Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

330ci

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2007, 04:20 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 330ci

As above has anyone had one?? Ive got a uk x reg turbo and was looking to get something like that beginning of next year.

Regards Dan
Old 06 November 2007, 04:37 PM
scoobberdoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezaworks
As above has anyone had one?? Ive got a uk x reg turbo and was looking to get something like that beginning of next year.

Regards Dan
Brother-in-law has one on a 51 plate but it only has 40k miles on it so no reliability issues yet. I've driven it - very smooth but not all that quick. Goes through tyres like mad (and he's not a wheel spin merchant) Feels quite cramped inside too! Would I buy one? - Nuh!
Old 06 November 2007, 05:57 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

330ci is faster than it feels, ultra smooth, wicked noise from the 6 cylinder, in fact it's one of the all time great power plants. If you can live with 6 seconds to 60 and a top speed of 155mph then it comes recommended.

What you don't get is a kick in the back to let you know the power has arrived in one small hit.

When I had one it kept a remapped/zorst WRX hawkeye well in sight and ripped past when speed got higher due to it's aero advantage and the fact the Impreza driver was being shaken apart.
Old 06 November 2007, 06:05 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by NACRO
330ci is faster than it feels, ultra smooth, wicked noise from the 6 cylinder, in fact it's one of the all time great power plants. If you can live with 6 seconds to 60 and a top speed of 155mph then it comes recommended.

What you don't get is a kick in the back to let you know the power has arrived in one small hit.

When I had one it kept a remapped/zorst WRX hawkeye well in sight and ripped past when speed got higher due to it's aero advantage and the fact the Impreza driver was being shaken apart.
I had one and agree with the above. Much more refined than the impreza also
Old 06 November 2007, 08:33 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to look at one, very nice but only two proper rear belts and though we dont use my car very often for all five of us it was a no go, bought a Saab 9-3 Aero instead, I think the previous shape 3 series coupe is much nicer looking than the current one. It did feel a bit old for some reason, even though it was in good nick and very good quality.
Old 06 November 2007, 08:45 PM
SW Sport Pilot
Scooby Regular

Have just made that very change mate, I just part exed my y reg classic turbo in for a 51 330Ci M sport

Heres a pic

To be fair mate i absolute adore the car. ok it doesnt go like a scoob but it isnt the same breed of car so i dont expect it too but nacro's description for me is absolutely spot on and have absolutely no regrets.

Have a good read up on them mate especially some of the buyers guides and be prepared to keep looking for that perfect one . There are a few good threads on here about them. I saw a good six or seven before i snapped this one up and even though its got 100k with FBMWSH on it even BMW thought it was younger when they saw it. All the cars i saw before hand were younger lesser millage and no where near as nice.

Cheers

Ian
Old 06 November 2007, 09:54 PM
crofty
Scooby Regular

There was a very recent thread on this very car do a search, I have had mine for six months and still love it, not bad for a serial car changer!, very easy to live with, fast enough in the real world, reasonable mpg,26-28, 30+ on a run, mine likes a bit of oil but that seems quite normal reading the previous thread, mines quite a high spec one, try and get one with all the toys, great car.
Old 07 November 2007, 12:47 PM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Default 330ci

Thanks for all the replies. I am very tempted but it wont be until next year. Think i will miss mine though. Im on my third impreza so unless anybody else has any other ideas i might get a bmw

Thanks again.
Old 08 November 2007, 01:45 AM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Beemer's great - you can do big mileage [I do 150K minimum on all mine]. Change the oil every 8,000 miles [half way between services] regardless of what BMW service people tell you and if it is using a bit of oil when you buy it, thrash the living daylights out of it for 5,000 miles and oil consumption will drop to 1 litre every 4K-5K. Don't dismiss the 330D either - remapped it is V. KWIK!
Old 09 November 2007, 12:02 AM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

My MD has a 330i, I have a remapped Octavia vRS with the same power, but more torque.

Hard to compare. But the Beemer sounds better