Hyuandai a10 or other

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2010, 08:11 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Hyuandai a10 or other

Hi All

A female friend is after a new car.... she has test driven a Hyuandai A10.....

I said she may be better getting a 6month - 1 year old second hand car...

Can anyone with actual knowledge please give some recommendations of cars, in the same price band as an A10, that are better than the Huandai.....the cost of the 2nd hand car should be around the same price as a new A10

She has two kids so I presume will need back doors also

Cannot be older than 1 year old.

Cheers

Last edited by mrtheedge2u2; 12 February 2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12 February 2010, 08:59 AM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you mean i10 , its actually a very good little car , my sister got the 1.2 version this summer on the scrapage scheme, it is a five seater with loads of room her husband who is a 6'4" lorry driver test drove it as well and had plenty of head room etc, also described it as "very nippy". it comes with AC 4, air bags, 5 doors and the all important ipod connection! and of course a 5 year warrenty, I don't think she'll find much to beat it in the price range, my sister loves it finds it easy to park etc warms up quickly (needed in the present artic conditions). And of course its a brand new car.
Old 12 February 2010, 11:20 AM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

A friend has just got an i30 through the scrappage scheme. It seems a really good car for the money. I thought it was a BMW 1 series when I first saw it (did you know mateeboy has a BMW? Its a 335d you know ), and it's kitted out very nicely: climate control, half leather seats, its quite a nice place to be. For the money I don't think you can go far wrong, I think they have a 5 year guarantee as well.
Old 12 February 2010, 08:49 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ray T
I think you mean i10 , its actually a very good little car , my sister got the 1.2 version this summer on the scrapage scheme, it is a five seater with loads of room her husband who is a 6'4" lorry driver test drove it as well and had plenty of head room etc, also described it as "very nippy". it comes with AC 4, air bags, 5 doors and the all important ipod connection! and of course a 5 year warrenty, I don't think she'll find much to beat it in the price range, my sister loves it finds it easy to park etc warms up quickly (needed in the present artic conditions). And of course its a brand new car.
Does your sister know she can trade that car in next month and get a brand new i10 with the same spec for £499...........
Old 23 February 2010, 01:15 PM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

She just told me she got a letter about this yesterday. But she has only had hers since july so not sure at the moment, up side if she went for it a new 5 year warrentee but I think £499 is a bit steep for 9 months extra.
Old 23 February 2010, 02:09 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ray T
She just told me she got a letter about this yesterday. But she has only had hers since july so not sure at the moment, up side if she went for it a new 5 year warrentee but I think £499 is a bit steep for 9 months extra.
She can keep the car until it is 12 months old. Then she can trade it in, avoid having to have it serviced and having to pay road tax for the next 12 months. It was all in the press release Hyundai put out, so for actual cost of circa £250 she can have a car that is brand new with the 5 year warranty.

"Owners who bought a new i10, i20 and i30 last year will be invited to swap it for a brand new Hyundai wearing the new ‘10’ registration. The swap can be made any time up until the car’s first anniversary, saving the customer the cost of the first service and tax disc renewal. The new car will of course also have a new five year warranty.

The customer’s contribution to the deal will be £499 for an i10, £599 for an i20 or £749 for an i30. Customers will be able to trade up and down the range if they want to switch to a different car or add options.

Once the price of a service and tax disc are taken into account, it could mean that the ‘cost to change’ for an i10 customer could be around £250 – that’s just £20 per month in depreciation. For the i20, buyers will be upgrading to a 2010 model year car with ESP as standard and an improved interior."

Last edited by Reffro; 23 February 2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 23 February 2010, 04:31 PM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

Ah I see, she just said it was until the 31st march in the letter, have to check that out.

cheers
Old 23 February 2010, 05:57 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

I think this only applies to 09 cars with less than 10,000 miles and bought on the scrappage scheme.
Old 24 February 2010, 12:47 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MMT WRX
I think this only applies to 09 cars with less than 10,000 miles and bought on the scrappage scheme.
I've copied in the whole press release just in case anyone interested.

25/01/10 from Hyundai Print this page
Scrappage buyers offered a new car for just £499
£2,000 part exchange on all new Hyundai cars – even without government contribution
Set to bring thousands more customers to the brand
Hyundai is set to build on its industry-leading scrappage success with ground-breaking schemes which will help even more customers afford a new Hyundai.

These include Trade & Upgrade, which allows buyers the same £2,000 part exchange allowance as scrappage customers even after the government scheme ends, and Happy Returns, which offers Hyundai’s existing scrappage customers the chance to swap to a new ‘10’ registration in March for as little as £499.

“We have learnt some valuable lessons from the 33,000 people who have bought cars from us under the scrappage scheme” said Tony Whitehorn, Hyundai’s managing director in the UK. “They love transparent pricing. They hate haggling. And if they see a good deal they will snap it up. What we are offering post scrappage will build on this experience and will change the way cars are bought in the UK for ever.”

Trade & Upgrade will offer the 6.4 million owners of seven to 10 year old cars in Britain the same £2,000 allowance offered to scrappage customers.

Unlike similar schemes from other manufacturers, Trade & Upgrade allows buyers to choose any new car from the Hyundai range, not just the more expensive models.

It’s not only old car drivers who can benefit. Happy Returns will allow those who were savvy enough to buy a Hyundai using scrappage another chance to pick up an unbeatable deal and own another new Hyundai.

Owners who bought a new i10, i20 and i30 last year will be invited to swap it for a brand new Hyundai wearing the new ‘10’ registration. The swap can be made any time up until the car’s first anniversary, saving the customer the cost of the first service and tax disc renewal. The new car will of course also have a new five year warranty.

The customer’s contribution to the deal will be £499 for an i10, £599 for an i20 or £749 for an i30. Customers will be able to trade up and down the range if they want to switch to a different car or add options.

Once the price of a service and tax disc are taken into account, it could mean that the ‘cost to change’ for an i10 customer could be around £250 – that’s just £20 per month in depreciation. For the i20, buyers will be upgrading to a 2010 model year car with ESP as standard and an improved interior.

The scheme has been made possible because of the exceptional residual values of Hyundai ‘i’ cars and the high demand for quality used cars in the Hyundai network.

There is a further treat in store for existing Hyundai customers. All 33,000 buyers who made use of scrappage will be sent a ‘Friends and Family’ voucher which will allow them to give relations and acquaintances something more than just good car-buying advice. They will also be able to offer a £250 voucher to spend on any new Hyundai.

“Our scrappage customers have an expectation of what a Hyundai will be like, and they are amazed at the quality and technology they are getting” said Whitehorn. “As a result they have become our best advocates. We want to reward them and allow thousands more drivers to own a new Hyundai.”

Ends
Old 24 February 2010, 12:54 PM
scooby1929
Scooby Regular

I have an i10 as my go to work car!! I am very pleased with it!! Got it on the scrappage scheme last year!! Also got the letter to change for 500 which in my opinion is a briliant deal. Saves on the first service, tax, rac i year recovery and means your tyres etc are back to brand new.