Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Driving on the HARD SHOULDER

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2002, 12:04 AM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in South Manchester and drive on the M56/M60 quite regularly

In the past I have seen a Black Merc CLK 320 being driven really badly and agresively, It has a registration that pertains to the owners name which is [H4LL L]. I have posted on here ages ago about this bloke and have seen him loads of times since, wouldnt really warrant a mention but I have seen him driving down the Hard Shoulder to avoid traffic !

Funny thing is, other people have told me about this without me mentioning it so he's doing it all the time, one guy has reported him three times to the Police.

Anybody else seen this guy driving on the hard shoulder ?, five people I know have seen him cos it generated a thread on our work intranet.

Old 07 May 2002, 12:09 AM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

oops sorry, wrong forum, can you move to Non Scoob related please
Old 07 May 2002, 02:37 AM
asifR
Scooby Regular

i drive on the m60/56 regular as well to go to work but haven't seen this black clk. i come from droylsden end to go to wythenshawe, past stockport....is this the offending stretch??? or the opposite way????

he should defo get points for that....its a fine job for drivin in a bus lane (trust me i know)!!!!!
Old 07 May 2002, 08:23 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

What a dick!!! I can't stand people that do stuff like that while everyone else patiently waits. GRRRRRR!!
Old 07 May 2002, 09:50 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

thats typical for a merc driver isn't it??? they all drive like that round here [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] have you reported it to the police? if you get a witness they can prosecute (sp) I think sounds like he deserves it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] some people just have no respect for other road users What a t0sser [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 May 2002, 09:52 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Oh and hasnt't this been mentioned on here before? I am sure someone (you?) has said about this driver before and got a few replies from other people that have seen him get the b*stard done for dangerous driving
Old 07 May 2002, 11:15 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I remember once being in a traffic jam and a Merc came hurtling down the hard shoulder, one of the trucks in the inside lane pulled over and blocked his way, so he went up the grass embankment. The truck driver just stayed alongside him, so he couldn't get back down again, eventually the Merc driver had to stop when he reached a bridge stantion. I don't know what happened after that, but damn it was fun to watch
Old 07 May 2002, 01:32 PM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

Yep, have tried reporting him but nothings happened, I just thought I would mention his new trick and see what happens.

His reg is miss spaced as well, arrogant turd.
Old 07 May 2002, 01:37 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Didn't this thread happen about a year ago???

I do think he's annoyed someone else too. Would suggest a search, but...
Old 07 May 2002, 01:41 PM
Phill
Scooby Regular

Some people just do not deserve a license, and I seem to come across them every day !!

W***kers the lot of them, and yes i hate the people that use the wrong lane, Grass, or whatever takes there fancy to shave 10 min's of there journey (saxo boy ,

I think i agree normally i would say live and let live, but the merc chap sounds like that is 50/50 if you have the evidence or enough people, get the **** of our roads !!

Phill

Old 07 May 2002, 06:46 PM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

Yep, Ill put up with quite a lot, he always goes up the outside of the queue in the airport tunnel when most cars (apart from BM's and Mercs that is) are stood waiting, he then pushes in further up.

I see this guy on a reylar basis and he is ALWAYS doing something wrong, the hard shoulder trick is a new one on me though.

Keep your eyes open for him