Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Jazz/Note/Modus.......Mazda 2?

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2007, 09:09 AM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jazz/Note/Modus.......Mazda 2?

Pretty dull for this site I know but does anyone have any experience of these cars? I really like the Mazda 2 for it's passenger/boot space and the fact that it drives so well. It should be cheap now that the new model is on its way but I thought that I should consider the others as more spacious and/or sophisticated alternatives.
Rear room and boot space are essential so none of the more trendy hatches will do. I like the look and design of the Modus but wince at the thought of owning a French car!
Old 04 September 2007, 12:22 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

If I ever wanted a basic car that was ultra reliable yet forgettable to drive it would have to be the Honda. My wife has a 10 year old Honda people carrier and it is very good at working and that is about it!

The Note/Modus is a Renault thing, which is never a good start and the Mazda is a Ford thing. So I would suggest losing the French rubbish and comparing the Honda, Fiesta and Mazda?
Old 05 September 2007, 12:35 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

I know you are right but I had a very bad experience with a 3 year old Civic a while back - dreadful car. I'm with you with the French stuff, nice design - if it were cheap I might consider it but if anything it is more expensive than the Jazz.
Looks like it will be Mazda vs Honda. I like the Fiesta but the Mazda has more space. I'll look for some deals as I see the Jazz is about to be replaced too.
Old 05 September 2007, 05:56 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

We hired a Nissan Note in Cyprus not long ago.
Overall it was an excellent little car but quite sloooowwwwww. Not sure what size petrol engine was in it (or what spec) but it did have A/C and no alloys.We got 4 adults, 3 kids and bits of luggage in it during an 'emergency' journey. Loads of room.