Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time greetings from another RB5 newbie

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2002, 03:26 PM
IT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my RB5 since last July, love it to bits and wouldn't part with it for the world. It's totally unmodified bar a nice JVC SH99 head unit I put in last week.

Been off work this week with some fluey bug thing, so much so I've not even had the energy to take it out for a spin :-( , but it has given me chance to get into scoobynet and It's been really uplifting though to read from so many other Scooby owners who obviously love the breed, and know their stuff.

I've had a spare set of rims + tyres since August but havn't yet got it together and gone on a track - I'm hoping Donny in July would be a good time to get into it??

Are there any other folk from my neck of the woods on here and are there any local meets or anything re tracks, rallying, general car events?

Old 30 May 2002, 03:34 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Hello

Glad to hear you like scoobynet. I found it good for all those daft questions you don't want to ask people over the phone when you order something.

Is you RB5 a WR ?

I've done a few bits to my one but want to keep it in standard trim for re-selling. My car is a non WR No.162

Black
Old 30 May 2002, 03:44 PM
RB5Jezza
Scooby Regular

Hello,

I'm new to the Scooby scene too, having just recently purchased a mint RB5, only mods so far are a cat back Magnex, K&N 571 and a Pioneer head unit.

jezza.
Old 30 May 2002, 03:47 PM
IT
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Yes, its a WR. My mate had a standard scooby, but the RB5 offered me everything else it was missing, ie better lights, short shift box, 17" rims, much nicer interior - plus I have a great deal of respect for good ol' Richie Burns, even if he has defected back to Pugot.

With all these benefits, seemed daft not to go one further and get the Wr version - although the high Prodrive spoiler doesn't half block the rear view - you could have plod sat on your bum and never know about it !

Insurance was going to hurt whichever way I went, so getting the wr didn't make much impact (premium was > 3000 either way, if that clears things up !) <ouch>

I've just this morning ordered a car kit for the moby, but will have to source replacement interior parts to drill into for it - so I can stash the originals away safe somewhere.

Ian.
Old 30 May 2002, 03:50 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

IT,
Just a quick observation, watch out how much info you give on the site, h, NY. RB5, IT etc etcthieving scumbags could get a good idea where you live.

Only an observation, however it's nice to know that there's another enthusiastic Scoob owner only 15 miles away from me. What a small world.

Regards Hawkeye

[Edited by hawkeye - 5/30/2002 4:38:58 PM]
Old 30 May 2002, 04:37 PM
IT
Scooby Regular

Hawkeye,

Very small world - at least out 'ere in the countryside we can get us foot down a little and not worry quite so much about traffic as the poor southern guys.

Thanks for the tip - can you thus edit your last message as it does somewhat summarise everything a little too nicely :-)

Old 30 May 2002, 04:40 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Your wish is my command.

My Sti v7 comes on the 8th june maybe we'll see each other around.

Keep in touch

Hawkeye
Old 30 May 2002, 04:46 PM
Blues
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Most car kits can be fitted these days without drilling. My Nokia one was badged up for a Legacy but fits nicely between the glove box and the dash. Much nicer !

Blues.
Old 30 May 2002, 04:57 PM
Scotty Boy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Greetings,

Wow, all these new RB5 owners popping up this week

Great to meet some more - afraid not in your neck of the woods but Hi anyway.

I have the non WR RB5, except that i paid a few pounds extra at the time of purchase to get the Prodrive spoiler.

I have followed Scoobynet for close to a year now and i am really itching for some mods Just taking my time to choose wisely

Scott
Old 30 May 2002, 04:58 PM
IT
Scooby Regular

Blues,

I've never fitted one - I was hoping to avoid drilling, but then I don't want it flapping around either. My driving doesn't allow much consideration for loose items in the car if you get my drift

Get it tommorrow am but the car is away on its service/mot so I've all day to think about it before I go at it like Edward scissorhands :-}

Just spoke to a nice clifford dealer who is going to sort my security out too on Sat, so when this blimmin cold thing goes and I can see straight I can go and enjoy it!!

To fill you in, this car has been parked up the garage since december, so although I've had it, I've not really drivin it much. Thats why it probably sounds like I just got it!
Old 30 May 2002, 05:26 PM
RB5Jezza
Scooby Regular

Talking

Scotty Boy,

How much did you pay for your Prodrive spoiler as mine is none WR too and I fancy the highlevel spoiler ?

Cheers
Jezza
Old 31 May 2002, 01:26 PM
Blues
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

IT,

Phone holder fit very snugly as it's design 'holds' it in place between the glovebox and dashboard, kinda pushes against itself. Mine was fitted through work and all I asked for was no drilling. Might be worth an ask before you buy.

Blues.
Old 31 May 2002, 01:34 PM
RB5220
Scooby Regular

RB5's everywhere!! Its great!!

Glad to see everyone. Maybe we should start a RB5 Owners Club. The P1 owners have got one, why can't we?

Also, I have a Nokia car kit fitted, without drilling, the bracket that you can get for them does the job perfectly. You can get brackets from www.dashmount.co.uk, and they also sell better leads that allow you to use your stereo speakers instead of fitting that crap speaker that comes with it.

Rich
Old 31 May 2002, 01:49 PM
turb0s
Scooby Regular

yo, i've had my RB5 for 2 weeks now and loving ev second in it.

i drive to/from work in it but seem to cruise @ 60mph on the m/way as it just feel so great @ any speed. i have this tendancy though, to squeeze the throttle and release it just here that turbo spin up and the wastegate chatter.

mine is 286, non ppp, wanted to get experience in the standard form b4 upgrade to the ppp. the dealer had a Pro drived one also and i have to say:::::"I WANT THAT BOOT SPOILER"

i test drove the new uk300 and was more impressed with the RB5.

£3000 for insurance, jesus!!!

i thought £900 was high, i went with Tesco and had rac TRACKSTAR fitted.

my wife loves the feeling of owning a car that is a very limited edition. oh and she wants the sound system sorted as, i have to admit, aint that great!!!
Old 31 May 2002, 02:20 PM
IT
Scooby Regular

Smile

Any one got any photos of these snug fits for moby holders?

My kit arrived this morning - pretty impressed, 106 notes delivered next day to my door for genuine Nokia kit + aerial.

Is it possible to fit drill-less with the brackets that come with it, or do I need something else?

I'll check out the interfacing to speakers too - I have a JVC SH99 which will mute for calls, and also has more line inputs that you can shake a stick at but doesn't seem any way to get it to switch to the line inputs on receiving a call, which would have been cool :-(

I guess third party gadgets will sit between the stereo and speakers and switch to phone for you? - Maybe they come with nice Iso connectors too so no nasty wiring to hack... I'll check out the sites.

Old 31 May 2002, 02:39 PM
IT
Scooby Regular

Cool

ok, checked out the site - very impressed. Ordered bracket + leads they'll be here tomorrow.

.... i used to have money before I found this site ....

Old 31 May 2002, 04:16 PM
Blues
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

IT,

Sorry ... Don't have a digital camera to hand. May be able to get a piccy next week once I'm back in work. Will post then if I can. If it's any help I had a 'drilled' kit in my last car and that used to get knocked around by passengers legs which made it a little wobbly. No probs yet with the current one and it's been in over a year. I can also remove it in about 5 secs if required and thats been useful to remove the stereo when my phonos came unplugged.

Blues.
Old 31 May 2002, 10:20 PM
RB5 243
Scooby Newbie

hi there fellow rb5 owners i have a wr sport with all the bits inc prodrive colour coded wheels and high level prodrive spoiler just extended the warranty for two more years love it to bits had it on the rolling road at weell lane kicks out 270 bhp and 260 lbft torque (ace)
Old 01 June 2002, 06:42 PM
IT
Scooby Regular

Blues,

Fitted the car kit + phone holder you recomended today from dashmount - piece of cake, well smart fit. Very impressed. Also loved the speaker wiring kit too, saved me hours of splicing wires around and mouting nokia speakers - best 30 quid I've spent for yonks. Thanks for the tip.

IT.
Old 01 June 2002, 06:56 PM
Scotty Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Jezza,

When i bought the car i got a 'deal' of £500 sprayed and fitted for the genuine Prodrive WR spoiler. I have no idea whether this was a good price but i was happy to pay it at the time !!