Sponsored by:

Newby in West Sussex

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2014, 01:32 PM
Creditz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby in West Sussex

Hi guys and gals, ive been a frequent visitor on the forum for a while now and figured its about time i registered and introduced myself.

Go by the name of 'Creditz', 21 years old from West Sussex. Im a precision Engineer, started out as an apprentice and worked through the ranks, currently in my final year studying two HND's in manufacturing and mechanical Engineering. Currently working in the automotive industry using CNC machinery manufacturing components for the likes of Bentley, Aston Martin, Mercedes AMG, BMW, McClaren, Porsche and so on. I try to spend as much time as i can in tool making on the manual machines as that is where my skills lie and i feel much more satisfied with the finished product. Once i complete my HND's my dream is to get into machining custom components for cars, Id love to be machining my own custom engine blocks, heads, shafts etc. I have no background in mechanics, only engineering but its always been something ive had a keen interested in and picked up a fair few skills here and there and want to push myself further down the route.

I've been a fan of Impreza's from the age of 4 when i got my first Radio Controlled impreza rally car and never looked back, i was fixated as a kid with the WRC and always backed the scoobies. Its been my dream to own a classic impreza since i can remember and now the dream has become a reality.

I entered the scooby world with a 1995 Uk spec with a fair few mods, had to wait til i was 21 to be able to get insured then not long after she decided to spin a bearing on the crank.

Ive recently placed a deposit on a Catalunya edition number 102, and will have her in my workshop in 4 weeks time cant wait to get tinkering and see what i can make of her, as i said before my background in mechanics is minimal, so i will be looking to the forums and researching the web to hopefully find the information i require.

ill be starting a projects thread at some point and will get some pics uploaded when i get the chance to.

looking forward to meeting some new people and seeing what the scoobyworld has to offer me.
Old 12 May 2014, 01:48 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Pop over mate I'm in Crawley. In the next week or so I'll be doing an engine change if you fancied getting your hands dirty.
Old 12 May 2014, 02:21 PM
Creditz
Scooby Newbie

yea that will be good mate, will have to see what my work commitments are but if im available il pop over, great opportunity to learn.
Old 12 May 2014, 02:37 PM
Pigman149
Scooby Regular

Was a tool maker myself in Horsham a few years ago.stll wish I did it some times as I could machine my own stuff
Old 12 May 2014, 05:00 PM
Reef
Scooby Regular

Welcome, I'll keep my eye's open for you, I always wave
Old 12 May 2014, 05:15 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Welcome.
I used to deliver stuff to a company in Burgess Hill called HPC that manufacture stuff for Aston Martin, AMG etc, not where you work is it?
Old 12 May 2014, 05:27 PM
Creditz
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
Welcome.
I used to deliver stuff to a company in Burgess Hill called HPC that manufacture stuff for Aston Martin, AMG etc, not where you work is it?
10 points to you sir, that is exactly where i work

Trending Topics

Old 12 May 2014, 05:29 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Is that HPC that has several different units on the Victoria Industrial estate? If so, I used to deliver to them also when I worked for TNT.
Old 12 May 2014, 05:35 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Yes
Old 12 May 2014, 05:51 PM
Creditz
Scooby Newbie

yea thats right mate, got 6 different units in the victoria industrial estate. I work in the main machine shop, the big white building on the corner thats impossible to miss lol.
Old 12 May 2014, 06:06 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

To be honest I delivered to you guys for a while not having the faintest idea what you did, until I asked one of the guys in the unit that I delivered to and he told me you make cf propshafts for AMG and Aston etc, along with a lot of other stuff like special tables for nhs for use on cancer patients and presumably a lot of other non car based stuff?
Old 12 May 2014, 07:35 PM
Creditz
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
To be honest I delivered to you guys for a while not having the faintest idea what you did, until I asked one of the guys in the unit that I delivered to and he told me you make cf propshafts for AMG and Aston etc, along with a lot of other stuff like special tables for nhs for use on cancer patients and presumably a lot of other non car based stuff?
your not wrong mate. We machine torque tubes for Aston and AMG mercs, assemble them with the CF propshaft and ceramic bearing assembly then ship them out as a unit ready to go straight into the car. All of the interior components for Astons, the center console, gear shift surround, cup holders and all the other shiny goodies are all manufactured and assembled then sent to Aston. Forged conrods for Bentley continentals, fueling systems for majority of modern diesel engines, power steering systems for majority of commercial cars and loads of other little bits and bobs. The NHS tables we manufacture are for a company called Varian, there special tables with extremely fine movement in all directions used for treating cancer patients all over the world. We've also got the Aerospace side of things, we manufacture the Ejector seat systems used in almost all fighter jets from aero grade alluminium machined to tolerences of +/-0.003mm.

I was lucky enough to be able to work on a prototype Magnesium torque tube setup that is now being used in the Williams F1 cars and also the machining of a custom drive setup for the prototype Jag C-X75 890bhp monster. Do get to see some pretty special components where i work, and i get to meet and work alongside the engineers from said customers, Been trying to blag a trip up to Aston Martin for ages but unfortunately they werent having any of it, worth a shot though lol
Old 12 May 2014, 09:00 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

Lots of locals in here. I live about 10 minutes walk from your office in B.Hill

Get over to www.southeastscoobies.co.uk - more local members and meets than on here.
Old 12 May 2014, 09:02 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Creditz
your not wrong mate. We machine torque tubes for Aston and AMG mercs, assemble them with the CF propshaft and ceramic bearing assembly then ship them out as a unit ready to go straight into the car. All of the interior components for Astons, the center console, gear shift surround, cup holders and all the other shiny goodies are all manufactured and assembled then sent to Aston. Forged conrods for Bentley continentals, fueling systems for majority of modern diesel engines, power steering systems for majority of commercial cars and loads of other little bits and bobs. The NHS tables we manufacture are for a company called Varian, there special tables with extremely fine movement in all directions used for treating cancer patients all over the world. We've also got the Aerospace side of things, we manufacture the Ejector seat systems used in almost all fighter jets from aero grade alluminium machined to tolerences of +/-0.003mm.

I was lucky enough to be able to work on a prototype Magnesium torque tube setup that is now being used in the Williams F1 cars and also the machining of a custom drive setup for the prototype Jag C-X75 890bhp monster. Do get to see some pretty special components where i work, and i get to meet and work alongside the engineers from said customers, Been trying to blag a trip up to Aston Martin for ages but unfortunately they werent having any of it, worth a shot though lol
Sounds pretty cool stuff, driven past hundreds of times and didn't have a clue what they did!
Old 13 May 2014, 08:32 AM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP
Sounds pretty cool stuff, driven past hundreds of times and didn't have a clue what they did!
went in there hundreds of times and didn't have a clue what they did!

Originally Posted by Pigman149
Was a tool maker myself in Horsham a few years ago.stll wish I did it some times as I could machine my own stuff
Where abouts? Quite a few tooling companies around where our office was based in Blatchford close, used to pick stuff up and do quite a few deliveries for a lot of the horsham based companies.
Old 13 May 2014, 11:16 AM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome! I'm from worthing in a black blob eye STI so give us a wave if you come by!