2002 Subaru Impreza GX - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Notices
Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

2002 Subaru Impreza GX

Old 26 August 2018, 10:24 PM
Ricosco
Scooby Newbie

Default 2002 Subaru Impreza GX

Hey new to here and Scoobs in general, Iíve just bought a GX and itís not been a good start, needs a lot of work, pads and disks front and back brake pipes corroded, suspension corroded, front and rear subframe corroded, had a tyrewell full of water till I drilled a hole in it, I get a strong waft of petrol in car and Iím getting 150 miles out a tank, ideally I want to ramp it and make a project out of it, any advice on where to source parts and methods would be muchly appreciated
Old 27 August 2018, 01:07 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Bin it and buy something cheap and reliable until you can afford a WRX.

Harsh but fair. There is nothing economically viable that you can do with a GX, especially if you are starting with a dog-poor one.
Old 30 August 2018, 06:04 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

That is one of the most tragic looking Imprezas i've ever set eyes on.. must have been cobbled together as a joke.

As above scrap it in its current state.. its cheaper to buy another rather than fix this one.
Old 31 August 2018, 07:20 PM
darrenmma
Scooby Regular

looks ok just tidy it up - people just being mean ! performance wise I wouldn't bother but could still make it a nice car ! get cheap pads disks pipes etc and do jobs yourself then look to get better alloys a big scoop take a few stickers off nice wheels tints straight through decat exahust