Sponsored by:

Watch out in Bradford - theiving b******ds

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2001, 08:45 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

After reading numerous threads about Scoobs being stolen, it looks like mine is the next target

A week last Wednesday my girlfriends old Astra was stolen from the road outside our house betwen 8:30 and 9:30 at night. This was bad enough, but about 2am this morning some to$$er put a brick through our front door and stole my house keys. Luckily my car keys were not on the same ring, and nothing else was taken.

All the locks have now been changed and the house is secure again, and I've double-checked the alarm too. I've got to say though, if this happens again I'm going to have to sell the car - it's fun, but it's not worth this stress.

Steve

PS Chatting to the policeman who visited this morning, it looks like Tracker is a waste of time in West Yorkshire, unless the chopper is out. Get a decent satellite-based system instead if you have Tracker!

PPS The Astra was a dk blue 1.4 Merit 5-door, reg J29JPX. If you see it, we're not that bothered about getting it back, but I would like to visit those responsible for its disapperance ...

[This message has been edited by millband (edited 05 May 2001).]
Old 06 May 2001, 12:34 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by BOB.T:
<B>That's bad news Steve

If you find who did it and want a hand , let me know, I'd love to meet a car thief!

Bob[/quote]

And me
Old 06 May 2001, 11:08 AM
millband
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well, survived last night OK, but I am *so* paranoid now. Hopefully the feeling will wear off over the next few days

S
Old 06 May 2001, 11:10 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to hear that they have targeted your car, the only reccommendation i can make is that you get an anti hijack system fitted to your car, thus even with the keys they wont get far and the alarm on mine aint half loud when connected with the horn
But as far as trackers go ive always said that GPS is the better system.......

Tony
Old 06 May 2001, 11:30 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

That's bad news Steve

If you find who did it and want a hand , let me know, I'd love to meet a car thief!

Bob
Old 06 May 2001, 01:52 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for the support guys - just getting some sympathy makes me feel better

Had a cruise of the local estates yesterday just to see if the Astra was anywhere obvious, but no luck. Not sure what the chances are of actually finding the car thief(s), but I'll be sure to visit mob handed if I ever do!

Tony - agree 100% re GPS, just had it confirmed from the "horses mouth" now so to speak

Cheers,

Steve

Old 06 May 2001, 02:49 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

I'll keep an eye out as I work in Bradford, and spend a lot of time driving around West Yorkshire. I lived in Allerton for 2 years and my old astra was always being broken into. Never managed to catch the scum bags Maybe just as well, I'd probably get sent down for GBH on a minor Don't sell the scoob, they'll go after whatever you've got. My ex's 1.2 Nova got nicked 3 times in a year, so they're not choosy.

Best of luck m8

Charlie H

Trending Topics

Old 07 May 2001, 12:51 AM
millband
Scooby Regular

Cool

LOL @ Gerg2 - what a top story!

Still got my baby, just making sure I appreciate it now. To be honest, after the failed attempt (a neighbour even found my house keys in a hedge yesterday and returned them ) hopefully they won't bother again.

S
Old 07 May 2001, 05:25 AM
Gerg2
Scooby Regular

Angry

The Ba5tards!!!!

A friend of mine years ago heard that his hotted up Monaro was on the hit list to be nicked. He had no offstreet parking and the car obviously had no modern day security system.

After hearing his car was being stalked and after hours of thinking what to do, he went and purchased a fairly large tin of white house paint, drilled a small hole in the bottom (about 1/8th inch or so) and cover the hole with a bit of gaffa tape. He secured some robust string to the gaffa (by threading it through a couple of holes in the tape) and then tied the other end of the string to a spoke on his jellybean mags (all the go on those cars over here ).

Needless to say the car got stolen one night....so he (and a few large friends) all followed a thin line of paint shorly afterwards to a shed in an industrial estate about ten kilometres away. He got the car back and the thieves were sorted out (were they ever...there was a few stolen cars located there) and the rest is history.

PS He wrote the car off two months later