Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Fiat Panda 100hp.....anyone cheaper??

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2007, 02:52 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiat Panda 100hp.....anyone cheaper??

Well,my missus went out today so as i had nothing to do i thought i would go and have a look at one of these new Panda 100hp's that a lot of mag's seem to be raving about as i do like the look of them and to see what all the fuss was about.

The conclusion is that it is an absolutely blinding little car,it's comfortable,quick,handles well,has a fantastic standard spec,and as i say,i think they look brilliant.The doors also shut with a good thud,which you would expect them to feel flimsy,and although some of the plastics are a bit hard,it does seem very well built (for the price and for a Fiat)...................and i have fallen in love with it!!!

And so................

I have got the dealer down to £8995 (£9995 list),with free metallic paint (i think they look best in grey and it's a £350 option),full set of carpet mat's,full set of rubber mat's,and a free tankfull of fuel on the road for a March 2007 '07 Plate.He has also said he will pay £3500 for my wifes Berlingo Multispace which i paid £2900 for for her birthday in October,or £2500 for a '52 plate Fiat Seicento i bought last week for £1100 as a runabout until i can pick up my new STI next week.

The only extra i am tempted to get is the optional 5 disc multichanger(or should i just get an ipod),and the 6 speaker stereo upgrade with subwoofer and wheel mounted controls.Bluetooth is already part of the standard spec along with climate control,electric windows,sports seats,6 speed gearbox,privacy glass etc etc.

So what i want to know is,is there any websites i should check to see if i can get it cheaper,as i am pretty determined to buy one (for my wife ).
Old 20 January 2007, 03:13 PM
ScoobyDoo69
Scooby Senior

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So you want to buy a £9k car.. and it's going to be a new Fiat. Do you know the cars that you could buy for that money ? lol
Old 20 January 2007, 03:17 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

You can get a 100hp 1.4 seat ibiza brand new for 8 grand....
Old 20 January 2007, 04:06 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69
So you want to buy a £9k car.. and it's going to be a new Fiat. Do you know the cars that you could buy for that money ? lol

Yes thanks,but none are brand new and as much fun.
Old 20 January 2007, 04:08 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
You can get a 100hp 1.4 seat ibiza brand new for 8 grand....

I have driven the FR with the 150bhp 1.8T engine and was pretty underwhelmed by it,so a 1.4 is not going to impress....................the choice of car is made and it is definately going to be the Panda,the question was if anyone knows of a website or dealer i could check to get it cheaper
Old 20 January 2007, 06:22 PM
Mike123
Scooby Regular

They're good fun to drive then?

I did smile when you said you'd a Berlingo as they do remind me of the Fiat so i can see why you go for the looks

Have you tried the Suzuki Swift out of interest?
Old 20 January 2007, 06:41 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mike123
They're good fun to drive then?

I did smile when you said you'd a Berlingo as they do remind me of the Fiat so i can see why you go for the looks

Have you tried the Suzuki Swift out of interest?
LOL.................I said it was my wifes aswell .

Really is a bloody fun car though,thats why for the first time in my motoring career i am actually tempted to buy a brand new car.

Unfortunately we need 5 doors otherwise the Swift Sport may be just as good.

Now got the dealer down to £8700,but he thinks he will also reduce the part ex allowances,so he is getting back to me tomorrow and if he says the same thing,he can keep it as i am sure he is more desperate to sell than i am to buy
Old 20 January 2007, 06:44 PM
Mike123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
LOL.................I said it was my wifes aswell .

Really is a bloody fun car though,thats why for the first time in my motoring career i am actually tempted to buy a brand new car.

Unfortunately we need 5 doors otherwise the Swift Sport may be just as good.

Now got the dealer down to £8700,but he thinks he will also reduce the part ex allowances,so he is getting back to me tomorrow and if he says the same thing,he can keep it as i am sure he is more desperate to sell than i am to buy
As an aside ( well it keeps your thread at the top ) have you seen the big report this month in EVO mag on the one they bought?
Old 20 January 2007, 07:04 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Why would any private person want a new car?...the minute you drive it off the forecourt, youve lost about 20% of its value....youd have to be loopy to buy brand new...especially a 9K panda???????
Old 20 January 2007, 07:04 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

This hotted-up Panda 100 HP has a new 1.4-litre, 16-valve engine with six-speed manual gearbox producing, yes, 100bhp, good for 0-60mph in 9.5 seconds, 115mph and 43.5mpg. A Sport button on the fascia remaps the ECU to give quicker throttle response and a more direct steering ratio. It's finished with a special bodykit, a unique grille, 15" alloys, chrome spoiler and exhaust pipes, front foglights, black interior trim and a leather steering wheel.

^ Awesome performance for the money

same sort of price 13.5K new .
Old 20 January 2007, 07:11 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

This could be interesting with a 1.8Tshoehorned into the front, and the pointless ICE removed

You'd get a grand back for the lupo engine and ICE
Old 20 January 2007, 08:57 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Well, I read the Evo article and reckon it sounds a fun wee car !

I've spent more than that on a car, yet never bought brand new. Still, if new is what you want, it seems like it would be a laugh to drive and easy to own.
Old 20 January 2007, 09:16 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

1k off a 10k newly released model.......I'd say you're doing well. You've got a few extras too. Have you thought about trying for a free service or 2 if they won't budge even further on the price?
Old 20 January 2007, 10:46 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
This could be interesting with a 1.8Tshoehorned into the front, and the pointless ICE removed

You'd get a grand back for the lupo engine and ICE

As stated,it is a car for my wife and 2 kids to run around in predominately.

I need 5 doors for the above reason.

If i wanted a second "high" performance model,i would go out and buy one,as i have done previously.

This thread was about finding out if anyone had any other suggestions on where i could try to get a better price ...................it was not a thread about people suggesting all kinds of cars that do not fit in with why i am considering buying the above car.I have considered several options already,and THIS car fits MY bill.

Oh and just for those that do not realise it,fun does come in shapes other than Impreza,and cars do not need 100's of BHP to be fun!!
Old 20 January 2007, 10:49 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
1k off a 10k newly released model.......I'd say you're doing well. You've got a few extras too. Have you thought about trying for a free service or 2 if they won't budge even further on the price?
Cheers mate,like i say,he is phoning me back tomorrow so will see what he offers then,however,i think with 13% of list price and nearly £700 of extras it's a deal i am happy with,if the cash to change is right................will still at least try the 1st service aswell though!!
Old 21 January 2007, 08:52 AM
Volks
Scooby Regular

Cheers mate,like i say,he is phoning me back tomorrow so will see what he offers then,however,i think with 13% of list price and nearly £700 of extras it's a deal i am happy with,if the cash to change is right................will still at least try the 1st service aswell though!!
It does appear a good deal to me, there are a few demonstrators on autotrader for the same money.....

A salesman that phones on a Sunday? Most of the clowns I`ve dealt with struggled to call me on a weekday!
Old 21 January 2007, 10:03 AM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Volks
It does appear a good deal to me, there are a few demonstrators on autotrader for the same money.....

I certainly don't think i will get a better deal now for a brand new '07 plate with the extras that we want,it does just come down to the cash to change now.

A salesman that phones on a Sunday? Most of the clowns I`ve dealt with struggled to call me on a weekday!
He is certainly alone in that it would seem.......................one dealer i phoned 2 weeks ago was expecting one in the day after i phoned up about it and said he would get in touch as soon as it arrived.........................he hasn't.How these people make their living is absolutely beyond me...................i phoned a different dealer yesterday to see what their best price would be(as they are 50 miles from me,which i explained),and his abrubt answer was i am not discussing it over the phone,despite me telling him i would order it then if it was better than where i had been already.................he didn't even ask what that price was
Old 21 January 2007, 10:38 AM
Dave R
Scooby Regular

Smile

If you bought one through me I could save you 22% on a Micra 160SR.
1.6 16v 108bhp 5 doors better quality etc...

Only want a small 'present' for my trouble...
Old 21 January 2007, 10:45 AM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

Fiat Panda 100HP - New Car Reviews - Times Online

Seem to like it. I've read they Evo article and they love it too.

- if the dealer's offering £1000 off list, throwing in £350 paint and bits and bobs, and giving you a profit of £1400 on your trade in, I'd say it was a very good deal.

Last edited by Dieseldog; 21 January 2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old 23 January 2007, 10:33 AM
blunder2006
Scooby Newbie

I think that is a very good deal.

Go for it...I went to see one too and really liked it. Cannot afford it just yet but it would be very interesting to see your photos and reports one you have got it. i don't think you will lose much value with the discount you are getting.
Old 23 January 2007, 01:34 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Dealer still not got back to me and i'm buggered if i am getting in touch with him as it's not my job,so we will have to wait and see.
Old 23 January 2007, 01:47 PM
chippy17
Scooby Regular

I think it looks like a great car, Fiat back from the brink, go for it. Sounds like a good deal too. if you want a brand new car for this kind of money there is not a lot else.
Also in the Evo article they ended up pitting it against a Ren Clio V6 and in terms of wet road cross-country pace the Panda left the Clio for dead!
Old 23 January 2007, 02:05 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chippy17
I think it looks like a great car, Fiat back from the brink, go for it. Sounds like a good deal too. if you want a brand new car for this kind of money there is not a lot else.
Also in the Evo article they ended up pitting it against a Ren Clio V6 and in terms of wet road cross-country pace the Panda left the Clio for dead!
Finished reading Evo now,and they do rave about it.

I must admit,i had no real intention of buying one when i went to look at it,i just wanted to see what all the fuss was about,as all the roadtests i have read all say that it's excellent.

However,after driving it,i can see why,it really is fantastic fun.................the garage also had a Smart Fourfour Brabus in(1.5 Turbo - 177bhp),which i also drove,and i got out of the Panda smiling and thinking it was brilliant,and i got out of the Smart thinking it was much inferior.................even dare i say on build quality,plus the Smart's computer showed 20.1mpg and the Panda's 36.4mpg.

The only problem i have is that if the dealer gets back to me and i buy one,i can see me using it more than the Impreza!!
Old 23 January 2007, 03:07 PM
chippy17
Scooby Regular

Finished reading Evo now,and they do rave about it.

I must admit,i had no real intention of buying one when i went to look at it,i just wanted to see what all the fuss was about,as all the roadtests i have read all say that it's excellent.

However,after driving it,i can see why,it really is fantastic fun.................the garage also had a Smart Fourfour Brabus in(1.5 Turbo - 177bhp),which i also drove,and i got out of the Panda smiling and thinking it was brilliant,and i got out of the Smart thinking it was much inferior.................even dare i say on build quality,plus the Smart's computer showed 20.1mpg and the Panda's 36.4mpg.

The only problem i have is that if the dealer gets back to me and i buy one,i can see me using it more than the Impreza!!
I had a good look round one at the Autsport and must say it was rather nice, too small for me personally, but well built with a great spec, no how about a 4x4100HP!
Old 23 January 2007, 03:26 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chippy17
I had a good look round one at the Autsport and must say it was rather nice, too small for me personally, but well built with a great spec, no how about a 4x4100HP!

While i was trawling the internet for a better deal,i stumbled across a Panda Abarth which is due out sometime and thats got at least 120bhp from a 1.4/1.5 Turbo.................it will probably be after the Fiat 500 Abarth(which is due to get the same engine),however,that with a remap etc and putting out around 150-160bhp would be excellent i should imagine.

If only the salesman would get back to me....................how do they earn a living?
Old 24 January 2007, 02:13 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Just read the EVO review -Almost makes me want to go and book a test drive!

Perfect 2nd car for city blatting I reckon.
Old 24 January 2007, 02:54 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Ah, the usual stupid comments from Scoobynet regulars. Of course you don't want a good looking supermini that all the car mags are raving about. You don't want the security of a 3 year warranty, the low insurance, great mpg, latest crash protection nor the fun of speccing up a brand new car. What you want to do is max out your budget buying a huge super saloon that is about as suitable for your wife as an armoured personel carrier. You can then max out your credit cards keeping it on the road. Go ahead and buy this car with confidence. If it loses 60% of the 10 grand list price over 3 years then with the deal you have managed to haggle you will only have lost 5 grand. Cheap, fun motoring. You would spend more than the 5 grand running some of the cars that these geniuses would have you buy. The usual stupid comments from the usual stupid people who think power is everything. Buy your car and enjoy it. A great choice.

I won't be replying to any follow-up abuse I get to this posting as I am going to be zooming around the Canadian Rockies on my skis rather than pouring petrol into my old STI.
Old 24 January 2007, 03:06 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Just read the EVO review -Almost makes me want to go and book a test drive!

Perfect 2nd car for city blatting I reckon.
I could not recommend it highly enough mate,excellent little car.....................**** dealers though,still not heard anything!!
Old 24 January 2007, 03:11 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
Ah, the usual stupid comments from Scoobynet regulars. Of course you don't want a good looking supermini that all the car mags are raving about. You don't want the security of a 3 year warranty, the low insurance, great mpg, latest crash protection nor the fun of speccing up a brand new car. What you want to do is max out your budget buying a huge super saloon that is about as suitable for your wife as an armoured personel carrier. You can then max out your credit cards keeping it on the road. Go ahead and buy this car with confidence. If it loses 60% of the 10 grand list price over 3 years then with the deal you have managed to haggle you will only have lost 5 grand. Cheap, fun motoring. You would spend more than the 5 grand running some of the cars that these geniuses would have you buy. The usual stupid comments from the usual stupid people who think power is everything. Buy your car and enjoy it. A great choice.

I won't be replying to any follow-up abuse I get to this posting as I am going to be zooming around the Canadian Rockies on my skis rather than pouring petrol into my old STI.
As you soon come to realise on all these sort of sites mate,you get driving enthusiasts who can see the benefit and fun in more cars than just the one make,and then you get the others that think one make (and often their car in particular) is far superior to anything from or by anyone else...................i just let it wash over me as i know a good car when i drive it,and this is fantastic !!
Old 24 January 2007, 03:24 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Does anyone else simply enjoy driving all sorts of cars and do they also relish the challenge of getting the most out of whatever they drive?

I've had fun in Transits, Land Rover Defenders, hire Corsas, even a 1.0 litre Daihatsu Sirion, etc, etc as well as "fast" stuff.

Now the Panda sounds like an ideal blend of fun with enough oomph to play on the limit.
And the fact it has a Fiat badge is actually even more appealing as I have a condition called "badge snob contempt."

Quick Reply: Fiat Panda 100hp.....anyone cheaper??