Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

BMW 330ci M-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 2012, 12:32 PM
hawkeyewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW 330ci M-Sport

Unfortunately my recent redundancy means I cannot afford the luxury of keeping my car. Pics first, full details below. Price £3,495.00 ono.

This car is clearly set apart from the other e46s on offer.It has had a massive amount of maintenance work carried out totalling over£5000 in 2011 alone – see full detail below. All of this work is fullydocumented.

The car is in great condition for the age and, with all thework done is driving pretty much like new. There are a few age related minor defectswhich I have also highlighted below. The description is as full and honest aspossible.

Mileage – 121000 (Engine replaced at 108000). Donor enginethought to have covered approx. 14k (seebelow) so mileage is in real terms is approx. 27k.

MOT – 1st November 2013

Tax – 31st March 2013

Private Plate included in the sale - Valued at £600

Timeline of work doneand cost:

21/03/2011 - £135.98 - New key

05/04/2011 - £1550.00 - replacement engine (The receipt forthis engine does not specifically state what mileage it had done prior, on theactually engine cover its self there is a note "runs superb" and"14682" – it is understood that this is the mileage.)

19/04/2011 - £1686.78 – Installation of engine, replacementof water pump and thermostat house and Replacement clutch kit and new spigotbearing.

11/06/2011 - £292.81 - Gear selector kit

27/06/2011 - £183.28 - Heater controls

02/09/2011 - £674.01 - Rear discs and pads, Handbrake shoes,rear calliper, Brake fluid change, Rear brake hoses

21/11/2011 - £415.35 - Front discs and pads, Anti-roll barbushes, Drop link

21/11/2011 - £160.00 – Tires

19/12/2011 - £96.99 - Replacement battery

Total = £5195.20 in 2011

From the notes on the receipts the head gasket had failed onthe previous engine and with it being difficult and very costly to replace thehead gasket itself. The previous owner decided to replace the entire engineinstead. The worn clutch was discovered at this point and was replaced as well.

12/04/2012 – Wishbone Bush

14/05/2012 - Drop Link (very slight play so replaced anyway)

24/05/2012 - Expansion tank (Common fault)

28/06/2012 - Replaced wishbone (the other side had beenreplaced by a previous owner and this one had a slight click in the bearing soit was replaced)

02/07/2012 - Rocker Gasket (Slight misting at rear)

06/10/2012 - Inlet and Exhaust camshaft sensors replaced

2012 - £480 spent so far and I have only had these thingsreplaced to ensure the car performed to the level it should.

All common faults have been resolved or anticipated andparts replaced.

Service history:

There are 8 stamps, last one 98151 on the 03/08/2009. There appearsto have been a service missed and then the engine was replaced and a fullservice completed at this point (19/04/2011).

Further service in April (23/04/2012).

The car display isshowing 8500 until next service which is only the oil service.

Interior....

M-Sport Steering Wheel with cruise control and stereocontrols.

Memory Drivers seat / Electric Passenger seat - Usual M-Sportspec, 4 different settings for different drivers, all work as they should.

Harmon Karmon Sound System - Sounds great (there is a littlewear to the driver’s door speaker cover)

I-Phone connection to original stereo - installed in March2012 by previous owner. The cable runs to the centre console and is hidden beneaththe arm rest. It is an extremely professional finish.

NOTE: there is still a 6 CD changer in the boot and toreinstate this is simply a matter of unplugging the i-phone connecting andreconnecting the CD player.

Carbon trim - some of it has been scratched as to beexpected

Alcantara/ Cloth Trim - All but the drivers seat are ingreat condition. The suede is still soft and clean. The drivers seat is haswear on one of the bolsters (nearest the door). If this bother’s the new ownerthen a new seat costs about £80.

The gear **** has faded white but doesn’t look out of place.

The door seals have split which is a common fault with theE46 coupe. These are currently stuck together and still create a seal - toreplace costs £100.

Body work:

The driver’s wing does need attention, it has some bubbling on it (nothing exposed and not noticeable unless up close) but new wings are inexpensive and readily available. This is a common e46issue with the front wings and the nearside has already been replaced for thesame reason. New wings can be purchased from £30.

There is a small spot of rust at the rear of the car from astone chip – I have a touch up kit for this which will be included in the saleas I have not had the confidence to tackle this myself.

The front bumper does have some light scratching on thebottom, this is only really noticeable when close up.

The rear parking sensor has an intermittent fault whichmeans it sometimes sticks on when the car is in reverse gear. This is not anespecially long car so sensors are not essential but buyer should be aware.

Wheels and tyres

The wheels are 18" MV2 alloys, have been recentlyrefurbished; however there is one scratch on the front near side; caused byprevious owner.

Brake callipers and disc hubs are coated in silver.

The tyres on the front were replaced about 9 months ago andthe rears were changed on 1st November 2012.

Mechanically:

The engine runs smooth and revs clean.

Inlet and Exhaust camshaft sensors have been replaced.

The low oil light shows after the car is started and goes outafter 10 seconds. This is a common fault with the sensor on the sump (Pleasegoogle this to verify) This sensor is circa £60 to replace, which can be doneon the next oil service. Or you can do like I do and check the oil levelmanually; it has never been low.

Finally...

I have tried to be as honest as possible, the last thing I want is anybody coming to view the car and have any surprises. This also means I will not entertain tyre kickers or ridiculous offers. If you buy another 3 series coupe you couldeasily be facing the same issues that have already been resolved on this car.

This car drives as it should and has great performance. Motorwaympg is excellent (40+) but on mixed driving you can expect to average +30mpg;which is an excellent return for a performance car with in excess of 230bhp.

The asking price for the car is fair considering the levelof work and money spent.

I will not consider p/x as I will be sharing a car with mywife until such time as I find work.

£3495 ono
Old 22 December 2012, 09:27 PM
Liamcl1989
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks well worth the price!