Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

FOCUS RS?????? LOL

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2009, 05:40 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOCUS RS?????? LOL

Went out today with my mate in the skyline Got to a bit off dual carrageway round here called the madmile got to the roundabout waited for a space to pull out when some N=b head in a white rs pulled up next to us and laughed at our car,

Needless to say except for the roudabout at start as he nearly wiped another car out pulling away like a d..k the skyline complely left it my mate eased off abit as even tho road was dead its not worth killing some one or looseing your license. POINT being we really did have a big gap before edgeing off.

SO put it this way the skyline wieghs about 15 ton it is also 2wd (all be it rwd) its only worth 3 0r 4k so why all the hype over a car?

the car im on about is a r33 turbo running roughly 370bhp
Old 07 March 2009, 05:54 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt think they had started delivering any of the RS's yet, probably was an ST

Tony
Old 07 March 2009, 05:54 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Didn't know new Focus RS was out yet.

Di you mean ST?

Once rolling the cars transmission doesn't matter too much. As for power to weight I would think even though the Liner is a porka it would be much higher than the ST.
Old 07 March 2009, 06:05 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
Didn't know new Focus RS was out yet.
The OP didn't say anywhere that the car was the NEW RS.
Old 07 March 2009, 06:08 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

well they never did a focus rs in white
Old 07 March 2009, 06:12 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobybreaker
Went out today with my mate in the skyline Got to a bit off dual carrageway round here called the madmile got to the roundabout waited for a space to pull out when some N=b head in a white rs pulled up next to us and laughed at our car,

Needless to say except for the roudabout at start as he nearly wiped another car out pulling away like a d..k the skyline complely left it my mate eased off abit as even tho road was dead its not worth killing some one or looseing your license. POINT being we really did have a big gap before edgeing off.

SO put it this way the skyline wieghs about 15 ton it is also 2wd (all be it rwd) its only worth 3 0r 4k so why all the hype over a car?

What actually is your point
Old 07 March 2009, 06:13 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
How many colours did the first RS come in?

Assuming the car was a white RS it could only have been a new one. Hence why I wondered if they were out yet.

Having said all that it was likely an ST
Old 07 March 2009, 06:13 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog

It must have been the Mk1 RS then. The one that came in any colour you liked, just as long as it was Blue.
Old 07 March 2009, 06:18 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

2 things.

1) the new RS isn't out yet, so it was an ST.
2) Even if it was an RS, you're comparing standard with Tuned car.

Apart from the V-Spec GTR with it's trick 4WD system, every other Skyline handles like a whale. Even a V-Spec car would struggle against an Evo/impreza/RS on a twisty back roads. The Skyline is a big car.
Old 07 March 2009, 06:28 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

It was a new shape white focus that had a s2? badge on the grille.

My point being that on a lot off forums this new focus has been made out to be the thing to be worryied about.

Then today with my own eyes i watched one get smoked by an l reg car that wieghs twice what it does.
Old 07 March 2009, 06:33 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
2 things.

1) the new RS isn't out yet, so it was an ST.
2) Even if it was an RS, you're comparing standard with Tuned car.

Apart from the V-Spec GTR with it's trick 4WD system, every other Skyline handles like a whale. Even a V-Spec car would struggle against an Evo/impreza/RS on a twisty back roads. The Skyline is a big car.

It doesnt handle like a wale at all mate, its a siht to keep in a straight line but it did once hammer my 03 plate impreza that was running 315bhp. and that was on the track.

The car in question is currently listed on ebay, You will have to excuse the write up due to my mates lass writeing it up for us.

nissan skyline 2.5 turbo manuel monster!! on eBay, also, Nissan, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 11-Mar-09 15:05:33 GMT)
Old 07 March 2009, 06:37 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

But it wasn't the new RS, and it is an ST badge on the grill Not S2. So it was a Focus ST, that you smoked. But i still dont see the point. You had 370 V's 227 ish in the power stakes, so realistically even taking out the power loss for your AWD system, then you did as expected, smoked him.
Old 07 March 2009, 06:39 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Is the 2.5 Turbo "MANUEL", the spanish version
Old 07 March 2009, 06:42 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As webby says, its not the new RS, and my old Spec C (standard unmapped car) was gaining on a "tuned" 350+bhp R33.

Tony
Old 07 March 2009, 06:44 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It doesnt handle like a wale at all mate, its a siht to keep in a straight line but it did once hammer my 03 plate impreza that was running 315bhp. and that was on the track.

The car in question is currently listed on ebay, You will have to excuse the write up due to my mates lass writeing it up for us.
Could be worse. You could have wrote it.
Old 07 March 2009, 06:49 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

im 99 to 100 percent that it was an rs iv seen sts and this looked exactly the same as a rs.
But i could be wrong!
My point being is that if it wa an st and the skyline hammered it even if the new rs is running 300bhp im still willing to put a bet on that the skyline will beat that too.
And as said it is an l reg car that doesnt cost a fortune SO why is this new focus causeing so much fuss?
Old 07 March 2009, 06:51 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

Could be worse. You could have wrote it.

no ive been banished to the ****ty world off ebid! lol
Old 07 March 2009, 07:00 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

im 99 to 100 percent that it was an rs iv seen sts and this looked exactly the same as a rs.
But i could be wrong!
My point being is that if it wa an st and the skyline hammered it even if the new rs is running 300bhp im still willing to put a bet on that the skyline will beat that too.
And as said it is an l reg car that doesnt cost a fortune SO why is this new focus causeing so much fuss?
The point is, you're still comparing a tuned car with a standard car. OK the Skyline is worth bot-all, but it's still had money spent on the engine to get the power it has.

Now compare a standard R33 skyline with a standard ST or RS, and the Fords would win. The RS would murder it.
Old 07 March 2009, 07:21 PM
RFSA180
Scooby Regular

But i could be wrong!
Old 07 March 2009, 07:23 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
But it wasn't the new RS, and it is an ST badge on the grill Not S2. So it was a Focus ST, that you smoked. But i still dont see the point. You had 370 V's 227 ish in the power stakes, so realistically even taking out the power loss for your AWD system, then you did as expected, smoked him.
As the OP describes in the advert his Skyline is a 2.5 Turbo. I might be being thick here but I thought it was only the GTR that was AWD and a GTR is 2.6. OP's car sounds like a GTS-T which if true is an ok car in itself but not to be confused with the allmighty GTR.
Old 07 March 2009, 07:26 PM
adehook
Scooby Regular

The point is, you're still comparing a tuned car with a standard car. OK the Skyline is worth bot-all, but it's still had money spent on the engine to get the power it has.

Now compare a standard R33 skyline with a standard ST or RS, and the Fords would win. The RS would murder it.

bit like saying a 106 gti and 911 gt3 are ok to compare as long as there in standard trim
Old 07 March 2009, 07:27 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

But i could be wrong!
I'm more than willing to take that wager.
Old 07 March 2009, 07:30 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adehook
bit like saying a 106 gti and 911 gt3 are ok to compare as long as there in standard trim
How is it, there's nearly 400+ bhp difference, the standard skyline and ST are more like 60 bhp difference
Old 07 March 2009, 07:32 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Racing on a dual carriageway is boring anyway. It's just a p!$$ing contest and the winner is either the one who takes the biggest risks, or the one who's spent most money. Take it on track, find a quiet country road, go anywhere where the challenge is something more than 'place right foot on right pedal until it won't go down any more'
Old 07 March 2009, 07:33 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

I think everyone has failed to miss the point that it's not all about staright line speed .... Jesus christ, If you offered me a L reg skyline with 600bhp, i think i would rather drive a M6/997/430 being safe in the knowledge that you could blow me into whatever weeds you care to as i would be in a far better car

Hey sod it, I have just spent £10000 that will blow everything away apart from a veyron, but who really cares!!!

Last edited by RB5SCOTT; 07 March 2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07 March 2009, 07:38 PM
adehook
Scooby Regular

has any ring times been released yet,? that always gives a good indication of speed
Old 07 March 2009, 07:53 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adehook
ring times
4 rim jobs an hour I believe.

Not to be sniffed at
Old 07 March 2009, 08:00 PM
adehook
Scooby Regular

pmsl
Old 07 March 2009, 08:21 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

This is not a 2.0 auto thats been thrashed about by a boy racer it is a 2.5 TURBO MANUEL thats mint!
It just seems to want to go faster and faster and the engine noise is unbeliavable

but racing early released focus RS's legend

and quote of the ****ing century , so i assume it's properly insured

When he bought the car the last owner said it had loads off uprated bits but we cant prove this nor remember what he said it had on it, so just assume its a standered skyline and anything else is a bonus
Old 07 March 2009, 09:42 PM
scoobybreaker
Scooby Regular

Ok i think i may have fooked up in the way that i thought that it was an rs which if they havent been released yet im obvousley wrong, i retract statements.

Also the car is insured under the same insurance as his r8 and 360 i think its some sort off blanket insurance? that covers him for anything he wants to drive.

But the point that im struggerling to make is, This new focus is being hyped up to death You would honustly think that it was the be all and end all off all cars. And to be fair and honust i was starting to think about getting one but then today when i thought we had beat one (i was wrong about car but kid was still a ****!) I though why would i want to have all that money in a car that can be thrashed by an old nissan!

As said i retract statement about beating one. I do think the skyliner will have ago at an rs.

Quick Reply: FOCUS RS?????? LOL