Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Dodge Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2009, 09:47 AM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get inside one and see how small cheap and gloomy they are.
Old 05 July 2009, 09:49 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Given that 2 year old ones are going for £8k, the depreciation is pretty disastrous too.
Old 05 July 2009, 02:43 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

My wife bought a 7-seat Tribeca about 18 months ago. It at least has plenty of space inside and half decent build quality. They are worth next to nothing these days but it makes an excellent family holiday car - the only time I have to drive it - the rest of the time I have my Impreza. I wanted her to get a Legacy but it was her call and it is not as bad as I thought it might be.
Lots of kit, a nice engine (crap gearbox though) and the option of pop-up seats. They are only good for kids and you lose middle row leg-room when they're in use. We only use them 5 or 6 times a year so they are good enough. Ours was one year old with 6k on the clock for £20k, they are a lot cheaper now. If you can live with the looks (not many can) and the fuel consumption (even fewer can) then they are a lot of car for the money. This is a propper XC90/new X5 size car rather than the Nitro which is more Focus/Golf size on the inside.

.......the Passat is probably a better car though................