Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

lexus rx300

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2012, 04:53 AM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexus rx300

thinking of getting one of these any input will be great at the moment got a 2litre vvti rav 4 just want something with a bigger boot space i know it's not going to be exactly cheap on the fuel front but we do very little mileage .seems to have all the toys and looks a comfy set up .will be 2003/4 prob
thanks
ozz
Old 14 October 2012, 07:44 AM
kiranbaloo
Scooby Regular

Location: Reading,in a 516/460 classic 2.0 wagon quite lively!!

They are good reliable cars though they are expensive to run.Hard on brakes and tyres and fuel.The Rx400h is a lot better car though a bit more expensive to buy but cheaper to run as tax is less and will do 28-30 mpg.If you do get a 300 don't get one with air suspension as very expensive if it goes wrong and check radiator as leaks on the edges between the core and the end tanks.
Old 14 October 2012, 08:04 AM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kiranbaloo
They are good reliable cars though they are expensive to run.Hard on brakes and tyres and fuel.The Rx400h is a lot better car though a bit more expensive to buy but cheaper to run as tax is less and will do 28-30 mpg.If you do get a 300 don't get one with air suspension as very expensive if it goes wrong and check radiator as leaks on the edges between the core and the end tanks.
ok thanks for that
Old 14 October 2012, 08:11 AM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

I'd agree with all the above plus beware if the cam belt is due as it's an expensive job
Old 14 October 2012, 08:15 AM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICHARD J
I'd agree with all the above plus beware if the cam belt is due as it's an expensive job
Old 14 October 2012, 08:27 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

We've just upgraded the wifes one to a 400. Much better car. The 300 is lovely but very expensive to run. We had a service plan from lexus an that's good but budget for at least 500 extra on every service. Cam belt is circa 400 alone. We had the se"l which is the top of the range an a switch went on the air suspension this cost 400 to fix. For a flippin switch!! Tyres are eaten like anythin so expect at least two new ones a year. Also mpg around twon is 21-22 an on a run 28 at best. Don't get me wrong they are bloody lovely cars to drive and whisper quiet but when they go wrong they go wrong big time. We got ours from a dealer and found out how good the warranty was after 6 months as it needed 3500 worth of work doing to it with the likes of brakes and radiator and suspension. It was all covered luckily. Also had a wheel bearing go and the radio fail

They are very good thgh and the dealers are excellent. We now have the 400 and if I'm driving I can see mid to low 30s on town and country running and a steady high 20's on the motorway. If your doing more town work then the hybrid is what you want. If you do motorway work then get a 350 as the engine is better an mpg is also better
Old 14 October 2012, 08:36 AM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
We've just upgraded the wifes one to a 400. Much better car. The 300 is lovely but very expensive to run. We had a service plan from lexus an that's good but budget for at least 500 extra on every service. Cam belt is circa 400 alone. We had the se"l which is the top of the range an a switch went on the air suspension this cost 400 to fix. For a flippin switch!! Tyres are eaten like anythin so expect at least two new ones a year. Also mpg around twon is 21-22 an on a run 28 at best. Don't get me wrong they are bloody lovely cars to drive and whisper quiet but when they go wrong they go wrong big time. We got ours from a dealer and found out how good the warranty was after 6 months as it needed 3500 worth of work doing to it with the likes of brakes and radiator and suspension. It was all covered luckily. Also had a wheel bearing go and the radio fail

They are very good thgh and the dealers are excellent. We now have the 400 and if I'm driving I can see mid to low 30s on town and country running and a steady high 20's on the motorway. If your doing more town work then the hybrid is what you want. If you do motorway work then get a 350 as the engine is better an mpg is also better