumstances), some wont and will make you pay it and claim it back from the other insurer.
Old 19 August 2014, 08:21 PM
fawor
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt_rufus

If You bought used car how You can know what mods were done by previous owner,no matter You have tow or not,
You don't know how fast he drove , they've got people to know it.
When You wake up tomorrow and You will feel any pain go to see GP,and claim that ****.
You don't need to contact with his insurer ,enough when You contact with Yours and tell them what happened. He hit You and run away without any details left.
You wouldn't pay anything from excess if was his fault.
Old 19 August 2014, 08:58 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by grey_boy
Go to you doctors for a checkup, then file police report as you should make sure you don't have whiplash

I got whiplash at this speed and I am glad to have claimed as I now how a bad neck

PM if you need a good solicitors- no win no fee no point not claiming
And this ladies and gentlemen is one of the reasons why your premiums are so high. Whiplash and parasitic no win no fee lowlifes.
Old 19 August 2014, 10:36 PM
Slev
Scooby Regular

Don't get hung up on the tow bar! Get the police log and Rtc report generated ASAP! Don't worry about your excess either!
The bottom line is you should not be the one worrying about small print as He hit you and failed to give details before leaving the scene of a Rtc! There is clear damage! It's a horrible situation to be in but go through the process and log everything! It's a ball ache but these people should not be allowed to get away with it! Ps, ask his company if that was a pre booked fare and not a pick up, licence rules and all that, strange that he failed to provide details!!!!
Old 20 August 2014, 12:58 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Is this some sort of experiment ???????????????????????

Op - YOU'VE BEEN CONSISTENTLY ADVISED WHAT ACTION(S) TO TAKE.

So take the advice.
That's why you posted - isn't it ??????
Old 20 August 2014, 09:20 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
One other thing, I notice it's a Private Hire vehicle, not a cab.

This is a business area that is known to be a significant contributor to the Black Economy.
I don't know about the OP but you have confused me with your statement Lucky

I am a Private Hire driver but I'm not black. And not sure you can use it or prove much by it. A Private Hire vehicle/operator can't sit on a Taxi rank but all bookings need to be pre-booked.
Old 20 August 2014, 09:44 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by EOEUMC
I don't know about the OP but you have confused me with your statement Lucky

I am a Private Hire driver but I'm not black. And not sure you can use it or prove much by it. A Private Hire vehicle/operator can't sit on a Taxi rank but all bookings need to be pre-booked.
He's intimating that you don't declare correct earnings and are defrauding the exchequer. Possibly doing flag downs and generally being a ne'er do well.

Quick Reply: accident adivice