Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

New shape dCi Laguna 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2002, 06:56 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

...well I had the older shape version and now I've got the new one with the card you stick in the dash and the stop/start button and 6 speed manual. Quite nice really.....apart from a few minor problems.

Anyone else got one?

Nath
Old 27 March 2002, 07:09 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Nat

Just ordered one as my new lease car.

tried the other usual stuff : A4, Golf, Focus, Passat, 9-3 etc but for vfm the Laguna seems tops.

loads of toys as standard, very comfortable and reasonable price.

oh and well in excess of 40mpg !!! try that in my scoob !

and a v nice low CO2 of 150

wot 'minor problems' have you had ?

cheers

steve
Old 27 March 2002, 07:25 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Steve, within 250 miles the gear selection went...I had a phone kit installed so the chances are thats whats caused it. If you went to select 1st gear it went into reverse

At the moment the SRS light is lit, so it needs to go back in again to get that sorted out. If I remember correctly its got about 8 airbags from the front to the back... Even though the front wings and bonnet are plastic it still managed to win the safe car of the year award (and believe it or not the car was actually in circulation when it one it, unlike the RR's)

Its now done over a 1000 miles and is soooo much better than the early models..Its quite and doesn't drone on long runs. You dont have to have the stereo on full blast to kill the road noise anymore Fuel consumption doesn't seem to be that good and so far I'm averaging 380 miles to a tank...but I guess thats down to it been new and my heavy right foot

Servicing intervals are great at every 18,000 miles due to new oil technology.

The six speed is great, although if your doing 70mph 'ish and in 6th it wont pull much more at all until you down a gear. The stop/start button takes a bit of getting used to as well as I still find myself reaching out to take the keys out.

All in all I'm happy with it so far and I'm glad I went for this over a few other models.

Nath

ps: I went for the flame red (metallic) as everyone else seems to have silver still at the moment

[Edited by 47 NAT - 3/27/2002 7:29:19 PM]
Old 28 March 2002, 07:31 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

well the one i had for a few days had done about 5-6k and i was getting close to 50mpg on a motorway run.

yep i kept reaching for the keys to !

i thought it was the best car overall of those i could choose and car tax is quite low.

i never got around to seeing any colours at a garage cos of timescales to sort it out. i went for the eclipse in the end...looks a dark grey colour i think !!!

waiting to hear how long until delivery.