Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

Sleeper Project

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2013, 01:16 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleeper Project

I like to try and plan a couple of years ahead with the car and Im almost at the end of my current project, so Im looking at the next 2 to 3 years before I actually start this, but I want to have an idea so I can keep my eyes peeled for some bargains.

Im looking for a sleeper. Initially, I thought a Lada. They've had some stick in the past and getting hold of a good body shell would be my first priority but before I even go looking I want to know

Will any of the scooby engines fit into a Lada?
If not, what Cars without major body changes can accept a scooby engine.

I virtually everything gets changed over - but Im thinking of getting a w@nked out lada, dropping the engine, box and getting the insides of scoob into one.

I know it will be costly (I will pay someone else to build it), but at the moment, Im just running the idea through my head.

Any comments to point me in the direction of previous conversions would be really appreciated. I did see a mini project with a scoob engine getting fitted some years back on here but I cant find the thread to see how successful they got with it.

Ta
Old 30 May 2013, 07:14 AM
c.lyra
Scooby Newbie

Here is the mini:
https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/784246-project-minipreza.html
Old 30 May 2013, 10:19 AM
c.lyra
Scooby Newbie

Here is a fiesta build:
https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/852979-fiesti-mk1-fiesta-subaru-sti.html

I hope you get some inspiration for you own project.... Just be sure to keep us updated:-)
Old 30 May 2013, 01:57 PM
averyp2
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd love to do an oldskool beetle with a 2.0 turbo engine.

2.0 n/a Impreza versions have been done quite a bit as they are a lot easier to fit/cool.
Old 30 May 2013, 02:20 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

If your going to the legths of a floor pan transplant (and with the flat4 awd configuration thats really the only way to go, how about a tatty old brat?

People have fitted turbo engines into the existing shells, but then you end up with the brat suspension/brakes etc and its not the best!

A floor pan transplant into one wouldnt be rocket science and could see sub 1000kg.

Paint on some rust, stick a fake pile of sand or a fake pile of bails in the back with a stuffed collie dog and youd have the ultimate sleeper.
Old 03 June 2013, 05:43 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legacy_gtb
If your going to the legths of a floor pan transplant (and with the flat4 awd configuration thats really the only way to go, how about a tatty old brat?

People have fitted turbo engines into the existing shells, but then you end up with the brat suspension/brakes etc and its not the best!

A floor pan transplant into one wouldnt be rocket science and could see sub 1000kg.

Paint on some rust, stick a fake pile of sand or a fake pile of bails in the back with a stuffed collie dog and youd have the ultimate sleeper.
I like the sound of that. Time for some research Thanks guys, appreciate the time taken to comment
Old 03 June 2013, 12:34 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lada with Subaru engine get my vote,seen Lada with RB26DETT,which is not looking like sleeper,here is few pictures

Similar friend has building but is it Skoda 110R with EVO engine,hopefully will be build in few months

Jura