Sponsored by:

Nankang Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2014, 05:29 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nankang Tyres

Reading up on thread in the wheels and tyre section an these are being discussed

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details...edium#58709494

Anyone using?
Old 26 April 2014, 05:32 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

I haven't used them but some of the guys on cliosport have and really rate them. I'd try them if I needed new shoes.
Old 26 April 2014, 05:44 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Wonder how stiff the side walls are? Currently got Goodyear F1's ass2 but find the walls soft, grip is good just don't like the bounce and flex
Old 26 April 2014, 05:58 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

I guess tyre technology moves on, like everything else. Nankang tyres used to be ditch-finders, they have obviously changed...
Old 26 April 2014, 06:02 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the old NS2's still will put you quite happily in a ditch, but a few companies such as Nankang, Khumo and Federal have found a spot in the market for good value track day tyres.

Budgie and Maggy both use the Nankangs and rate them well, clearly not the same as Yokohamas but for 40% of the cost they're not 40% of the performance. I've also heard good reports on the Federal RSR595 track day tyres but Maggy doesn't sell them so my next set of boots will be the Nankangs
Old 26 April 2014, 06:22 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I've had a set of the 120 compound NS2R tyres for a month or so now, I'm very impressed with them although I'm yet to give them a proper workout so far they grip very well, steering feedback has improved, the ride isn't bouncy like the continental sport contacts they have replaced... Road noise on rough surfaces has increased slightly; I get a noise similar to a worn out wheel bearing on rough surfaces but it is not as intrusive.

I've got a set of F1 Assymetric 2s on the daily driver; the sidewalls on the nankangs seem much stiffer...
Old 26 April 2014, 07:01 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I have a full set of Nankang tyres, and there really good, would recommend them, not stupid more, and better than some of the top makes out there
Old 26 April 2014, 07:36 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Then why not join the thread that's being discussed on them?
Old 27 April 2014, 07:20 AM
Tyre-fitter
Scooby Regular

Keep checking the inner walls on these Nankangs,when they have done a few 000 miles they seem to start cracking,ive had a few customers in with these tyres & they look alright from the outside but on further inspection the inner wall have started to crack.
After all nankangs are only a budget tyre not a mid range like some tyre companys say.

Andy.
Old 27 April 2014, 07:55 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyre-fitter
Keep checking the inner walls on these Nankangs,when they have done a few 000 miles they seem to start cracking,ive had a few customers in with these tyres & they look alright from the outside but on further inspection the inner wall have started to crack.
After all nankangs are only a budget tyre not a mid range like some tyre companys say.

Andy.
To my knowledge and experience All tyres crack eventually,they are rubber after all,and normal things like weather,road salts,temperature,use,age etc..will effect rubber.But visual checks should always be carried out as part of your weekly car maintenance checks including tyre depth air pressures etc...I started the original thread about the Nankangs NS-2R 180 compound tyres and how good I thought that they performed for a supposedly budget tyre,after using and driving cars with YOKO AD08R for a while now I made the decision to purchase another set for my project,but there far from cheap,and with the price of two I could of bought four Nankangs NS-2R tyres,which after driving my mates car who had them fitted,I found them to perform very good,and worth a purchase next time.SJ.
Old 27 April 2014, 08:01 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

I will give a constant update on the original thread I have asked my mate to give me updates every once and awhile to keep me informed with how the tyres are holding up,and his car Is a perfect test subject as he is running a 2.1 fully forged engine being feed by a GT30 billet turbo with 500+ bhp to boot.SJ.
Old 27 April 2014, 08:19 AM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Great tyres, I used them all last year on my track car and they were superb. Easy to get up to temps but can go off a bit quicker than 888's. The tread outlasts the toyo's by miles though. They are much better than 888's in the wet also.
I now have 2 sets and will be testing them with more power this year.
Old 27 April 2014, 08:31 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Budgie
Great tyres, I used them all last year on my track car and they were superb. Easy to get up to temps but can go off a bit quicker than 888's. The tread outlasts the toyo's by miles though. They are much better than 888's in the wet also.
I now have 2 sets and will be testing them with more power this year.
Nice one BudgieI just thought that I would start the original thread up as when I try something new that really surprises me I like to past that information on to my fellow members who may be abit apprehensive about trying the unknown,and just to give them some reassurance that a purchase of these tyres would be money well spent and that there quality is far from ditchfinders.SJ.
Old 27 April 2014, 08:41 AM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Did not intent to distract from the original thread, from reading thought posing in the "General" section may push to larger audience.
Any updates from me will be on the original thread.

Link to original thread:

https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...ang-ns-2r.html

Last edited by Inviroman; 27 April 2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 27 April 2014, 08:50 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Inviroman
Did not intent to distract from the original thread, from reading thought posing in the "General" section may push to larger audience.
Any updates from me will be on the original thread.

Link to original thread:

https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...ang-ns-2r.html
No worries mate thanks I just wanted to give are members a heads up,as using the best tyres will always be paramount with cars especially when they can be bought for a very reasonable price,and the so called budget nature of the brand seems to put people off,So after driving with them I thought that I would start a thread to discuss my findings.SJ.
Old 29 April 2014, 09:32 PM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are awesome tyres. I fitted a full set to my E46 330CD and they were absolutely fantastic. Couldn't believe how good for the money.
Old 29 April 2014, 10:00 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Nice one BudgieI just thought that I would start the original thread up as when I try something new that really surprises me I like to past that information on to my fellow members who may be abit apprehensive about trying the unknown,and just to give them some reassurance that a purchase of these tyres would be money well spent and that there quality is far from ditchfinders.SJ.
Just fitted a set of these on my new 640bhp track toy and look forward to testing them soon. Big thanks to Maggs at Ruislip Tyres for there service