Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

W reg Vauxhall Omega 2.0 16v automatic (now with pics) £850

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2011, 08:37 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W reg Vauxhall Omega 2.0 16v automatic (now with pics) £850

Hello all, i'm selling the missus's nans Omega, it has 10 months mot and 10 months tax.

It's covered 76k miles and runs very well, mileage will increase due to daily use, everything works as it should and it has been a good reliable car since she bought it in 2004.

It has 3 previous owners including the missus's nan.

I've just done the head gasket on it, more as a precautionary measure as it was blowing a little white smoke now and then and in the process i fitted a full head gasket set and bolts, cam belt and water pump, spark plugs, new oil and filter and made sure everything else was good.

The only faults with the car is stone chip in the windscreen, it needs a new idle speed control valve (common fault with ecotecs) as it hunts only on idle slightly, it dosen't however affect the running/performance of the car in any way and may sort itself out if the idle valve is cleaned, it has scuffs on the front bumper and the AC could do with topping up as it's not ice cold like it should be.

The auto box works as it should and has a fully functional sports switch fitted should you want to use it, it also has climate control, standard fit CD player, comfy seats, arm rest etc etc, it also has a set of alloys on it that come with descent tyres. 2 new ones on the front and the rears have about 3-4mm left.

There's no rust on this car at all and nearly every body panel is straight, barr 1 dink in the rear passenger door which isn't that bad, they're all free from major dents etc, there is the odd stone chip but not many tbh.
There is also a dent on the front bumper and the paint has cracked, this is where she clipped one of those little concrete stumps whilst trying to get out of a parking space.

The price for this well looked after and trouble free motor is £850.

Here's some pics

Here's a close up of the dent on the front bumper

Last edited by gazzawrx; 06 August 2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11 August 2011, 12:24 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

sensible offers welcomed
Old 12 August 2011, 09:43 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love these cars and a bargain price too!
Such an easy car to drive despite the size, auto box is a dream on these, if you do motorway miles then something like this would suit you down to the ground, it has enough poke and its an auto, what more do you need and by the looks its going to be one of the rare models between changeover of the 2ltr and the 2.2 (not a good engine from GM) on the facelift car.
GLWTS, someones going to get a bargain (shame ive no room or else id just buy it for the hell of it )

Tony
Old 13 August 2011, 08:08 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

cheers tony, yeah i feel it's a good price too tbh, it's certainly a lot of car for the money anyway.

Funny you should say about the changeover year, i had a dispute with the guy in my local parts shop about what head set it needed, he was adamant it should be a 2.2 to start with until i told him otherwise. I'd say with the facelift dash and the more reliable 2.0 engine that this car may well be rare, hopefully i find a buyer for her soon as it's taking up room on my drive now
Old 19 August 2011, 09:18 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

c'mon lads this is a nice reliable motor for not much money, i'll take £750 but i'm not going lower.