Notices
Private For Sale - General General Items (not categorised)

buyers beware of this seller ktm525racing

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2010, 08:00 PM
dc0402
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buyers beware of this seller ktm525racing

hi just thought i would bring to the attention of the honest buyers and sellers on here that ktm525racing has been selling faulty bits on here and then offers a refund that you never get (been waiting since nov 09) i bought a few bits of him in 1 go only to find out the gauges didnt power/light up and the STI pedals were missing the fitting kit also some crystal headlights with the bracket broken this stuff was sold to me all in good condition and the gauges had just been removed from his car in working order, ()
after numerous emails and PMs i was finallly offered a partial refund which i agreed to (as better than nothing) (bits for the pedals got lost in the post but no tracking details given either, blah blah blah).
check out his profile to see even more complaints about faulty bits.
this is his profile
https://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=99997

you would expect someone with a good trader score to be trustworthy but not all of them are as i found out to my own cost.

Last edited by dc0402; 02 February 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: wording
Old 02 February 2010, 08:10 PM
big t5
Scooby Regular

unlucky mate and thanks for the heads up.
Old 02 February 2010, 08:30 PM
99greenwagon
Scooby Regular

what the f**k is wrong with people? and as for the trader score thats just lame!!!
Old 02 February 2010, 08:39 PM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

Its gettin to the stage where ye just cant trust anyone. It f#cks it for all the decent sellers out there. Chears for the warning...
Old 02 February 2010, 09:21 PM
scoobydoo_done_u
Scooby Regular

atleast i can say im trustworthy and ive had no complaints yet sorry to hear about it dc
Old 02 February 2010, 11:01 PM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

i bought 4 pot brake kit from him last year an they were in a diisgusting state. posted full of brake fluid all over them. all paint come off an yet to fit them. there is some good people out there who dealt with alot but this guy i would never again myself
Old 02 February 2010, 11:35 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

i think we should have a thread of dodgy traders to give people a heads up before trading.

its a **** take
Old 03 February 2010, 12:13 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

me 2 there actually shud be a hall of shame to avoid the usernames with paypal addresses even
Old 03 February 2010, 12:16 AM
dc0402
Scooby Regular

i think if they have enough complaints they should give there address out everyone would get there moneys worth then
Old 03 February 2010, 12:21 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

i noticed u gave him positive feedback. was thsi a different deal with him?
Old 03 February 2010, 12:25 AM
dc0402
Scooby Regular

yes i had some sti rear lights of him that worked fine so thats what that was for and then i spent quite a few more quid with him and got the ****e stuff
Old 03 February 2010, 12:30 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

not right mate. and also even if u gave him bad feedback he would just give u it also. im still dreding to the day if these 4 pots will even work an hope not leak. just have to be extra careful like even ask for pics of something working with date an username on pic
Old 03 February 2010, 01:00 AM
Scooby Wez
Scooby Regular

Had this with a set of clocks and knock link last year.Said they had just come out the car but the pictures did not match the clocks i got and the knock link fitted to them needed a total rewire.Luckly for me i fixed them.
Old 03 February 2010, 05:07 AM
ice643
Scooby Regular

pay thru paypal ,if items are not as described you can get your money back.
Old 03 February 2010, 08:32 AM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

well as you no by looking at his profile i brought a face lift bonnet i did a wanted ad on here he came to me saying he had a mint bonnet,said yeah il have it turned up all rusted along the top edge then dabbed in with white paint on top and it was badly dented all the ends was bent round ,also dented on all the feature lines,i wasnt happy as i waited over 2 weeks for this,just getting ignored now as sent loads of msg,s i even said just give me half back,so i can put that towards a new bonnet,oh he said it was mint when left him yea rite how did the rust get there and dabb it in with white paint these dhl delivery people are getting good they carry rust on the and a pot of white paint,im just so anoryed as im waiting to finish my project and have to save more money as my missus leant me that beware guys
Old 03 February 2010, 09:21 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrighty338
i think we should have a thread of dodgy traders to give people a heads up before trading.

its a **** take
will 3rd that idea, too many people being ripped off on here, its getting worse all the time. i have been lucky and not been done yet but that is more to do with not buying without looking into there history of the seller and thier old posts etc
Old 03 February 2010, 10:24 AM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was done £500 for an engine, was in the early days and never got my money back from the seller and no engine (had failed bottom end). Got my money through credit card company in the end (i paid via paypal btw).
Old 03 February 2010, 10:38 AM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear this but as per previous arguements on here,it was always stated that the ppl with the low itrader should be the watched ones which i always say is crap,

as with the paypal.i contacted paypal over a deal i did recently on here as i never recieved the part (as of yet), bought the goods via paypal on 14th jan, when i spoke to paypal as u send the money as a gift to avoid the fees the is no come back,as a gift is a gift,i hope i get the part i was after as i dont fancy a slagging match online lol.

but its getting to the point even the trusted sellers cant be trusted so its getting in a bad way,there should be a hall of shame,with user ids that the mods control so not everyone can just add who they feel like,its not hard to send all communication to them and if they feel its in the users favour to know who these scum r then name and shame them.
Old 03 February 2010, 10:51 AM
bobtheboss78
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by malcs scooby
well as you no by looking at his profile i brought a face lift bonnet i did a wanted ad on here he came to me saying he had a mint bonnet,said yeah il have it turned up all rusted along the top edge then dabbed in with white paint on top and it was badly dented all the ends was bent round ,also dented on all the feature lines,i wasnt happy as i waited over 2 weeks for this,just getting ignored now as sent loads of msg,s i even said just give me half back,so i can put that towards a new bonnet,oh he said it was mint when left him yea rite how did the rust get there and dabb it in with white paint these dhl delivery people are getting good they carry rust on the and a pot of white paint,im just so anoryed as im waiting to finish my project and have to save more money as my missus leant me that beware guys
i`ll second that he tried to sell it to me in december.. i still have his pm telling me its mint condition aswell!!!!
Old 03 February 2010, 10:59 AM
Mattybr5@MB Developments
Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry to here this dc as your a sound chap and i value highly as a good customer and good friend and you dont deserve none ov this nether do any 1 who gets ripped off to much ov this is happening and action needs to be taken

maybe a sticky ov the hall ov shame at the top ov the page so we dont have to keep it bumping it up and we can just add to the list when we are sure the dealer is dodgy and parts are not just late ect may be some guid lines for people to follow before they tar the seller

also i try to keep all my buyers happy as poss and quick delivery and friendly service and i know how hard it is but if you want the sale sometimes you gotta go the extra mile and not lie your way to the sale .not good and i shall be giving this member a miss cheers for the heads up
Old 03 February 2010, 11:24 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Subscibed.
Old 03 February 2010, 11:25 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bobtheboss78
i`ll second that he tried to sell it to me in december.. i still have his pm telling me its mint condition aswell!!!!
406 silver by any chance?
Old 03 February 2010, 05:34 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

no hes on about the white bonnet i ended up getting to find its scrap,its getting to the point where im just going to buy it all new saves the dissapointment as this was stated mint condition,done nothing but lie all down the line we are getting no replys back now so name and shame is the only way to warn people to stay away from him
Old 03 February 2010, 05:37 PM
malcs scooby
Scooby Regular

oh cheers bobtheboss78 for backing me up cant believe that on a dedicated scoob car club you get ripped off by scum like this
Old 03 February 2010, 07:56 PM
erchie84
Scooby Regular

Its a real shame this were meant to be here to share interests and help each other I think that's why most people joined .....to be honest I've had a lot of help and been ripped off so yeah a thread with usernames to be wary off is a good idea anyone want the privilidge
Old 03 February 2010, 09:00 PM
trackcar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by erchie84
Its a real shame this were meant to be here to share interests and help each other I think that's why most people joined .....to be honest I've had a lot of help and been ripped off so yeah a thread with usernames to be wary off is a good idea anyone want the privilidge
that reminds me, i should leave you good trader score dear sir!!
Old 03 February 2010, 09:05 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Thats a proper shame mate, There are 2 many people doing this on scoobynet now. As for trader rating, I have 1 negative feedback from someone on here who I sent a working turbo, come from my car with no problems, and when it arrived he said that the turbo blades where smashed. I gave him a refund, but didnt give him his postage back as I was 100 percent certain that it was in perfect condition when I sent it out(car was working a couple of days before with no problems), and the fact the car was working I was going to lose money on it anything could of happned the guy could of dropped it etc. But the guy's attitude really annoyed me as he posted that the turbo was broke on the forum before sending me a PM and tried to make out that I was ripping him off straight away, so ther are always 2 sides to a story.

Anyway Ive sold about 10 items the last year or so, and Ive only recieved 2 feedbacks 1 negative and 1 positive, so my trader rating doesnt look to good!!!!

But i am a honest bloke, well I like to think so!!!! even if my trader score is crap!!!!!
Old 03 February 2010, 09:51 PM
ronin_hungary
Scooby Regular

I propose the following solution options, I have seen on other forums, plus own ideas:
1. "Do NOT buy from this user" in Red letters (maybe Caps) under the username.
That way you do not need to read through the (hopefully not) long list of usernames.

2. "Chance of mercy" - Have the Sticky topic on top and have the usernames listed, which can only be modified by moderators here. The shady dealers can see the above title under their name, then they can contact the mods for/with the following:
a./ Why is the degrading title? (Which can be received by the reporting party)
b./ Explanation (Which can be received by the reported party)
That could be posted in the topic (by the mods only), so it has history.
Reason for this e.g.: Somebody got sick for extended period, Post Office went bankrupt etc.
Obviously, since it has history, either the person is not doing it again or cannot do it again.

3. "Probation" - After explanation, there would be a 3 months probation period. Title would change to "Under Dealing Probation" under the nickname.

4. "Banned" - This would be the last step. I am pretty sure that can be resolved to such nicknames (and IP addresses!!!) can be banned from the "Marketplace" area only. (Why would somebody post to other forums if being hoax beats me, but I have seen that before).

I hope you guys like the ideas and some of them can be implemented. I (believe/think) am a genuine, honest seller/buyer and it grinds my gears to see hoaxes. A week ago I just lost 10 GBP on a 20 GBP deal (stupid post office), but still kept my word of shipping and to the previously agreed terms!

Cheers,

R.
"Honour above all"

ps.: By the way, what's up with people not negotiating and trying to solve a deal...
Old 03 February 2010, 10:53 PM
big t5
Scooby Regular

glad to see something might come out of your misfortune dc,and pleased that the exhaust was as good as described or it could be my name getting a slating,cheers mate and good luck.
Old 03 February 2010, 11:12 PM
dc0402
Scooby Regular

big t5 the exhaust is great mate and was a pleasure dealing with you.
this thread was a last resort due to a scheming theiving little toe rag selling shi* stuff and trying to rob people of there hard earned money i gave ktm525racing numerous chances of settling this (since november 09) only to be fobbed of time and time again just feel a bit p*ssed of that some muppets will spoil this site for honest people trying to help others out and sell bits that they no longer need.

Quick Reply: buyers beware of this seller ktm525racing