Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Considering an integra type r. Opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2009, 12:32 PM
crossy lad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering an integra type r. Opinions please

Hi guys i have a uk my00 with a few choice mods running 320bhp its a really clean car and took me a long time to find. Im now getting my usual twitchy feet and fancy a change. I know power wise its a step down but i rellay do like integra type r's. These cars get rave reviews plus im a sucker for red recaros lol.

Just wanted to know your opinions on these cars, oh and im after a uk dc2. Cheers guys
Old 18 April 2009, 12:45 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

DC2 will be massive step down in power for you as they're 187bhp ish. Great handling though & sound amazing. Getting on a bit age wise though as the newest one is probably 8rs old? DC5 is no slouch so why not give them a go instead?

TX.

PS

Owned a DC2 before & own a DC5 now
Old 18 April 2009, 12:50 PM
Carmar
Scooby Regular

My mate had a UK DC-2 in black, just a excellent car in every way. I have driven that many high power FWD cars but by far the DC-2 sticks in my mind as the best!

His had a Mugen exhaust manifold and a HKS induction kit but suspension etc was standard.

As a drivers car on a twisty B road it will put a smile on your face as long as you keep it in V-TEC which requires a heavy right foot, if its out of V-TEC or you miss a gear it has no low down torque at all.

My only criticism if any are the brakes, from memory they have 286mm front brakes which are fine but with increased useage get slightly tired but uprated pads may help.

Remember that the 15" alloys should be kept due to better turn-in and Honda developed a tyre with Bridgestone specifically for the DC-2 which should be used!.

All in all a excellent car and I very much doubt you will be disapointed.
Old 18 April 2009, 01:03 PM
crossy lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
DC2 will be massive step down in power for you as they're 187bhp ish. Great handling though & sound amazing. Getting on a bit age wise though as the newest one is probably 8rs old? DC5 is no slouch so why not give them a go instead?

TX.

PS

Owned a DC2 before & own a DC5 now
I do like the dc5 however they are still a little dear price wise, and considering what classic impreza's are fetching these days and i need to sell mine first , its gonna have to be the dc2 for me lol
Old 21 April 2009, 05:08 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DC2 is one of the best handling cars of all time, according to Evo mag.

Certainly the best handling front driven car I've ever owned. Was on a par in terms of straight line speed with my MY99 classic (standard) once rolling. Should never have sold it and I still miss it some 6 years later. Simply stunning drivers car in every way.

And don't believe all this "gutless at low revs" crap. They are very low geared and pretty decent below the change in cam timing. Nothing like a blown engines torque, of course. Its aslo very easy to keep the revs high because of the low gearing, and the fact that the engine sounds and feels more relaxed at 5000 rpm than some do at 3000 rpm, so you are always just a flex away from the power band.

Best gearchange I've ever used.

Brakes were fine on mine (better than standard subaru 4 pots) and as above, keep them on the standard wheels. Don't **** about with induction or exhaust either - many so called mods will see a reduction in power but more noise. Truley effective tuning parts will cost a fortune.
Old 21 April 2009, 06:20 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

Awesome cars, that is all.
Old 21 April 2009, 07:52 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I had a JDM 96-Spec Integra with a drop-in filter, cat-back exhaust and some uprated 300mm front brakes with braided lines, ferodo pads and OE discs.

It is the best handling car I've driven, thats including 4WD, RWD and FWD there.. the turn in is immense, the grip levels are awesome, and the confidence it gives you is something you need to experience to understand.

Straight line speed, it was dead even with a friends 270bhp-ish Bugeye STi from one side of the speedo to the other... and it pulled about 15-20 car lengths on a Nissan 350z in a similar speed range.

To be honest, if you're running a genuine 320bhp in a Classic.. its going to come as quite a shock stepping into an Integra Type R and unless you do a LOT of backroad/track driving then you might get itchy feet quite soon after you lose the rush of turbo power.

I drove a UK Teg at a dealership a few months prior to buying my JDM model, and although it doesnt look like much on paper... they drove quite differently, I was actually quite bored in the UK Integra which I got to take out on some great backroads alone... for around an hour.

Cheers,
Grant

Trending Topics

Old 21 April 2009, 09:30 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
DC2 is one of the best handling cars of all time, according to Evo mag.

Certainly the best handling front driven car I've ever owned. Was on a par in terms of straight line speed with my MY99 classic (standard) once rolling. Should never have sold it and I still miss it some 6 years later. Simply stunning drivers car in every way.

And don't believe all this "gutless at low revs" crap. They are very low geared and pretty decent below the change in cam timing. Nothing like a blown engines torque, of course. Its aslo very easy to keep the revs high because of the low gearing, and the fact that the engine sounds and feels more relaxed at 5000 rpm than some do at 3000 rpm, so you are always just a flex away from the power band.

Best gearchange I've ever used.

Brakes were fine on mine (better than standard subaru 4 pots) and as above, keep them on the standard wheels. Don't **** about with induction or exhaust either - many so called mods will see a reduction in power but more noise. Truley effective tuning parts will cost a fortune.
I had one and everything in the above post is absolutely spot on.

One of the best handling cars ever made FWD or not. The standard suspension set up on the original wheels is unbelievably good and driven well will better many a Scoob in the real world.
Old 23 April 2009, 02:42 PM
Japorter
Scooby Regular

Location: OLD MY53 STi @ 341bhp/349lbft -> NOW Evo 8 385bhp/380lbft

I am not sure about DC2, but I used to own a DC5 with TODA Manifold, HKS Cat-back, GruupM Intake and Hondata remap. it was a beast. very very fast once its rolling. I did scare few EVOs and STi's..still returned almost 330 mile on every tank, no matter how I drive it.......

DC2 with the B18C is still a cracking car, can't go wrong with it. get the JDM one tho
Old 23 April 2009, 07:43 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Why?

TX.