Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

The New Range Rover Sport.......Chav or not Chav???

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2007, 10:04 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The New Range Rover Sport.......Chav or not Chav???

Was in a Restaurant tonight heard a bunch of guys call the Range Rover Sport a chav vehicle........... This is a very expensive place to go Paris House Woburn, for those who might know, well i just wanted to punch the prat who said it toffee nosed bunch of GITS!!!!!!!! I for one would love one
Cheers
Colin
Old 28 April 2007, 08:55 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not Chav, but a bit Nouveau Riche perhaps ?
Old 28 April 2007, 10:38 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Had a play with one on Thursday - not really any competition though.

Style-wise, was quite "bling"

Not my cup of tea, would prefer a proper Range Rover - much classier

Dan
Old 28 April 2007, 12:39 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

VERY chav here in sunny Yorkshire,......there are soo many brand new ones, all of which seem to be clones in black with tints etc....most driven by drug dealers/dodgy blokes with accident claims companies etc...

I seriously considered both the RR sport and Q7 but in reality they are the ultimate chav wagon.....

You can lease em for about £500pm which makes them affordable to many different types of chav and wanna footballers wives...

Having said that, they are nice cars!
Old 28 April 2007, 12:45 PM
evogt
Scooby Regular

Funny thing that, I was only thinking that the other day when I had a look at one and I do think its a bit chavvy. Turboman has hit the nail on the head, built for wanna be footballers wives.
Old 28 April 2007, 01:19 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

They are one of many thing thats are or have been very nice and desirable but have had their image totally tarnished in the UK by the chav/footballer/drug dealer/nouveau rich image.

We are really in unprecendented times, many chave now live in homes worth £200-£300k and can easily afford cars like this through re-mortgages or the cheap monthly payments.
Old 28 April 2007, 01:25 PM
m1cks
Scooby Regular

still better than a Cayenne
Old 28 April 2007, 03:12 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

chav
Old 28 April 2007, 03:14 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

They are about as chave you can get. Any car that Khan gets involved with turns them into the ultimate chav mobile.

You've only to look on their website Kahn Design Ltd and all the cars belong on the barryboys website.
Old 28 April 2007, 03:23 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
They are about as chave you can get. Any car that Khan gets involved with turns them into the ultimate chav mobile.

You've only to look on their website Kahn Design Ltd and all the cars belong on the barryboys website.
LOL Kahn is just down the road from me, and I have to agree, he is the guru of chavdom, knows just how to spoil a fine car and make it look like a wannabe pimp wagon....

Yes its true, quick easy money and easy finance means chavs can now have all the toys...until they get banged up and have the lot confiscated under the proceeds of crimes act!!
Old 28 April 2007, 04:29 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
LOL Kahn is just down the road from me, and I have to agree, he is the guru of chavdom, knows just how to spoil a fine car and make it look like a wannabe pimp wagon....

Yes its true, quick easy money and easy finance means chavs can now have all the toys...until they get banged up and have the lot confiscated under the proceeds of crimes act!!
I drive past the Khan place on Canal Road in Bradford on my way to work and it makes me cringe when I say what is parked in there. Some beautiful motors just completely destroyed.....some people just have no taste
Old 28 April 2007, 06:16 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SPEN555
I drive past the Khan place on Canal Road in Bradford on my way to work and it makes me cringe when I say what is parked in there. Some beautiful motors just completely destroyed.....some people just have no taste
Again I have to agree!

They seem to cater for the new money folk, of whom as you know, we have a lot of in Bradford!

His brother recently got sent down for trying to defraud an old biddy out of something like £200k......says it all really....!
Old 28 April 2007, 06:29 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by m1cks
still better than a Cayenne
In what way ?
Old 28 April 2007, 06:59 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

In all honesty, I have considered SUVs or whatever you want to call them in some depth....

I see them as pretty pointless really......they are never taken off road, so their only purpose appears to be 1) image 2)a (false?) sense of wellbeing and security...

Now, for me, the image is bad - new money, footballers wives, big fat thugs etc etc....as for safety etc Im sure a decent German car eg 5 series woudl be far safer to drive, especially as it is likely to have better road handling, braking etc etc...

So having consdierede m, I concluded they were strictly for posers and prats!
Old 28 April 2007, 07:39 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Both my 4x4's are used off road. The old landy does the general run off the mill stuff & my new RR .................. well it will but its only weeks old
Old 28 April 2007, 07:46 PM
wrxcraig
Scooby Regular

seen quite a few of these and must admit, if i was gona get a 4x4 it would have to be one of these, but in a light blue colour.
Old 28 April 2007, 08:01 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Agreed they look very chav/ drug dealers car.
Look too tacky to me
Old 28 April 2007, 08:07 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Chavs = Peasant whom believes the delusion that by displaying items of wealth that he/she may be perceived a little higher up the social ladder than a flea, usually by wearing crass overly labelled and obvious brands which are either stolen originals (either with security tag attached or ill-fitting as it was all the shoplifting junkie could get) or market stall fakes.

cHAVE's = Chavs in their youth they still have the same mindset to display their social position. They now HAVE the funds to afford the real thing but not the style, intelligence or discretion realise the obvious desperation it exudes in their quest to ensure everyone sees they've risen above their humble beginnings, and in doing so put themselves right back down there with the scum.

Old 29 April 2007, 11:40 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

Chav icon

saw one being parked in a disabled spot at Tesco's just yesterday by a footballers wife wannabe, complete with burberry skirt, D&G glasses, fake tan, dressed like a hooker. shouting and laughing down the phone loudly punctuating every sentence with '****ing' or 'shuuuut up' She was hardly disabled ,but has problems walking on her high heels - if anything she had special needs

seen loads driven by wide boys and girls, it is theeeee drug dealer/chav/footballer car and the replacemnent for the X5 ans the latest thing imho
Old 29 April 2007, 11:45 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Chav icon

saw one being parked in a disabled spot at Tesco's just yesterday by a footballers wife wannabe, complete with burberry skirt, D&G glasses, fake tan, dressed like a hooker. shouting and laughing down the phone loudly punctuating every sentence with '****ing' or 'shuuuut up' She was hardly disabled ,but has problems walking on her high heels - if anything she had special needs

seen loads driven by wide boys and girls, it is theeeee drug dealer/chav/footballer car and the replacemnent for the X5 ans the latest thing imho
I agree with you for once but me and you are gonna have to have a word about you infracting me
Old 29 April 2007, 03:07 PM
51st state
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Chavs = Peasant whom believes the delusion that by displaying items of wealth that he/she may be perceived a little higher up the social ladder than a flea, usually by wearing crass overly labelled and obvious brands which are either stolen originals (either with security tag attached or ill-fitting as it was all the shoplifting junkie could get) or market stall fakes.

cHAVE's = Chavs in their youth they still have the same mindset to display their social position. They now HAVE the funds to afford the real thing but not the style, intelligence or discretion realise the obvious desperation it exudes in their quest to ensure everyone sees they've risen above their humble beginnings, and in doing so put themselves right back down there with the scum.

very well put
Old 29 April 2007, 03:12 PM
51st state
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Chav icon

spot on

and the person you describe are really horrible obnoxious , self indulged scum, with no taste,
completely ruin the image of whatever they crave,
RR = chav

Old 29 April 2007, 03:23 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
VERY chav here in sunny Yorkshire,......there are soo many brand new ones, all of which seem to be clones in black with tints etc....most driven by drug dealers/dodgy blokes with accident claims companies etc...

I seriously considered both the RR sport and Q7 but in reality they are the ultimate chav wagon.....

You can lease em for about £500pm which makes them affordable to many different types of chav and wanna footballers wives...

Having said that, they are nice cars!
really?
Old 29 April 2007, 04:04 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by cookstar
really?
True, for a base model, i think you can lease a rr sport decent spec for around £650 / £700 a month.
Old 29 April 2007, 04:05 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by 51st state
spot on

and the person you describe are really horrible obnoxious , self indulged scum, with no taste,
completely ruin the image of whatever they crave,
RR = chav

Old 29 April 2007, 04:14 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
True, for a base model, i think you can lease a rr sport decent spec for around £650 / £700 a month.

still £700 is afordable, if you consider it aaginst finance, depreciation, servicing etc of a normal new car
Old 29 April 2007, 06:17 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

People with real money drive Defenders or battered 10yo Discoverys/RR's.
Old 29 April 2007, 06:21 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

vehicle of choice for the asian lads here in luton, does that make it chavistani??
Old 29 April 2007, 06:35 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
People with real money drive Defenders or battered 10yo Discoverys/RR's.
And they tend to wear Belstaffs and wellies instead of Berghaus and Rockports.
Old 29 April 2007, 06:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
I agree with you for once but me and you are gonna have to have a word about you infracting me

Cool! - Nice to feel wanted, the infraction was for trolling and i stand by it

Quick Reply: The New Range Rover Sport.......Chav or not Chav???