Caged GF8 wagon -> from New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2013, 04:50 AM
funkytown
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caged GF8 wagon -> from New Zealand

hello UK,

Im from Clubsub out in NZ, formerly the vice president and now just a senior member.

anywho i run a ej22 2.2l wagon, MY97 JDM wrx sti v-limited wagon to be specific its caged and does circuit stuff.

has a gtx3076 strapped onboard with a vast amount of suspension geometry modifications and has full My05 sti 6speed dccd box and running gear installed.

looks about like this:

and this

and this

and has one of these

anyway,

ive heard some folk out in the UK like things like this: i have in my pocession a JDM 240km/h factory speedo from a MY95 STI RA (dccd). would there be such interest out in the UK for it? sorry im struggling to work out where to list / show it. im not a serial seller but its a unique piece of kit

Last edited by funkytown; 03 September 2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03 September 2013, 09:42 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Personally like how it looks,like rear wing

We are thinking about the something similar on our wagon,but really not sure how it looks,but right now on yours this looks just awesome

What power you are running?

Jura
Old 03 September 2013, 09:51 PM
funkytown
Scooby Newbie

hey Jura,

runs about 500hp (motor) or 321wheel kw. we push about 24psi through it on 98octance, best we can get out here in nz at the pump.

has factory as factory can be my97 sti heads bolted to ej22 cdb.

haha the wing thing - certainly gets a lot of attention out here, some good some bad. I designed the uprights for it myself and had it waterjetted and is all adjustable, you cant tell from the photos just it has razor wire stays onto the rear glass in each top corner.
Special anchors are expoxied onto the glass.

Note i have done a roof rack removal and installed an RA roof scoop as well. doing that is kinda mandatory with the rear wing to give the roof line the right look / profile i believe.

It has brembo front and rear, with late model GD subframes front and rear. Runs a v2 sti ra rear end which is still 3.9 like a 6 speed expects but is only r160.. has seemed to hold up ok to date but has been making some strange noises of late.

we run separated water supply for the turbo and a few other improvements to keep temps in check.

its a real hoot to drive.
Old 03 September 2013, 10:02 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

i like..
Old 03 September 2013, 10:03 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by funkytown
hey Jura,

runs about 500hp (motor) or 321wheel kw. we push about 24psi through it on 98octance, best we can get out here in nz at the pump.

has factory as factory can be my97 sti heads bolted to ej22 cdb.

haha the wing thing - certainly gets a lot of attention out here, some good some bad. I designed the uprights for it myself and had it waterjetted and is all adjustable, you cant tell from the photos just it has razor wire stays onto the rear glass in each top corner.
Special anchors are expoxied onto the glass.

Note i have done a roof rack removal and installed an RA roof scoop as well. doing that is kinda mandatory with the rear wing to give the roof line the right look / profile i believe.

It has brembo front and rear, with late model GD subframes front and rear. Runs a v2 sti ra rear end which is still 3.9 like a 6 speed expects but is only r160.. has seemed to hold up ok to date but has been making some strange noises of late.

we run separated water supply for the turbo and a few other improvements to keep temps in check.

its a real hoot to drive.

Hi there

500bhp on yours should be fun to drive in lightweight classic,as we are have New age wagon,which has run on previous setup 490bhp(2.1L OBD with AVCS) has been awesome to drive on track or drag strip

About the rear wing,I like how it looks and really I'm decided we are going too,seen yours and really thinking about this more and more

On drag strip wagon don't need to run any kind of the wing,but on track,really we are feel mainly at rear car doesn't have enough downforce

RA Roof vent we have too and really is great investment and on yours looks just good

Here is our wagon

Jura
Old 04 September 2013, 04:03 AM
funkytown
Scooby Newbie

cool concept Jura, looks WAY to pretty for the track / strip :P

i think the way you guys measure bhp and ours are slightly different but the same - yup in the lighter GF chassis is boogies. very very easy to light up all four hehe

one of my fav pics

heres how we set up the wire stays, they really are required on the wagon boot as the horizontal plane relative to the mounts is very short

and this was pre cage at a local event

Last edited by funkytown; 04 September 2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 10 September 2013, 12:20 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

nasty light dude but otherwise a thing of beauty...what wing, I can hardly see it
Old 10 September 2013, 10:28 PM
crookedvulture
BANNED

Default NZ

Lovin your wagon mate,mine is similar but not quite as wild.
Where about you based? My sister lives 300 meters from Manfield circuit in Fielding,been over there a few times.Best roads in the world
Old 11 September 2013, 08:25 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

nice bit of kit
Old 04 November 2013, 12:11 AM
s100bey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
nice bit of kit
Now this is our kind of machine eh Maggsenius!!

Jura- good to see our friends underneath take high speed loadcarrying as seriously as we do