Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Just been out in an Evo V11.......

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2007, 07:29 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Just been out in an Evo V11.......

..........and all I can say is........WOW!

It's about as far off my UK classic Scoob, which has 300bhp, as my Scoob is away from the wife's Xantia TD

OK, it's not a standard car, running about 430bhp, but it corners like it's on rails, no body roll, seats are far superior.

Now all I have to do is see if I can find a decent one and start modding

Alcazar
Old 28 June 2007, 07:35 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bit of a difference 300bhp vs 430bhp!
Old 28 June 2007, 07:38 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

V11 or VII...?
Old 29 June 2007, 03:39 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HankScorpio
V11 or VII...?

Alcazar
Old 29 June 2007, 03:40 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555

Bit of a difference 300bhp vs 430bhp!
Aye, but it WASN'T just the grunt, it was how taught it felt, the level of grip, the better seats, (Recaros, not copies).......

Alcazar
Old 29 June 2007, 03:47 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Aye, but it WASN'T just the grunt, it was how taught it felt, the level of grip, the better seats, (Recaros, not copies).......

Alcazar
Try a modern Scoob then and you will feel the same WRT handling etc. preferably a JDM model.
Old 29 June 2007, 10:48 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Try a modern Scoob then and you will feel the same WRT handling etc. preferably a JDM model.
HOW modern though? The Evo had got it right by version VI, and I can get a decent, low mileage VII FQ 300 for £13000, and an FQ 340/360 for £14500 or less.

What would I have to pay for a comparable Scoob, would it have AYC, and what power? Pretty sure it'd have to be JDM, whereas the Evo I looked at is a UK car. JDM harder to insure, harder to source parts for etc.

Alcazar
Old 29 June 2007, 10:53 PM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

An FQ 340/360 FOR LESS.............WAKE UP/ you need to know your evos first, the FQ360 is only available in the 9, you want get one of those for 14.5k, i've had a Tommi Mak and an FQ330, awesome cars yes, better seats etc, but i just wasn't keen on the service intervals, and the twin scroll turbo on the Mak did'nt give me as much kick as in the RA...
Old 30 June 2007, 01:23 AM
stara
Scooby Regular

..........and all I can say is........WOW!

It's about as far off my UK classic Scoob, which has 300bhp, as my Scoob is away from the wife's Xantia TD

OK, it's not a standard car, running about 430bhp, but it corners like it's on rails, no body roll, seats are far superior.

Now all I have to do is see if I can find a decent one and start modding

Alcazar

130bhp will make a hell of a difference in performance, why not plough the cost of the evo into getting your scoob up to similar levels of power and handling, or are you simply bored with the impreza and fancy a change?
Old 30 June 2007, 04:53 AM
shustir
Scooby Regular

The most noticeable difference I found between the Impreza V5 and Evo is the handling. The Scooby felt sloppy after the Evo ! (standard Evo 6)
Old 30 June 2007, 06:45 AM
ANDYUK300
Scooby Regular

JDM harder to insure, harder to source parts for etc.

Alcazar
\

I have never had a problem and out of the 3 subarus i have had 2 have been JDM!!
Old 30 June 2007, 01:00 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Buy a leon cupra. Get haldex drivetrain installed. Up power to 500hp and be unique!
Old 30 June 2007, 05:52 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Old 30 June 2007, 05:59 PM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Buy a leon cupra. Get haldex drivetrain installed. Up power to 500hp and be unique!
Errr and how much would all that cost then??
Old 01 July 2007, 12:33 AM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

You want an VIII MR m8 with the uprated suspension and alloy roof to lower the centre of gravity so mitsey say!
Old 01 July 2007, 10:14 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

You want an FQ360 MR - best car I've driven.

AL - not only would your Seat "idea" cost about £40k, it would also be utter turd and would still be slower round the bends that an Evo.
The Evo's 4WD system is about 45 light years ahead of an VAG Haldex effort (like I had in my R32).
Old 02 July 2007, 02:33 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

HOW modern though? The Evo had got it right by version VI, and I can get a decent, low mileage VII FQ 300 for £13000, and an FQ 340/360 for £14500 or less.

What would I have to pay for a comparable Scoob, would it have AYC, and what power? Pretty sure it'd have to be JDM, whereas the Evo I looked at is a UK car. JDM harder to insure, harder to source parts for etc.

Alcazar
All dealers have access to the technicial help desk at IM Parts and Service who in turn have all the data needed to locate parts for imports. I also know that IMPS also stock a certain number of these import parts and if they don't they can supply - but there will be a wait as the parts are shipped over.

Constitution Motors (Subaru) in Norwich not only source import parts for you but have their own Japanese parts CD so they can look up UK equivalent parts with your Japanese VIN number, although it takes a little time. 01603 414623 ask for Sam. They will post small parts for you on request although if you're not local it might be worth seeing what they can do.

It goes wrong when body specific parts are required when there is no UK equivalent, as an example 22B, some spoilers and bumpers.
Old 02 July 2007, 05:29 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
You want an FQ360 MR - best car I've driven.

AL - not only would your Seat "idea" cost about £40k, it would also be utter turd and would still be slower round the bends that an Evo.
The Evo's 4WD system is about 45 light years ahead of an VAG Haldex effort (like I had in my R32).

1. Haldex isnt VAG specific
2. Yes the haldex in your old R32 was pish, but VAG have now modified it for their own interprentation of what they require.

You keep saying how much you loved your R32 yet say a haldex leon would be a turd? Its got a better chassis so if you give it haldex it would be a turd for some reason?

So if the leon is a turd what would that make your old R32, or more importantly your crappy diesel astra
Old 03 July 2007, 06:45 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Get a turbo'd R32

Video of Turbo Golf mullers Z4 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Old 03 July 2007, 06:52 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

now take a well moded scoob running 430bhp and you'll realise it aint as good as you think
Old 03 July 2007, 08:39 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
now take a well moded scoob running 430bhp and you'll realise it aint as good as you think
Which? The scoob or the Evo? I've been in an STi V5 running 480 bhp, and the Evo was ahead on points. Again, ride, seats, cornering.......

I can't be doing with spending money on my classic to try and achieve that. It'd be SOOOO dear, with a complete engine rebuild needed, and probably a different gearbox. (Mine is a UK car with weaker internals).

And I'm STILL not convinced it'd handle like an Evo.

Alcazar
Old 03 July 2007, 08:59 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Which? The scoob or the Evo? I've been in an STi V5 running 480 bhp, and the Evo was ahead on points. Again, ride, seats, cornering.......

I can't be doing with spending money on my classic to try and achieve that. It'd be SOOOO dear, with a complete engine rebuild needed, and probably a different gearbox. (Mine is a UK car with weaker internals).

Alcazar
If you're going to track it then the Evo is the one otherwise it's got to be the Impreza. The Evo will be ahead dynamically and at ten tenths but anything below the Impreza will be better. it will do the pootling better and be more comfortable. Plus it will have a healthy dose of character where the Evo is clinical and soulless.
Old 04 July 2007, 09:48 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

1. Haldex isnt VAG specific
2. Yes the haldex in your old R32 was pish, but VAG have now modified it for their own interprentation of what they require.

You keep saying how much you loved your R32 yet say a haldex leon would be a turd? Its got a better chassis so if you give it haldex it would be a turd for some reason?

So if the leon is a turd what would that make your old R32, or more importantly your crappy diesel astra
The R32 was very good. The Evo is a LOT better.
And who else but VAG uses Haldex?
The Seats I have driven have all been crap - wooden steering, torque steer, nasty interiors, etc - why spend a load of money on one?

As for the Astra comments - kicks the living crap out of an old S40 and a Transit
Old 04 July 2007, 05:45 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

The R32 was very good. The Evo is a LOT better.
And who else but VAG uses Haldex?
The Seats I have driven have all been crap - wooden steering, torque steer, nasty interiors, etc - why spend a load of money on one?

As for the Astra comments - kicks the living crap out of an old S40 and a Transit
Ford group uses haldex and oh yes that does include britains beloved land rover

And GM uses it, you know the company that owns vauxhall/opel. Pity vauxhalls are to budget build manufacturer to even entertain he idea of making a more uppermarket model

As for mentioning my work van I dont see the funny side in comparing it to your crappy astra as its a bleedin van

And no, astras are not better than volvo S40's and if I sold my mercedes e-class I could probably buy 5 of your crappy astras. Now sit down and comeback when you have a decent vehicle.

Doesnt make sense why someone who drools over loads of cars and claims to make £800 a day yet drives a crappy boring astra, unless they are a liar. And you have got a proven track record for lying

Last edited by AudiLover; 04 July 2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04 July 2007, 06:01 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Alcazar
a friend of mine had a good run with an evo running 420bhp, he had a classic with 410 and the scoob papped all over the evo, it just couldn't keep up. and i might add that was over the stelvio pass
Old 04 July 2007, 06:01 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Alcazar
a friend of mine had a good run with an evo running 420bhp, he had a classic with 410 and the scoob papped all over the evo, it just couldn't keep up. and i might add that was over the stelvio pass
Old 04 July 2007, 06:02 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Alcazar
Old 05 July 2007, 12:12 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Ford group uses haldex and oh yes that does include britains beloved land rover

And GM uses it, you know the company that owns vauxhall/opel. Pity vauxhalls are to budget build manufacturer to even entertain he idea of making a more uppermarket model

As for mentioning my work van I dont see the funny side in comparing it to your crappy astra as its a bleedin van

And no, astras are not better than volvo S40's and if I sold my mercedes e-class I could probably buy 5 of your crappy astras. Now sit down and comeback when you have a decent vehicle.

Doesnt make sense why someone who drools over loads of cars and claims to make £800 a day yet drives a crappy boring astra, unless they are a liar. And you have got a proven track record for lying

Liar?
It's your DAD'S E class and probably worth bugger all.
An S40 is an utter heap of cack - Even the R gets a ribbing in Evo for being cack to drive. The Astra gets a much better review.

You prove time and time again that you know NOTHING about cars - I drive them, I test them out, I don't put blinkers on.

And if you think making good money means you have to rush out and buy a flash car, then you REALLY are a stupid pillock.

Land Rover and Ford do NOT use Haldex - BSer.
And you've never driven an Evo or in fact a remotely fast car

You are beyond a joke yet I can't help replying - a bit like picking a scab but probably less rewarding.

Now time to converse with 99% of the car ENTHUSIASTS (not copy and paste lords with access to Audi's PR website) on here.

Anyway, the Evo, a fine fine car.
Old 05 July 2007, 06:22 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Liar?
It's your DAD'S E class and probably worth bugger all.
An S40 is an utter heap of cack - Even the R gets a ribbing in Evo for being cack to drive. The Astra gets a much better review.

You prove time and time again that you know NOTHING about cars - I drive them, I test them out, I don't put blinkers on.

And if you think making good money means you have to rush out and buy a flash car, then you REALLY are a stupid pillock.

Land Rover and Ford do NOT use Haldex - BSer.
And you've never driven an Evo or in fact a remotely fast car

You are beyond a joke yet I can't help replying - a bit like picking a scab but probably less rewarding.

Now time to converse with 99% of the car ENTHUSIASTS (not copy and paste lords with access to Audi's PR website) on here.

Anyway, the Evo, a fine fine car.
Yes the mercedes e-class that is in my name and got paid for by me is my dads

And yes a MK4 R32 is a really flash car as so is a evo

And yes I have never driven any fast cars or any cars for that matter

And yes ford and landrover dont use haldex

Originally Posted by haldex
The Haldex AWD system is currently used in the following vehicle models:

* Volkswagen Golf 4Motion
* Volkswagen Bora 4Motion
* Volkswagen Beetle RSi
* Volkswagen Passat 4Motion
* Volkswagen Sharan 4Motion
* Volkswagen Multivan 4Motion
* Audi A3/S3 Quattro
* Audi TT Quattro
* Skoda Octavia 4x4
* Seat León
* Seat Alhambra
* Volvo S40 AWD
* Volvo V50 AWD
* Volvo S60 AWD
* Volvo S60R AWD
* Volvo V70 AWD
* Volvo V70R AWD
* Volvo XC70
* Volvo S80 AWD
* Volvo XC90
* Bugatti Veyron
* Ford Freestyle
* Ford Five Hundred

* Mercury Montego
* Land Rover LR2
Old 05 July 2007, 07:09 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I see - a car has to be "flash" in your eyes.

Oh dear - welcome to a never ending feeling of inadequacy, loss and stress.

Anyway, I'm off fast cars for now - should be buying a nice speed boat this weekend - no jams, no emissions crap, no daft drivers. Just fun.

Hey, you can you and polish your old E Class - Used to drive the bosses E320CDI a lot - Yawn.

Even national papers write up my views on cars.
The Verdict: BMW 750i - Independent Online Edition > Road Tests

Evo have published two letters of mine.

And your contribution?

Come on, you seem to think you're an authority on cars...

Last edited by Matteeboy; 05 July 2007 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Just been out in an Evo V11.......