Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

E92 M3 ...

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2007, 12:10 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up E92 M3 ...

... worth the asking price just for the noise? Turn volume to full!

YouTube - BMW M3 (E92) auf der Nordschleife

Usual apologies if SIAL.

TX.
Old 28 March 2007, 05:29 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

As it's coming towards the camera it sounds like an S2000 with the air box lid removed
Old 28 March 2007, 05:53 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

And the engine characteristics are similiar to that of honda v-tec units so if you dont like those there is a chance you wont like the latest m3 in its full 1700kg glory
Old 28 March 2007, 11:06 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
And the engine characteristics are similiar to that of honda v-tec units so if you dont like those there is a chance you wont like the latest m3 in its full 1700kg glory
Your comments are just puerile and utter tripe. Why would anyone take advice/listen to the nonsense that you talk? You're 22, and know barely anything about anything, evident in the many, many posts you've made. Comparing a 2litre 4 pot, VTEC engine to the new E92 4litre V8 is quite ludicrous, and to suggest that the characteristics are the same - i.e. low torque is complete and utter nonsense.

BMW have yet to release the weight, nor the gearing, but what they have released is some info around the torque curve - strong and pretty flat from 2K revs. Peak power will indeed be pretty high up the rev range, which is where I imagine your lack of any real knowledge or experience leads you to the invalid conclusion that the new M3 engine is similar to the S2000. And you know what, I've driven the S2000, and I love it, but it's no V8!

Unless you have something constructive to add, why on earth do you post? To gloat? To create an argument? You seem to pop up on every thread these days, and genuinely spoil them. Please reconsider why you're here and what you post - I'm here to enjoy reading other people's real experience of cars and sometimes to contribute, where I feel I can.

Anyway...back on track... that engine sounds stunning, will be interested to see the final spec and weight figures. Rumour has it it'll be under 1600kgs, but we'll see. New V8 engine is lighter that E46 M3 engine, and not much heavier than the 335i engine, so with some extra weight saving bits and bobs, it shouldn't be too much heavier...

Last edited by 645; 28 March 2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 28 March 2007, 11:17 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 645
Your comments are just puerile and utter tripe. Why would anyone take advice/listen to the nonsense that you talk? You're 22, and know barely anything about anything, evident in the many, many posts you've made. Comparing a 2litre 4 pot, VTEC engine to the new E92 4litre V8 is quite ludicrous, and to suggest that the characteristics are the same - i.e. low torque is complete and utter nonsense.

BMW have yet to release the weight, nor the gearing, but what they have released is some info around the torque curve - strong and pretty flat from 2K revs. Peak power will indeed be pretty high up the rev range, which is where I imagine your lack of any real knowledge or experience leads you to the invalid conclusion that the new M3 engine is similar to the S2000. And you know what, I've driven the S2000, and I love it, but it's no V8!

Unless you have something constructive to add, why on earth do you post? To gloat? To create an argument? You seem to pop up on every thread these days, and genuinely spoil them. Please reconsider why you're here and what you post - I'm here to enjoy reading other people's real experience of cars and sometimes to contribute, where I feel I can.

Anyway...back on track... that engine sounds stunning, will be interested to see the final spec and weight figures. Rumour has it it'll be under 1600kgs, but we'll see. New V8 engine is lighter that E46 M3 engine, and not much heavier than the 335i engine, so with some extra weight saving bits and bobs, it shouldn't be too much heavier...
the engine is 195kg.

The power curve is a bit wishy washy.

Regards

Your king
Old 29 March 2007, 12:17 AM
Skittles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 645

Well said mate. How someone who lacks any knowledge can make so many sweeping statements was comical to begin with but now its just irritating. He has nothing constructive to add; he just turns every thread into a pointless argument.

On topic, the E92 M3 is supposed to also have a CF roof to lower the COG and reduce weight. Nice touch. It should be a cracking, cracking car, but it would have to be to stay ahead of the strengthening competition.
Old 29 March 2007, 08:05 AM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
the engine is 195kg.

The power curve is a bit wishy washy.

Regards

Your king
As I said, if you've got something to say, pls let it be constructive/accurate. The engine weight is 202kg, according to this, but if you have another source? That same site also shows and discusses the torque curve.

Would you please state precisely what you mean by "wishy washy"? I can't imagine the E92 M3 performance, when released, will ever be described as such.

Looking forward to an adult-like reply.

Skittles - agree, it's got to be bloody good, as the competition, inc. RS4, have certainly moved the game on.