Notices
Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

95 Legacy Wagon Rebuild - ideas welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2020, 09:35 PM
95LegacyLWagon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 Legacy Wagon Rebuild - ideas welcome!

Hey guys, new to this forum. Got a few questions to be answered and then ready to hear any ideas or thoughts about the possible build.

The car is a 95 Legacy L Wagon. 328,000 miles and mostly original. From the guy i bought it from and records, what we can obtain, even the clutch is original. 5spd manual, FWD and a killer personality. The paint is fading, the carpet is dying but i swear this thing is the most fun car i've driven in years. I bought it as a backup to my 99 Grand Cherokee WJ when i was working on that. Unfortunately a head stud cracked while we were trying to replace the head gasket on the inline 4.0 and i ended up just driving it until it blew up. But now i have a new DD, a 2005 Grand WK, and its leaving me at a point where i want to put some love back into my little Legacy that did so much for me.

So the idea is to build something with more power, but not go overboard. I want to be able to make sure it could handle a twin turbo if i decided on it, but for now, something to make it a little bit easier to drive on the interstate. i would love to source a 6SPD for it, but if i can't, thats okay. Its a work in progress. The ultimate goal is to do an overland build on it, but for now better gas mileage is the idea. The jeep only gets about 15 inner city whereas the suub was getting about 26-29.

I will say that i would love exterior lighting and eventually want to raise it a bit.

But leave your comments, concerns, suggestions and criticism below. I want a full list of ideas from as many people as possible before i turn a single wrench on that motor.

Thanks guys.