Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

LandRover Discovery 3

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2011, 10:42 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LandRover Discovery 3

I'm getting the itch again to get one, don't get me wrong, I like my 350Z but I've just not... for want of a better word, bonded with it like I did my Impreza. I've always liked the LRD3 from day one and think it would probably suit me more than the 350Z lol.

Has anyone had one or had any experiences with them? Running, relability etc
Old 28 October 2011, 07:47 AM
AdamJ
Scooby Regular

Bullitt, We have just got one, they are a great car, so useful... But if you need a speed fix, you aint gonna get it. Where in Leeds so if you wanna have a go in it, let me know.

Adam
Old 28 October 2011, 08:18 AM
Dave Thornton
Scooby Regular

In terms of design functionality, one of the best cars in recent times, and light years ahead of the previous model. I've had a 54 plate HSE for nearly 18 months, just past 100k and the car is still like new. Things can and do go wrong with it as it is so complicated, but if I had to replace it I'd get another. It's not fast (except 0-20) but it controls body roll very well and the big wheels make it ride well. Buy a pre-21 March 06 for cheaper tax and expect 23mpg, perhaps 30mpg on a long run. They will hold their value well if you spend < £20k. Worth going for the HSE and go for automatic.
Old 28 October 2011, 10:45 AM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

Awesome info there thanks I'm glad you mentioned about age/tax band too, gives me some idea of which to go for.

Adam that'd be great if I could have a try, much better than having a pushy salesman. Where abouts are you?
Old 31 October 2011, 03:24 PM
AdamJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BULLITT
Awesome info there thanks I'm glad you mentioned about age/tax band too, gives me some idea of which to go for.

Adam that'd be great if I could have a try, much better than having a pushy salesman. Where abouts are you?
I work in Pudsey mostly at work, but live in Rothwell if thats easier. Just drop me a PM if you wanna come round, I will need some notice as I will have to prise the keys off the other half...
Old 31 October 2011, 03:43 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Also do a search as we have had a few threads on the Disco 3, all with good info.

I had one, i loved it! But make sure you get a warranty because it will break
Old 31 October 2011, 04:00 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Have had our 05 HSE since Feb, only minor issues, front bushes, blocked sunroof drains and cruise control (being fixed today) other than that its great, tows the radical without knowing its there.