Range Rover??

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2007, 01:26 PM
NorthDave
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover??

Hi there,

Anyone run a Range Rover? Particularly the TD6. You seem to be able to pick up a 2/3 year old one for a reasonable amount of cash nowadays.

I seem to remember something about the suspension needing doing but I dont know whether this is the old ones. How much is servicing really going to cost?

They reckon they are the ultimate luxury car and I could do with a decent boot and a comfy ride.

Cheers

Dave
Old 26 April 2007, 02:00 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

My folks have a MY04 54 4.4 Vogue. Fairly good car, certainly better than the previous model. Their car has the VIP package with the free servicing valid for 5 years I think.

As for as breakages go, so far they have had a lot of ‘faults’ but no real breakages. Gearbox and the suspension is the usual suspect for failing and on their previous 2.5 diesels they had new engines and turbos at various intervals. They handle like a barge, but better than the previous model by a country mile. Suspension is ok, not up to Lexus LS/S class merc standard though - their car is on standard 19" wheels.

The 4.4 does 16mpg but sounds great under load, quiet under ‘normal’ driving and has quite a good turn of speed for the size/weight. Front pads were replaced every service though, and it had a new pair of rear tyres @ 20k. Other than a broken headlight wiper I think that has been it for now! [Touch wood].

I guess you need to consider the on going depreciation too? My folks paid £65k in November 2004, I guess it is worth about £30k now!?!? They tend to travel one way in value though

Last edited by Andy M3; 26 April 2007 at 02:02 PM.