Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Bugatti Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2008, 06:21 PM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bugatti Veyron

Come across a Veyron today on the M40 north bound BUL * and we did 69 mph and admired each others cars....nothing else happened

Last edited by Jeff Wiltshire; 28 February 2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: edit for Health and Safety reasons and my sanity
Old 23 February 2008, 06:24 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its amazing what an extra 900,000 plus pounds can do
Old 23 February 2008, 06:25 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

What do you drive mate?
Old 23 February 2008, 06:56 PM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

B5 RS4
Old 23 February 2008, 07:57 PM
Chip Sencurry
BANNED

Don't be too disheartened, son. The Veyron is a serious weapon.

Take a look at this vid. Adam's Ruffed up CTR (Porsche not Civic ) is phenomenally quick. Circa 550-600 of the finest german horses and lighter than a packet of ciggies.

Interesting viewing

YouTube - Bugatti Veyron vs Porsche Ruf CTR
Old 23 February 2008, 08:15 PM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

Not downhearted, just completely impressed
Old 23 February 2008, 08:48 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Redlined in 5th on a motorway? mentalist
Old 23 February 2008, 09:21 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
Old 23 February 2008, 09:33 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Agree. Those speeds should be kept for the twisties.
Old 23 February 2008, 09:34 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Totally agree

Still had one more gear to go
Old 23 February 2008, 09:43 PM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

lol cookstar
Old 23 February 2008, 10:21 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Never mind Jeff at least you tried! Remember that a Veyron can leave a fast bike for dead too. Fav clip below where one goes past a R1 when he's giving it some too.

YouTube - Bugatti Veyron vs. Yamaha R1 RACING DOWN MOTERWAY

TX.
Old 23 February 2008, 10:25 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The bugatti driver cant have been axactly tickling the throttle now can he

( albeit with plenty to spare)
Old 24 February 2008, 02:23 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Indeed, both drivers were nutters. I mean geez redlined in 5th in a RS4, what speeds are we talkin about here, 140-150mph+ ?
Old 24 February 2008, 08:52 AM
dougwrx
Scooby Regular

Come on guys cant someone tell a story about spirited driving without people jumping on bad driving band wagon, I mean its like we all have these fast cars but should never drive them fast. In the end speeding is speeding wether its 45 in a 30 or 100+ on a motorway. Don't flame me but I dare say its safer to speed on the motorway than in built up areas which most of us probably do.

Dougie
Old 24 February 2008, 09:25 AM
z4mr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dougwrx
Come on guys cant someone tell a story about spirited driving without people jumping on bad driving band wagon, I mean its like we all have these fast cars but should never drive them fast. In the end speeding is speeding wether its 45 in a 30 or 100+ on a motorway. Don't flame me but I dare say its safer to speed on the motorway than in built up areas which most of us probably do.

Dougie
Totally agree.
Old 24 February 2008, 09:46 AM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

Stories like this are like fishermans tales....the accuracy is a little dubious, certainly the speeds never exceeded 70mph and we where driving sensible and within the capabilities of both cars, we where not racing and no animals where harmed in the production of this tall story. Specially modified gearbox in my RS4 which redlines in 5th at 70mph where the speed limiter kicks in.

Move along, nothing to see here....

It's a little sad when you can't get enthused by a fast car on a car website

Last edited by Jeff Wiltshire; 24 February 2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 24 February 2008, 09:48 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Old 24 February 2008, 12:01 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

They still needed British engineers to sort out the gearbox for them.
Old 24 February 2008, 08:26 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jeff Wiltshire

It's a little sad when you can't get enthused by a fast car on a car website
Certainly is, Jeff. PM me the story if you like, I promise I won't tell on you to Bioforger.
Old 25 February 2008, 07:33 AM
Mr Leigh
Scooby Regular

Question

Two amazing cars. I wish I was behind at the time to witness such power. Has anyone put the Bug down the 1/4 mile?
Old 25 February 2008, 12:16 PM
wall
Scooby Regular

Was side by side with a Veyron on the motorway in the south of France. I think the driver knew that we wanted a show so after sitting side by side looking at it I applied full throttle and he proceeded to do the same shortly after on the outside lane ... result ... O.M.G!!!!!

Now my Golf V R32 is by no means slow, and we were at a nice accelleration point doing about 70kmh when I floored it in the right gear and all ... simply amazing, once he accellerated it was like we were going backwards all of a sudden whilst simultaneously being overtaken by a fighter jet.

Never ever seen accelleration like it; have been done before by various Ferrari and Porsche, certainly very fast cars, but they were simply faster than my R32 ... this thing was totally from another universe where the laws of physics are changed

Amazing!

Wall

Last edited by wall; 25 February 2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 25 February 2008, 02:05 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wall
Was side by side with a Veyron on the motorway in the south of France. I think the driver knew that we wanted a show so after sitting side by side looking at it I applied full throttle and he proceeded to do the same shortly after on the outside lane ... result ... O.M.G!!!!!

Now my Golf V R32 is by no means slow, and we were at a nice accelleration point doing about 70kmh when I floored it in the right gear and all ... simply amazing, once he accellerated it was like we were going backwards all of a sudden whilst simultaneously being overtaken by a fighter jet.

Never ever seen accelleration like it; have been done before by various Ferrari and Porsche, certainly very fast cars, but they were simply faster than my R32 ... this thing was totally from another universe where the laws of physics are changed

Amazing!

Wall
Old 25 February 2008, 02:19 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dougwrx

Dougie
Having a fast cars isnt a licence to endager others on a public road, you are still expected to drive within safe limits, not do over 130MPh on a public road in them.

Imagine you are driving with your son/daughter in the car and a ****** like that decides he thinks it's safe to do 130MPh, and happens to be wrong and ends up injuring or killing them, then is it a case of "we have fast cars so we're allowed to drive like tossers" or would you have a slightly different view? It's amazing how they think its fine until they get it worng, then its never just them that pay the price.

I think anyone doing those speeds on a public road is a complete ******* and hopefully the police pull him doing those speeds sometime soon and take him off the road.
Old 25 February 2008, 04:14 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

How does doing 70mph stop someone from killing you and your family ? If i were you, i'd stay at home and never go out.

Speed doesnt kill, people kill.

Not all situations are the same, not all people are the same, not all cars are the same.

Sadly people like you, only have one stick to measure everyone else with, hence have no clue about anything.
Old 25 February 2008, 04:22 PM
fattb
Scooby Regular

Chuck Norris kills
Old 25 February 2008, 05:06 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by serega
How does doing 70mph stop someone from killing you and your family ? If i were you, i'd stay at home and never go out.

Speed doesnt kill, people kill.

Not all situations are the same, not all people are the same, not all cars are the same.

Sadly people like you, only have one stick to measure everyone else with, hence have no clue about anything.
Im using the "130/140MPh on any public road is too fast" measuring stick, unfortunately people like you think they have a right to judge when it's safe to break the law and when it isnt, regardless of the fact it shouldnt be left to anyones discretion.

Not all situations are the same, that's why no one who is doing that sort of speed can be 100% certain that they wont end up involving someone else in an accident, and it isnt down to them to make that judgement, they should be taken off the road.

Speed doesnt kill? so you're stating that all things being equal, someone doing 140MPh is as safe as someone doing 70MPh? regardless of reaction and stopping times should the unexpected happen? you're living in a dream world if you think that. Speed to that excess kills, you have a LOT less time to react or respond to things. But no, you're a driving god who forsees every possibility and is 100% sure that high speed cant possibly cause any additional risk, because only people kill and not speed.

Keep any law breaking off the roads, people here seem so intent that speed is a 0% contributor to accidents, and that is just not true.
Old 25 February 2008, 07:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

My suggestion is this: when ever we wish to recount stories of driving quick cars quickly, simply state that we were on a deristricted section of the Reichsautobahn. If it was good enough for the Waffen-SS, it'll be good enough for SS Bob.
Old 25 February 2008, 07:22 PM
serega
Scooby Regular

Lets get this straight - im not defending speeding, but your arguments are just stupid and biased.

Im using the "130/140MPh on any public road is too fast" measuring stick - so it is too fast on autobahns ? Or would you exclude the germans because they are a superior race and can react twice as fast or have much better roads/cars than UK?

And yes i do judge, because a grandma doing 70mph in a ford scorpio on a very busy motorway is much more dangerous than a 30 year old executive doing 180mph in a veyron at 2am on an empty motorway.

"Speed doesnt kill? so you're stating that all things being equal, someone doing 140MPh is as safe as someone doing 70MPh? regardless of reaction and stopping times should the unexpected happen? "

Read above - a veyron can stop from 140mph at least twice as fast or faster as a scorpio can stop from 70mph. A 30 year old guy, can react twice as fast as a grandma can and what are the chances of something unexpected happening at 2am ? I'd say the guy in a veyron has a much smaller chance of ending up in a pickle.

Yes, there are some retards that do 140mph in a van on a busy day. And i wil agree with you everytime that in this instance, speed is crucial. Thats why the speed limit is there, and yes it is illegal to be above it - because not everyone has a veyron, because not everyone has good reaction times etc. The law is there for the majority - but some people in some situations are just as safe when they do break the limit.

In some situations you should not be so judgemental and try to broaden your horizon a little.
Old 25 February 2008, 08:07 PM
Jeff Stryker
BANNED

well said

Quick Reply: Bugatti Veyron