Navara Contract Hire

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2007, 12:54 PM
paulpaulpaul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navara Contract Hire

Hi Guys,

I m looking through business to buy a Navara on contract hire through the main dealers,

Can anybody advise me what the deal is on arranging contact hire, should you still negociate on price and spec or do you take what you get for the price quoted ?
Old 24 May 2007, 10:18 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Car Leasing & Contract Hire special offers provided by contracthireandleasing.com

pick the deal you fancy and sign on the line; you can't usually haggle as they've already negotiated the prices.
Old 25 May 2007, 10:31 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpaulpaul
Hi Guys,

I m looking through business to buy a Navara on contract hire through the main dealers
A lot of companies will charge you documentation or admin fees after you have signed on the dotted line too, just as something else to be wary of. Also you will not be 'buying' the car, simply leasing it for 2 or 3 years and then handing it back once the contract has ended.

As RRH says you won't be able to haggle with 99% of companies either
Old 25 May 2007, 10:52 AM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

I have just been through this with my Q7.

Negotiated a price with the dealer for the spec of car that I wanted. I had to go easy with the options as you are basically throwing money away. Each option added costs you more for the Contract, but you had the car back in 2 years and therefore see no benefit (other that using them for 2 years).

Anyway, negotiated the best deal I could for the Contract Hire through Audi finance. Then went off and seen if any of the online places could beat it. Got the best deal out there and then asked Audi Finance to match it, they did.

I prefer dealing face to face and with Main Dealer finiace you are less likley to be screwed over, in theory anyway
Old 25 May 2007, 10:58 AM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

And another thing, GAP insurance to cover finance was a must for me. Basically if I melt the car then I walk away (assuming I can walk away).

If you don't get it you can end up getting hit with making up the difference between claim value and finace left, and a whole lot more small print to ensure it will cost you plenty.