Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Strange one re. brake discs...

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2009, 03:07 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange one re. brake discs...

Bare with me on this one as it's garfunkeled me a bit.

The 205GTi ne
eds new rear brake discs. Round here in Scunny the best price I've got is around £35 for a pair of them (I have spare pads so do not need these).

Looked on Ebay and found these... SAXO ZX XSARA 106 205 306 309 REAR BRAKE DISCS X 2 NEW on eBay (end time 13-Jul-09 21:16:45 BST)

£15, bargain I here you say. So I looked on the companies website. There seems to be 2 sites... Car Parts Car Parts and Home - A to Z Car Parts

So I rung the no. on the Ebay ad,
01924 45 12 77 and asked if I could pick the discs up instead of paying for postage. (I'm going past Dewsbury tomorrow). I got told if I'm picking them up, they're £26. Tried asking why, but it was quite an abpupt Asian lad, so didn't bother arguing.

The discs are the cheapest I've found (desperate for MOT), and they are open tomorrow morning from about 9.30am he said. So my thinking is to pay the extra ££ and pick them up, otherwise I would pay nearly £30 inc p&p.

Anyone had any dealings or similar experiences like this.

The postacode given for my Satnav is WF12 9BQ, but there is as said, 2 companies and the other one is very similar but down the road.

Seems fishy, but I'm going that way anyways tomorrow a.m. so can at least make sure I got the right bits. Their feedback is very good too, both on Ebay and the website.

Discuss

Old 26 June 2009, 03:23 PM
speedy steve
Scooby Regular

probably planning on making a profit on the postage as is often the case on E-ripoff these days..
Old 26 June 2009, 03:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Maybe... certainly don't wanna stereotype Asian businesses, but the postage seems high.

£26 is still cheaper than anywhere else at the minute.
Old 26 June 2009, 03:58 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats the prob choco? You're picking them up and at the cheapest price u can find. Nothing can go wrong really. Except if they take your cash, give u the wrong discs, then beat u up n take them back again. I'm sure that won't happen though
Old 26 June 2009, 04:06 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Whats the prob choco? You're picking them up and at the cheapest price u can find. Nothing can go wrong really. Except if they take your cash, give u the wrong discs, then beat u up n take them back again. I'm sure that won't happen though

Nah, over on the 205 forum now, theres suspect on whether they will even fit my car. As apparently on the Ebay ad, it states they fit different models (nothing out the ordinary), but the offsets are different.

I swear I've never had so much hassle looking for discs that fit. Prolly as a lot of french cars have interchangable parts, but sometimes with tiny differences like offsets etc.