Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

MY07 turbo-back exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2007, 08:33 PM
stara
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY07 turbo-back exhaust.

finally finished changing the exhaust. (needed to run the car in first for 1000mls). so in addition to the TSL grpN backbox and de-res center, the both cats were replaced with decat pipes supplied by scoobyworld (extremely quick delivery too) they came from hayward & scott today. just finished fitting it and apart from the turbo heatshield issue, it wasn't too bad, there was a problem with the restraining bracket on the 2nd cat, it doesn't line up it is about an inch gap, also not lining up with the bolt hole, so although seemingly unnecessary due to the light weight, i probably will get a spacer made up.
so whats it like, well the difference is amazing, idle sounds about the same as just the TSL bits, but acceleration is now awesome, i can hear the turbo quite clearly now, and there appears to be a bit of turbo lag now, (although on the standard 2.5, there isn't really any lag, it was very progressive), when on boost though WOW i love it like this, it reminds you that you are driving a turbo, the noise on WOT is sensational, a GREEN air filter was also fitted yesterday, although i didn't notice any difference with just the filter changed. prior to my remap, i will be fitting an air intake resonater replacement elbow (on order from US CRE Loaded 6 Subaru - BOOSTKITS.COM about £60) to get some nicer noises from the engine bay more than anything............