Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

Yes, another P1.....

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2012, 01:33 PM
allsop83
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, another P1.....

Well the P1 is close to heading in for a bit of a refresh, got spackled over the front with a bad load of rocks and **** from a friendly truck so that was the final straw (one of them even smashed the sidelight!! )

On the cards is:

Front End Respray
Brush over the lower sides
Respray the rear bumper (got a slight nick from long ago)
Stainless Steel Engine Bolt kit fitted
Re-underseal
Godspeed refurbed Prodrive Alcons and rear 2 pots in the same colour
(it has been mentioned I should anodise the bells whilst I am at it )
Full detailing and cleaning done etc

Also going to look to change out any other rooshty looking bits and bobs as I go (mostly fixtures and fittings) and possibly will get the IM done in red again to bring it out a bit......depending if I feel it needs it or not!

Anything else I should be thinking about whilst I am going to these lengths?

I have been giving thought to the rear arch rubber things- I know they are buggers for holding cr@p in there but I have had no issues and they are still on....

.....now, do I remove, clean up then waxoyl the length of the arch and then refit a new set of strips?

Also planning to get the body shop to re-laquer the top of the carbon strip on the spoiler, the top is a bit matt looking compared to the underneath!

One thing that has been really bugging me is a problem with my seats.....

I have had the Scoobyworld STI seat covers/protectors on for a couple of years now and took them off at the weekend to go over the seats with some alcantara cleaner (realistically they have only been on for a couple of thousand miles!) and ran into a problem:

There was slight wrinkling on the lower cushion to the right of where your right leg is

It is not "that" bad but still annoying...it's not even coming away from the padding but just looks a darker shade where it has been folded over a bit.

Is there anyway that this can be sorted out? I was thinking maybe a steam might sort it out?

Obviously sitting in the seat with seat covers on pulls in the sides of the cushions and rolls them in so the covers will NOT be going back on, I would urge anyone using them to have a look under and see if yours is doing the same.

More on that if it manages to sort itself out.....
Old 23 August 2012, 01:19 PM
Steve Subaru Parts
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I just save a p1 from the scrape yard my self hop to see some pick soon I have a cupel of classics shells if you kneed a panel cutting off good look steve
Old 01 September 2012, 02:07 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some pics up Chris