Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

In need of Inspiration

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2007, 11:21 AM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of Inspiration

So, I sold the 260bhp DC5, which I loved for 2.5 years, best car I have owned.

Needed an auto due to hip operation, so have bought a 530i sport which is a great car, but still a bit boring.

Now the wife's Saab Aero Conv is 2 yrs old it's going on Tuesday. So, we don't mind sharing the 530 and we fancy having a bit of a toy to share.

Some days I will take it to work (round trip of 40-45 miles) and other days I will take the 530.

I want something very quick (sub 5 secs) and it needs to be reliable and look nice.

The budget is £10k max, I rulled out an EVO6 as they have quite high running costs (had a nearly new 6 years ago and had lots and lots of problems).

I have previously owned a Sti Type Type RA V-ltd (blue with blue seats etc..) and this was really nice.

I remember driving a P1 when I owned my EVO and found it a little bland compared to the EVO, however I'm not rulling one out.

I do like a little rawness hence the swap to the Sti, are there any other marques which will deliver same performance on this budget?

I am a little concerned that the sti's are fetching a fair ammount of money for v/w reg's... and are getting quite old now.

Thoughts?