Notices
Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

2009 fully custom scooby (need help)

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2010, 11:01 AM
james k1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 fully custom scooby (need help)

hi guys
i have recently got hold of a 2009 subaru sti shell which i want to build up from scratch, im getting a donor car soon which is a cat d which has every thing except the engine and tranny.

firstly i need to buy an engine but i am not to sure which one to go for i have seen some engines from jun, cosworth and hks but dose any one know the out puts of these engines, i also wanted to know which one of the engines would put up with the most hp as i am looking around the 800 bhp mark
(also any other recommend engine)

also i wanted to know if any one knows where i can get a complete performance tranny from that will put up with all that hp

and dose any one know of any other companies apart from sieabon and vis that sell oem and visual carbon fiber body panels as the shell is just a shell with no panels on it

also i am trying to make the subaru as light as possible whist still be functional (it is going to have a complete interior) so dose any one know of any good tips for shaving of the pounds

also can u recommend any good websites that sell performance parts

thanks guys
(will post some images soon)
Old 14 July 2010, 01:52 PM
wilde1
Scooby Newbie

Iv read that Jolly Green Monster on here supplies carbon door cards.Ha not exactly body pannels but suppose its a start on the carbon fetish.

Shedding the lbs, alot of people when starting a project remove all sound deadening. Upvc window cleaner to get rid of the sticky stuff too .

Engines and boxes. . . . . . . . 800bhp??? hmm thats rather alot!
Old 14 July 2010, 02:27 PM
james k1
Scooby Newbie

Hi there m8 thanks for the help about the 800hp I ment to put 600 must have been geting a bit to enfusiastic I'm only going for 600 because I want reliability as well and I don't want an engine that is going to need rebuilding every 5 minits thanks for the help btw I'm looking to get the car sprayed after words to a Matt black so the only reason I am wanting carbon finer body panels is to increase the power to weight thanks for the help thow
Old 14 July 2010, 04:13 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Can I suggest you have a read of this thread before you start http://bbs.22b.com/cgi-bin/ultimateb...1;t=005745;p=1 ... as nothing is certain above 500bhp.
You also need to have a serious look at the budget you have available to do this build ... as it is likely to cost a whole lot more than you originally think.