Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

FTO

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2007, 10:49 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FTO

My brothers mate was very close to buying one today, but i stopped him, for one it was £4995, and had been (badly) repaired from a front end accident.

Now what are the going rate for these things, and anything to look out for when viewing please
Old 08 February 2007, 08:52 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Old 08 February 2007, 09:35 AM
fabiavrs
Scooby Regular

Best thing to do is study autotrader and see what they are going for there. Parkers have the prices for the UK spec ones only 2000-2002 which start from £5000 for a poor one.

I'd also have a look here FTO Owners Club :: Index

hth
Old 08 February 2007, 11:03 AM
UKScoobGS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up FTO Options

I have had three of these and still own a Manual GR.
Prices have taken a dive as with all imports due to insurance and also remember the fto is group 20.

Still i love these cars as long as you get a nice one, make sure its been maintained.

Also go for a 5 speed manual as the early 4 speed tiptronic box is prone to trouble if badly maintained. 5 speed tips a little better.

Stay awat from the GS model which is a 1.8 , GR is a NA V6 and the GPX has the mivec engine a bit like vtec for honda.
Alot of mivecs have been getting big end trouble due to oil starvation, GR manual is the safest option as i don't know anyone that has had a failed engine in a GR.

Prices for a Tip GR/GPX can be £1500 to £5000, it really depends on condition and how many aftermarket mods etc.

Mine is a 1996 GR manual, leather interior, 18" alloys, Version R spoiler and sprayed VW R32 blue. Its probably worth around £3500 to £4500.

Best model is the GP version R which is a stripped out GPX.

Check out FTO Owners Club, also best to buy from an ex-ftooc member that has taken care of his pride and joy.

Have had a classic wrx, blobby wrx and currently a forester but still love my wee fto for cheap fun and thrills.

Cheers

Gordon.
Old 08 February 2007, 12:51 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

I have a manual GPX. It's good fun.

Prices are all over the price. Manuals are rarer and better and go for a premimum. Have seen them for 3k and a dealer near me has them up at 7k (94-96 models).

Oil starvation in GPX's could be down to a sticking idle valve. Had mine replaced last year.