Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Reversing sensors on a Ford C-Max

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2011, 12:03 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Reversing sensors on a Ford C-Max

Due to the addition in our family, the missus has traded her Fiesta ST in for a more family friendly Ford C-Max (59 plate).

It didn't come with reversing sensors unfortunatley and she has mentioned it would be a nice option to have as she has only ever owned small cars.

The local Ford dealer have said they can fit them for about £260 (including colour coding the sensors) which I didn't think was too bad.

Anyone know anywhere else that might be worth a look?
Old 25 January 2011, 12:49 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do it yourself with kits but to be honest, doesn't sound a disaster. C-Max (the new one) very popular at the moment and sure that compares well to the option price (all about packages now rather than individual options so only included with the 'city pack' or some twaddle)

5t.
Old 25 January 2011, 12:59 PM
chris180883
Scooby Regular

If it's not fitted as standard it'll be the xvision kits that your being quoted for actually quite good does what it needs to do and reasonably accurate. Fit these all the time at work I'm a senior tech with ford. The guides are available online for fitting if you've got the berries to drill into your own bumpers
Old 25 January 2011, 02:21 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

See if they will price match and then quote this ford dealers prices

http://www.acornmotorgroup.co.uk/rev...-sensors.shtml

I know it says starts from that price but worth a phone call or email to see what they quote first tho.
Old 26 January 2011, 12:08 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I got them fitted to the missus focus @ £249 inc colour coded. At £260 i dont think you can complain, you should get a warranty on fitment.
Old 26 January 2011, 01:17 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Scorpion PS40 £50 plus fitting and VAT

Got a set on the Altea.

Do not fit the Front system though, its a bit pants. The Rear only model is fine.

DIY fitment is quite easy if you know how to remove a bumper - wiring just takes power off the reverse lamp. You need to be very careful when drilling the holes in the bumpers correctly; f*** it up and you've made an expensive mistake (its will be costly to repair and fill the holes and repaint the bumper). But colour matching the sensors maybe tricky, you can get away with aerosol, but we mix the paint properly to get a decent match.

Some bumpers do have marker holes on the inside of the bumper moulding which makes things easier (so long as their posistion is roughly in right place)

Shouldn't cost any more than £100+vat to fit. So thats £150+vat all in.

Last edited by ALi-B; 26 January 2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 27 January 2011, 04:25 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure I fancy the DIY treatment

Trending Topics

Old 27 January 2011, 04:32 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

A local car audio place or even halfords will do it, the latter offering a guarantee. They really are simple to wire up.
Old 28 January 2011, 10:20 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

I fitted this kit on the Kuga, neat as isnt seen in the slightest and works a treat (get a few false alarms in the rain) http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Veh...g-Dynamics-PD1
Old 28 January 2011, 12:07 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy M3
A local car audio place or even halfords will do it, the latter offering a guarantee. They really are simple to wire up.

It's not the wiring bit that worries me, it's the drilling and colour coding bit that is the problem.

Originally Posted by Spec'C'57
I fitted this kit on the Kuga, neat as isnt seen in the slightest and works a treat (get a few false alarms in the rain) http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Veh...g-Dynamics-PD1
No drilling! When you say false alarms, do you mean it beeps whilst you are driving?
Old 28 January 2011, 12:24 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

False alarms are bleeps whene there is nothing there. Its works on microwave/radar, so funny angles of nearby objects can upset them.

OEM systems aren't 100% either. which why they are always stipulated as a "parking aid". As my uncle found out when he reversed his BMW into a narrow post. Keep this in mind when using any type of parking system, be it factory or aftermarket.

For example reversing up a steep curb or up a hill; The angle of the sensor to the ground will make it think the ground is an obstacle. Same with tow hitches (some are affected - Jags are OK, some aren't, like BMWs).

The main thing to look out for is narrow posts and "grid" type fencing. None of these systems are 100% at detecting these, so keep an eye out (especially for 2ft tall steel posts).
Old 28 January 2011, 12:32 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Good call Ali-B Thanks.
Old 28 January 2011, 01:16 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Theuy only work while in reverse, the false alarms with the parking dynamics is litterally rain drops pass the sensor strip, it still works perfectly well but might make you stop a little early.

Also oltho the Kuga maybe slightly different, i fitted without having to remove the bumper.

Last edited by Spec'c'57; 28 January 2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 28 January 2011, 01:51 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Had the standard Ford ones put on my wifes Focus for the same cost as the OP, they work well and to be fair I think they are as god as any others you may find, I think they are a reasonable cost
Old 28 January 2011, 01:56 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57
Theuy only work while in reverse, the false alarms with the parking dynamics is litterally rain drops pass the sensor strip, it still works perfectly well but might make you stop a little early.

Also oltho the Kuga maybe slightly different, i fitted without having to remove the bumper.
D'oh! Of course they only work in reverse, what was I thinking?!

Will take a look at those I think.
Old 18 July 2015, 01:35 PM
campbew
Scooby Newbie

Default ford Cmax (2013 Mark 2) Reverse Wire Colour (Passenger Side)

Hi, I have a Mark 2 ford Cmax and am looking to fit rear parking sensors however I cannot find anything that advises me of the correct colour of wire to connect it to. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 18 July 2015, 01:36 PM
campbew
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by fivetide
You can do it yourself with kits but to be honest, doesn't sound a disaster. C-Max (the new one) very popular at the moment and sure that compares well to the option price (all about packages now rather than individual options so only included with the 'city pack' or some twaddle)

5t.
Hi, I have a Mark 2 ford Cmax and am looking to fit rear parking sensors however I cannot find anything that advises me of the correct colour of wire to connect it to. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 18 July 2015, 01:36 PM
campbew
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by chris180883
If it's not fitted as standard it'll be the xvision kits that your being quoted for actually quite good does what it needs to do and reasonably accurate. Fit these all the time at work I'm a senior tech with ford. The guides are available online for fitting if you've got the berries to drill into your own bumpers