Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

cars update

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2009, 06:28 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cars update

some of you may be aware i sold my porsche and bought a clio 182.
just an update.the fuel consumption is very good is a very chuckable car and is a hoot to drive no major gripes with it yet.......ive had it a month now.and fairly happy with it much cheaper running now which funds my track day habit lolnot planning in modding this car as i dont think the money spent will return much gain just leave as is!

1 of the trackday cars i use at knockhill is mazda mx5 1.8 .ive removed the soft top from the car and fitted a hard top to it.replaced a couple of latches which secure it to the car with stainless steel brackets aka positive fasteners so that if it gets bumped or rolled the roof should stay in position without the risk of the latches coming undone and the roof going awol lol
removed spare tyre which weighs a ton!!! and jack etc.
still got the coninental eco fuel savers on it and still handles pretty well but rolls and wallows about too much and is a hoot on the hairpin can get it to drift round just about lol
but pretty much everything leaves me on the straight so not sure on the cars future just now but it is cheap and dependable for track days!

the other car is a citroen xsara vts.
this comes out the factory with the 167bhp weighing 1200kg it has the pug 306 gti engineas both comanys share the same engines and parts.
this car has been stripped out and has plastic windows down the sides.
still has different unknown brand tyres on every corner.
had 2 very cheap antique racing seats fitted they only weigh 6 kg each the originals weighed 18.5 and 21.5 each! so theres a good saving the rear bench was 20 kg
car weighs just over 1000kgs
anyhows what does it perform like pretty bloody fantastic!!!
there was a boy there in a clio 172 cup immaculate all done up loud exhaust stripped out interior 2 racing seats removed 1 headlight big green mushroom air filter behind it lowered lighweight 15"alloys with sticky tyres result i was chewing his bumper for 4 laps around the circuit!!!!!until he pulled of into the pits!
wasnt too keen to chat when i was admiring his car!
on the straight he did pull slighly away but i mean only just noticeable
so there you go buy a citroen xsara vts and have some good fun!very underated!
also was match and match with a mg zs 180 round the track 2!
next project is a kit car and transplanting the xsara engine in car weighs 500kg so looking for 320 bhp per ton cant wait!

Last edited by delcbr; 29 June 2009 at 07:17 PM.