Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2010, 09:21 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Audi A4 2dr seat problems

OK, odd place to ask but what the heck.

Anyone got or had a 2dr Audi A4?
I have a 2007(56) cab and when you put the front seat down to get in the back, the seat just slides straight backwards.
You have to wedge the seat forward with a foot if you attempt to put a child or its seat in the back. I've managed to slice my finger open this morning taking the seat out.

Audi dealer told me, after the 3rd time of asking, there is a mechanism in the seat that applies some friction to the runners when you push the seat forward.
They said they would sort it out when I took it in for mot etc as it was a seat out job to fix..

1 month later, had the car booked into main dealer today for service/mot/warranty inspection to now be looked at like I am crazy when I ask if they've sorted the seat. The sarcastic cow in the dealership made me want to punch her damn lights out.

Does anyone have a 2dr A4 and does your seat slide back very easily.
Mine does it even when the car is on a slight forward decline so it's almost so loose it's going uphill...
Old 26 January 2010, 10:56 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

I will check this out tomorrow and let you know.
Where was your finger when you injured it?
Old 27 January 2010, 12:21 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

LOL Im not sure, I think I trapped it between the base of the ISOfix seat and the drivers seat, there was nothing sharp as such, just squashed and pulled I think.... I should have dropped the rear window first!
Old 27 January 2010, 02:49 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

My Focus does a similar thing to this.

If you tilt the seat totally forward it locks in place and is then free to slide forward/backward - when putting my lad in the back on a hill it always slides down and hits me.

Apparently this is so it goes back to the correct position for seating that it was in before.

If you tilt the seat but don't lock it in place, you can then slide it forward and it locks in place until you move it again.

Maybe worth a shot?
Old 27 January 2010, 02:50 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

PS how is the car in general? Fancying a cab once again and one of these is in the running against a BMW 330 cab.

how do you manage with child seat, and buggy etc if out on a trip? I know they are compromised, but is it possible to do a day trip?
Old 27 January 2010, 03:39 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Mine is the 3.2 quattro and I love it. This seat is the only gripe.
It does need new rear tyres though and they are weighing in at about 170 each... Most expensive car for tyres for me and I've had other quick cars....

It doesn't actually feel like a big car, I came from an S2000 and I was surprised how it didn't feel that much bigger.

The child seat I use is ISOfix and getting it installed is easy, just clips in front or back.
The biggest problem is getting it in the back, if you lower the rear window it is easier.
Our girl is 18months now and I have to be careful not to bash her head on the roof on the way out but it isn't an issue.

Boot space. We have two pushchairs, a Mclaren quest thingy that folds down and fits across the boot no problem but it's too long lengthways. We have a Quinny Buzz too but you have to take the top off that, it's fine but when she was in the carry cot bit, if you had that in the boot you quickly ran out of space.

The rear seats do not fold down (like they do in the A5 cab!) but you can make use of the space the roof goes into. The biggest pain is the opening wont let you get a large box in as the boot lid is quite short.

Day trips are fine, long weekends are more of a logistical challenge
There is of course a second rear seat for additional bags. OK if you only have 1 child.
Old 27 January 2010, 04:00 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Cheers Rich, test drives in order I think.
Old 28 January 2010, 10:48 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Hi there, the electric seats don't seem to come back as you describe when I tried so I would definitely badger the main dealer some more!
Old 29 January 2010, 08:30 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the report back thesyn! I'll see how I get on.
Old 29 January 2010, 12:38 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Actually someone at my office has a 55 plate with electric seats and they are quite different. I didn't realise you had to press the button to make those slide forward and back.