Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

Project 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2009, 10:50 PM
ben wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project 2.1

Hi, Just thought I start this thread and include some feedback after the build.

It all started when I lost a bearing on my standard V5 Sti engine running just over 300Bhp. I knew the standard internals were weak so decided it was time for a forged engine.

After a bit of seaching I decided the way forward was build a 2.1 stroker engine. I posted in the wanted section and luckily enough I was PM'ed later that day. I was able to buy the whole kit at a reasonable price which included a machined closed deck block.

I dropped the car off at Xtreme scoobies and left them to build my new engine. Later the next week I received an Email from knowlesy stating that the block had been machined incorrecting and was useless. After contacting the SN member it was agreed that a refund was to be made ( a true honest genuine SN Member).

So after I received my money back I took a visit to Mark @ lateral performance who sorted me out with a new block and all associated parts

Xtreme scoobies should receive the new parts and block by Wednesday ready to complete the build. Once completed and run in, Paul @ Zen will begin the mapping.

I will update this thread as progression is continues

Out of interest if anyone has already had a 2.1 stroker conversion, how much difference does the 2.1 feel compared to the 2.0?

Cheers Ben

PS a couple of pics of my car.

Old 20 July 2009, 08:31 PM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....

Originally Posted by ben wrx
Out of interest if anyone has already had a 2.1 stroker conversion, how much difference does the 2.1 feel compared to the 2.0?

Cheers Ben

Ben -

Nice pics. Get in touch with K8lla who recently had a 2.1 coversion carried out. Here's his thread -

https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-e...pe-r-back.html
Old 20 July 2009, 08:38 PM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

As mentioned above, Im running a enginetuner built 2.1 stroker in a CDB with Lateral Internals, the difference is outstanding, on a measley little 18g its putting out 411BHP and close to 400lbsft of torque!, spool up is outstanding - it feels like a 2.5 on the road, just in the process of sorting out a ppg box before a big turbo is bolted on You will not be disappointed
Old 20 July 2009, 09:24 PM
ben wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by K18LLR
As mentioned above, Im running a enginetuner built 2.1 stroker in a CDB with Lateral Internals, the difference is outstanding, on a measley little 18g its putting out 411BHP and close to 400lbsft of torque!, spool up is outstanding - it feels like a 2.5 on the road, just in the process of sorting out a ppg box before a big turbo is bolted on You will not be disappointed
Sounds good

Ive heard that the drivability is greatly improved with the extra low down torque. Im only running a VF35 so bhp wont be as high as yours at the mo. Will be looking at changing the turbo in the near future.

Cheers Ben
Old 20 July 2009, 10:25 PM
monkeyboy173
Scooby Regular

Ill follow this aswell as my forged 2.1 is being built by Engine Tuner at the moment. Im due to collect it on Saturday with a Simtek ECU fitted at the same time Its only running a twinscroll VF37 at the moment so Im not epecting huge power but it should be fun never the less. Mines a MY03 STi by the way.

What spec will you be running?
Old 30 July 2009, 06:50 AM
WRX RCY
Scooby Regular

Watching with interest. Keep us updated